The issues of 7 stars and why I'm done.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. The issues of 7 stars and why I'm done.

User Info: EphemeralWind

EphemeralWind
3 months ago#1
Before you say anything stupid or try to sear me: I'm a JP player you twits

It's been at least a month or so since the first wave of 7 stars, and I am left largely dissatisfied for the most part, and here is why:

The new rainbow's missing kits
New 5 star bases automatically get 7 stars, but you can see their kit is missing half of it before then. This means if you whiff the 2nd rainbow on the banner that unit is essentially useless,

And if you think about it further, we've regressed back to the ages of 1% rainbows. 2 instances of 3% (Actually ~1% considering On Banner split from offvanner) is roughly 0.9% using on banner math. ???

Step up banners are absolute twaddle.
Ever since the fiasco with Seph/Lila banner, Step up banners have been a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back. The current version of Step up as of the current time in costs 11k. It has a maximum chance of 5x rates for a CG LV. The preceding rewards amount to a 15% mog. You can entirely whiff on the stepup and not get a single on banner rainbow, and in the new system where you need 2 of anything to get anywhere

Content is scaled to 7 stars way too early to shove the player in obtaining them
3 star espers, newer trials, and maybe Nunki (the latest 10 man boss) has a f*** ton of HP and an extreme amount of damage plus statuses to boot; 3/4 stars (save for like a small few) and a handful of 5-6 star base aren't enough anymore. This is similar to their overreaction to Orlandu smashing things to bit back in JP

Moogles are way too scarce when you consider trust abilities
This is more of a small nitpick, but if you want to get the most out of your 7 star you want to have their trust ability. This means you have to 100% the awakening fodder before you get the Main unit to awaken or 100% the fodder's trust mog, adding more downtime to the unit.

UoC/Unit of choice tickets: good concept, s*** execution
UoCs are obtained only via 2 sources, Devs being generous or Moogle Kings.

Consider if the Devs did not give any freebies. It would take 5 months to get ONE rainbow via the system. This is before you consider the fact that it takes 151,000 currency to obtain both shards. It is alleviated somewhat by the "Majin/Demon" Tier MK stages, and having a good amount of bonus.

Epilogue
It's frustrating if you're not in the upper echolons of the paying players, or if you're not extremely lucky. The new system really doesnt cater who dont pay jack s*** or pay in small amounts.

I've lost interest in the game as a whole, tired of being treated like a second class citizen after devoting this much time to it. Also, I am no longer going to update the TMR list stickied in the board. Sorry for the peeps who still use it. Have a good day.
Something is going to change, that's how I felt, in a little while
It disappears quietly, June, number 6, in a little while, in a little while

User Info: kanyediamonds

kanyediamonds
3 months ago#2
Bye Felicia.

User Info: shiva9999

shiva9999
3 months ago#3
kanyediamonds posted...
Bye Felicia.

Savage
Feminist and activist Gamer lol
PS4-VITA-STEAM. FFBE:345,491,776 PSN:subaru2985

User Info: KingDelita

KingDelita
3 months ago#4
good riddance. nobody here is gonna miss you. i know i wouldnt.

7* is bad for f2p players yes i agree. rofl.

but the rest of us have the $ to pay for it, i mean why not...japan has 2 1/2 more years left so 7* is already the maximum. im very interested to see what kind of trials they will make for the 7* units to really challenge on.

and not to mention the story isnt even done either.
Delita Hyral, the last of the Black Sheep Knights.
"Tough...Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God"

User Info: Nota214

Nota214
3 months ago#5
Yeah, 7* feels like it was a knee jerk reaction to having released Lila as broken as she was and then to rectify that they decided to try and bring other units up to her power.

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
3 months ago#6
So as soon as the first 7*s becomes available if you don't immediately have a top tier party of all 7*s with STMRs you will feel like you wasted your time?

You are missing the point and probably SHOULD'NT play.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: EphemeralWind

EphemeralWind
3 months ago#7
Nota214 posted...
Yeah, 7* feels like it was a knee jerk reaction to having released Lila as broken as she was and then to rectify that they decided to try and bring other units up to her power.

Yeah and they didnt try to compensate for it whatsoever.

I'm probably b****ing too early but having played JP since 1st Anniv, I'm really burnt out in being unable to do content like I did a few months back with my budget teams.

It's just way too premium
Something is going to change, that's how I felt, in a little while
It disappears quietly, June, number 6, in a little while, in a little while

User Info: xTecKx

xTecKx
3 months ago#8
I definitely agree with a lot of these points and have been wondering if they'll address them either in jp or GL(lol).

Step up banners are absolute twaddle.
Ever since the fiasco with Seph/Lila banner, Step up banners have been a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back. The current version of Step up as of the current time in costs 11k. It has a maximum chance of 5x rates for a CG LV. The preceding rewards amount to a 15% mog. You can entirely whiff on the stepup and not get a single on banner rainbow, and in the new system where you need 2 of anything to get anywhere

It feels like their still experimenting with Step-up banners though they've done the 11k a few times all ready but it's hard to say if they'll keep it like that or not. I'm also kinda confused as to how the rate ups with the 11k step ups work.

Moogles are way too scarce when you consider trust abilities
This is more of a small nitpick, but if you want to get the most out of your 7 star you want to have their trust ability. This means you have to 100% the awakening fodder before you get the Main unit to awaken or 100% the fodder's trust mog, adding more downtime to the unit.

I honestly feel like they need to make TMRs far more accessible and balance the game around them at this point. Their are just so freaking many of them it's kinda ridiculous. Content also just becomes either too easy due to having too many tmr's or really difficult with the lack of.

UoC/Unit of choice tickets: good concept, s*** execution
UoCs are obtained only via 2 sources, Devs being generous or Moogle Kings.

Consider if the Devs did not give any freebies. It would take 5 months to get ONE rainbow via the system. This is before you consider the fact that it takes 151,000 currency to obtain both shards. It is alleviated somewhat by the "Majin/Demon" Tier MK stages, and having a good amount of bonus.

This is what I personally worry most about especially with GUMI and them balancing content around 7*'s.

Even with the 3% their are still people who go over 100 pulls without a single rainbow. I personally have gotten lucky lately so i'm not as worried as I used to be but this isn't the case for everyone.

All in all it's sad to lose another senior member of the community.

User Info: scytherman96

scytherman96
3 months ago#9
Yeah JP is really boring right now. Honestly i just TMR grind in hope it actually gets better again at some point. The entire execution of everything surrounding 7* just sucks.
Pulls aren't fun anymore because any new unit you get is garbage, unless you already have a 2nd of them. Pulling on new banners is worthless because the chance of getting 2 of the units you want is way too low. And we don't get nearly enough UoC tickets to actually solve that issue (f***ing 2 a month and one costs 150k MK currency, to which i say f*** you).

I wish GL will approach 7*s differently, but i don't exactly trust Gumi enough to get my hopes up. They may have done alot of improvements over JP, but ultimately their decisions are fueled by even worse greed than Alims.

User Info: Sykostuff

Sykostuff
3 months ago#10
KingDelita posted...
good riddance. nobody here is gonna miss you. i know i wouldnt.

7* is bad for f2p players yes i agree. rofl.

but the rest of us have the $ to pay for it, i mean why not...japan has 2 1/2 more years left so 7* is already the maximum. im very interested to see what kind of trials they will make for the 7* units to really challenge on.

and not to mention the story isnt even done either.

It really is true, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Remember you can hate a good thing and like a bad thing. But that doesn't change it's quality. Welcome to being a bit smarter, your welcome.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. The issues of 7 stars and why I'm done.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived