Party help, not sure who should stay and who goes.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Party help, not sure who should stay and who goes.

User Info: LoneReaper115

LoneReaper115
1 year ago#1
Currently leveling up a few characters, but this is what decent units I have to work with:

CoD
Kefka
Tellah
Celes
Firion
Bartz
Vaan
Artemios
Golbez

I know that several of these have 6 star variants, and may build around that. Currently running Kefka, CoD, Bartz, Vaan, and Artemios. I enjoy several of these units, but I feel some are more niche than others.

Thoughts?
All RPG discussion spot: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1159-reapers-rpg-island
Stop in and stay a while. GT: LoneReaper115

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
1 year ago#2
LoneReaper115 posted...
I know that several of these have 6 star variants, and may build around that.

No point in that 'cause they're not 6* right now.

LoneReaper115 posted...
Currently running Kefka, CoD, Bartz, Vaan, and Artemios. I enjoy several of these units, but I feel some are more niche than others.

If you don't have any TMRs at your disposal, then that's probably the best you could do, assuming your companion has typically been a healer.
Brave Frontier - ID: 3920283699 / Brave Exvius - ID: 439759934

LoneReaper115
1 year ago#3
I've been trying to take a healer when possible. I also have Garnet and Lenna that I've considered swapping Artemios out for, but neither one has an AoE heal yet for where they're leveled.
As far as power goes, you've got the best 5 right there. But you have no healer in it, and a healer could prove to be helpful, if not necessary. Assuming Vaan takes the tank role, Tellah brings some of that healer utility with both Cura and Raise, while bringing his own offensive prowess. But you may find more value in leveling Fina (or Lenna if you have her) because she brings Cheer to the table, and cheer will help CoD, Bartz, and Artemios quite a bit.

If you don't have the lunar pestle for CoD, then you should probably replace her. Otherwise, it's a choice between Bartz and Artemios. I'm not sure which is the stronger between the two, Bartz with Enhancer or Arty with Killer Bow. Gut says to keep Artemios.
http://www.gfycat.com/DopeyMelodicDogwoodtwigborer#
"Winter is coming." - Carl Drogo

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
1 year ago#5
LoneReaper115 posted...
I've been trying to take a healer when possible. I also have Garnet and Lenna that I've considered swapping Artemios out for, but neither one has an AoE heal yet for where they're leveled.

In that case, whenever you have Lenna fully-raised, you can replace Artemios for a more well-rounded Party, or replace Kefka for a pure-physical setup.

Because Artemios kind of has the edge in equipment compared to CoD right now, CoD is also someone to consider replacing if you lack good equipment.

If you don't think you can get a healer, then Tellah and Fina are decent substitutes. Tellah has Cura and Raise, and Fina has Cura and Cheer.
Brave Frontier - ID: 3920283699 / Brave Exvius - ID: 439759934

User Info: PhoebeDoragon

PhoebeDoragon
1 year ago#6
Kefka, Celes, Tellah, Golbez, Vaan.

Make Vaan your Psuedo-tank with Golem, if you need any tanking. This is actually starting to become a factor.
I would also Equip a Cura Materia, on Vaan, and run him with a staff. You could run Fina for healz, but you don't really need Cheer. I'm assuming you don't have access to a Healer, or feel you don't need/would benefit from one.

Actually here's a whole rundown for running Vaan like this.

Weapon: Rune/Golden Staff
Shield: Lightning/Flame Shield
Helm: Survivor's Helm
Armor: Force Armor
Acc 1: Gold Armlet
Acc 2: Defender's Bracer/Gold Armlet/Muscle Belt.

Materia Slot 1: Cura
Materia Slot 2: Esuna if you have it, HP +10,15% if you don't
Materia Slot 3: Stona
Materia Slot 4: Spr +20%/HP +10,15%/Stona

He won't be the most efficient tank/Healer, but he will benefit your party more than Fina, and can fill Breaker/Tank/Psuedo Healer role for you. Tellah can throw down an extra Cura for you if you fall behind on healz, and because of the low MP of Vaan + Golem, I would stick to using Celes for Focus Casting.

They all have access to Blizzaga(except Vaan, obviously), if you give Fire Rod to Kefka, and Lightning Rod to Celes+ Equip Ifrit on her, you'll be able to chain Lightning and Fire as well.

User Info: PhoebeDoragon

PhoebeDoragon
1 year ago#7
LoneReaper115 posted...

Missed that post somehow, if this is the case simply swap out Kefka for Lenna. I would still say the Mage Party will out nuke what you have available for physical units tho.

LoneReaper115
1 year ago#8
So, slight update. Since I pulled Cecil today, my party (once properly leveled) is:

Cecil
Vaan
Artemios
Lenna
Kefka

I started looking at things and figured full break was worth keeping Vaan in there for, then Cheer and stat healing from Lenna, Cecil the godly tank, Artemios for raw damage, and Kefka for clearing groups. I may have to do some TMR grinding, really not looking forward to it, but have some units with decent payoffs for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Party help, not sure who should stay and who goes.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived