• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Looks like Fryevia > Orlandu boys

User Info: Cloudmcphroni

Cloudmcphroni
1 year ago#51
Nota214 posted...
Cloudmcphroni posted...
25k damage per hit is actually pretty impressive on that boss. Seeing that it will hit 25000 damage from 10th element chain onwards .

I have 891 noctis on global and he hits for like 80k damage with dualwield total.

So you get the idea.

The video you posted was of gorillachunks spark chaining with her. She doesn't seem to be able to element chain to 27.

Its elemental chain bro. Its pretty obvious since the skill itself is ice elemental even without ice weapon.

And if you notice when the 27 chain number comes out.
Elemental chain also appears shortly after that
Playing: Nioh
FFBE JP 1246 attk cloud strife | FFBE global 809 attk yun no element 860 att w kaiser knuckle

User Info: Noobverest

Noobverest
1 year ago#52
Nota214 posted...
Cloudmcphroni posted...
25k damage per hit is actually pretty impressive on that boss. Seeing that it will hit 25000 damage from 10th element chain onwards .

I have 891 noctis on global and he hits for like 80k damage with dualwield total.

So you get the idea.

The video you posted was of gorillachunks spark chaining with her. She doesn't seem to be able to element chain to 27.

Spark chain says Spark instead of Element Chain in rainbow but okay lets go with Spark Chain.

yes, she can't Element chain, that is actually spark chain.

Ok.

Cloudmcphroni
1 year ago#53
Noobverest posted...
Nota214 posted...
Cloudmcphroni posted...

So you get the idea.

Spark chain says Spark instead of Element Chain in rainbow but okay lets go with Spark Chain.

yes, she can't Element chain, that is actually spark chain.

Ok.

Yea ok lets go with spark chain or wtf.. im kinda tired of proving that shes better than orlandu. Not that it matters anyway since

Most people will have holy weapon anyways such as my noctis and honestly i would prefer orlandu in my team rather than her because my noctis will do a crapton more damage after holy debuff..
FFBE JP 1246 attk cloud strife | FFBE global 809 attk yun no element 860 att w kaiser knuckle

User Info: Nota214

Nota214
1 year ago#54
Pause the video as the chain is building and you can see the word "spark" underneath the word "element" from time to time. When spark chaining perfectly you expect to see one hit spark followed immediately by an element or standard chain hit. If chaining with elemental weapons then it's not uncommon to see the word "element" overlay the word "spark."

I mean, she technically has the potential to be better than Orlandu so you're not wrong in that regard. She just won't be consistently better without a macro.

Cloudmcphroni
1 year ago#55
Nota214 posted...
Pause the video as the chain is building and you can see the word "spark" underneath the word "element" from time to time. When spark chaining perfectly you expect to see one hit spark followed immediately by an element or standard chain hit. If chaining with elemental weapons then it's not uncommon to see the word "element" overlay the word "spark."

I mean, she technically has the potential to be better than Orlandu so you're not wrong in that regard. She just won't be consistently better without a macro.

Yep the problem is that she needs macro... which not many people do and holy element is better here aince most people have excalibur in global so. Orlandu will still be people's choice.

Also i just realized that spark chain is even better than elemental chain. Perfect spark chain will lead to even more dps because from 6th chain onwards each hit will deal 300% more damage while elemental chain needs 10 hit and above to hit cap

User Info: scytherman96

scytherman96
1 year ago#56
For the record, spark chain is pretty much a frame perfect chain. That is 1/30 of a second (game runs at 30 fps iirc).
FFRK Discord Server: 400-450 online users on average :)
Invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/0mqkHiS6P8HwFRgm

User Info: FallenBlue

FallenBlue
1 year ago#57
Something I've been wondering about:

I know they say Freyvia has the same hits as Orlandu, so she can (theoretically) chain for as many hits as the old man.

However, in order to do as many hits as TG Cid, doesn't she need DW? In which case, she loses her attack bonuses from being single-wield?

So do you have to choose between more ATK or longer chains?

User Info: Willowed

Willowed
1 year ago#58
FallenBlue posted...
Something I've been wondering about:

I know they say Freyvia has the same hits as Orlandu, so she can (theoretically) chain for as many hits as the old man.

However, in order to do as many hits as TG Cid, doesn't she need DW? In which case, she loses her attack bonuses from being single-wield?

So do you have to choose between more ATK or longer chains?

The fix for that is to build her as MAG while using DW.
However, chaining with TGC is much more difficult without other units chaining the gap because her attack startup frames are shorter. 40 to Orlandu's 70.

User Info: Jammer8

Jammer8
1 year ago#59
Orlando can chain any element, which is the real winner here. as with Agrias and DV, none of them are limited to holy or dark in DV's case. Just equip them with the same element sword and Elemental chains galore. that fact alone and the extreme ease of raising his ATK is another reason. My JP Orlando had 980 Atk and the ONLY TM's ihave are Cecil Excalibur and Zidane DW. Other than that he is using Gengi Blade, FF15 18ATK hat, Cloud events armor, Ifrits 30 atk acc, and Onion Knights Acc. The materia are Zidane DW, GS Mastery, 30% atk from Gilgamesh, and the new 20% Atk from FF9 current event. Also a maxed Odin. and ATK potted fully at 34.

Now Orlando has his HP / Sword enhancement maxed and level 1 of saintly explosion. used my offensive stones to fully max Agrias for chaining. Also his abilitiy is NOT locked to ANY Element. Sure it's stronger with Holy but his true value is the best and easiest chainer in the game. Most people if they have TGC they have Agrias (or more than one) and OP Orlando units are extremely easy to find on JP. I consistently get atleast 39 straight chains every time with those 3 and I'm not great at timing it's just that easy. thats 29 Hits fully maxed every time.
NO OTHER UNIT COMBO can do that in JP ATM. OK is difficult to chain, and only with himself, Tidus is unable to keep a chain going. Eileen is the only one able to compete and you need another Eileen. so thats you and a friend unless your a lucky whale. so even though her damage is technically higher she isn't as easy to chain and only truly with herself. People that say William, his power is massively inferior to her.

The reason Orlando didn't receive super OP enhancements is this reason alone.

I'm upset with Beatrix who I was lucky to pull. They state she is superior to Orlando but she isn't in terms of damage potential. Not even close. She has a bunch of utility and will become my finisher with that super strong ability but the frames breaking at 15 constantly is upsetting. I was hoping she could chain with the triplets ( What I call TGC, Agrias and DV)

dont' be salty because you may have spent a fortune and didn't get TGC, I did the same but oh well. Fryevia is a good unit but her being DH just limits her to a finisher, or a severely weakened version of herself if you DW her.
Global: 739,077,327 Noctis or Luneth. NOT Macro user
JP: 591,790,226 Orlando usually. (Beatrix currently) ATK approaching 1000,

User Info: Jammer8

Jammer8
1 year ago#60
Cloudmcphroni posted...
Nota214 posted...

Yep the problem is that she needs macro... which not many people do and holy element is better here aince most people have excalibur in global so. Orlandu will still be people's choice.

Also i just realized that spark chain is even better than elemental chain. Perfect spark chain will lead to even more dps because from 6th chain onwards each hit will deal 300% more damage while elemental chain needs 10 hit and above to hit cap

Spark chain is extremely difficult to acheive consistantly and to keep a long chain with. while I constantly get a 39 chain every time in JP with TGC, Agrias, and a friend CID or DV, I have acheived chains up to well over 60.

so you figure I get 29 hits at a max increase with a superior Cid, a strong Agrias,and a super OP friend Cid. which all of mine have over 1000 ATK and Saint Exp enhanced to at least 1 if not 2.

During the FF14 Raid on the max level I would damage Titan to 13 and up to 15 Million and that is with WOL armor breaking and with Ariana adding 100% Atk but i only used 3 attackers. I never bothered using my 2nd Agrias. Agrias starts, followed by my Orlando and the OP friend unit Finished. 39 Chain and the lowest damage I did was 10 Million and ususally 12-13 with 15 being the most. And My Orlando Isn't strong compared to most of JP units as I do not TM farm
Global: 739,077,327 Noctis or Luneth. NOT Macro user
JP: 591,790,226 Orlando usually. (Beatrix currently) ATK approaching 1000,
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Looks like Fryevia > Orlandu boys
  • Topic Archived