Other tanks keep interrupting Charlotte/WoL's full cover

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Other tanks keep interrupting Charlotte/WoL's full cover

User Info: Pierz

Pierz
6 months ago#1
Does the order of the party actually effect who covers what?
I'm doing the raids on ELT at the moment, and it's generally manageable when Charlotte's Grandshelt Shield procs to cover the damage. The thing is, I find it a lot easier when full-breaking the dragon to keep his stats down.

Unfortunately the only units with Full Break that can stand up to him are Agrias and WoL, and they both have a tendency to go "NO, I WILL DEFEND YOU CHARLOTTE" and interrupt the proc, thus completely screwing everyone over.

I'll keep experimenting with other Max Lv 6☆ units but full-breaking feels necessary (on top of stat boosting everyone)

User Info: Willowed

Willowed
6 months ago#2
Don't use two tanks that can ST cover. That's all you can do.

If you can survive one turn without breaking, just use WoL and forego Charlotte.
https://prnt.sc/hyikao
I'm famous with a cheater, apparently.

User Info: cyanide_suicide

cyanide_suicide
6 months ago#3
This is one of the reasons why Ray Jack is such a garbage unit. His lvl 92 ability actively inhibits your real tanks from doing their jobs just as you described.

Also 6* Rain has a Full Break as well and it takes very little EXP to get him to max level.

User Info: steveo4183

steveo4183
6 months ago#4
cyanide_suicide posted...
This is one of the reasons why Ray Jack is such a garbage unit. His lvl 92 ability actively inhibits your real tanks from doing their jobs just as you described.

Also 6* Rain has a Full Break as well and it takes very little EXP to get him to max level.

Awakening materials are dirt cheap too. I seem to remember him having a cover, though...it proccing while he was a prime element sealer for Gilgamesh made a lot of people rage.

User Info: Paradox52525

Paradox52525
6 months ago#5
When hit by an AoE, single target covers chance is checked in unit order. This means the unit in slot #1 has the highest chance of being covered, and the unit in slot #6 the least. Put Charlotte in slot 5 to minimize the chance of WoL covering her. It doesn't really matter where WoL goes.

If it's single target damage targetting Charlotte it's more difficult. You could have WoL provoke so that any St moves target him, and then Charlotte will cover him, but that's about it.
Exvius: 885,837,426 (A2, 2B, Tidus, Trance Terra, Zarg, Marie, Noctis, OK, Ayaka)
Also playing: Nier Automata

User Info: cyanide_suicide

cyanide_suicide
6 months ago#6
steveo4183 posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...

Awakening materials are dirt cheap too. I seem to remember him having a cover, though...it proccing while he was a prime element sealer for Gilgamesh made a lot of people rage.

Huh, yeah he does. I had forgotten about that. It's only 5% though, which is far less than the other units. Still, if TC has absolutely no other breakers it may be his best bet.

User Info: DJMeth

DJMeth
6 months ago#7
Put your AoE cover in the 5th slot and your ST tank before and it will reduce the chances of a cover. ST cover chances are higher on whoever is to the left of the tank.
FFBE D.J.Meth 442356072
A2,2B,Ayaka,Wilhelm,Garnet/Bahamut,Emperor

User Info: Pierz

Pierz
6 months ago#8
Thanks for the advice, guys — helpful stuff.
Putting Charlotte in the fifth slot seems to be doing the trick, thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Other tanks keep interrupting Charlotte/WoL's full cover

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived