• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Another Exploration on the Exceed Ring Crafting Materials

User Info: docsmail

docsmail
4 years ago#1
Well, am sur this has been discussed many times here and there, gathered infos and added some calculations that may be expanded. Wall of text

The Exceed Ring is the ultimate "grindy" accessory in this game as it gives 50% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR + 30% HP/MP. To unlock the receip for this you need to unlock 70 trophy wich is insane but i'll come back to this by the end. How to craft it? well just 3 Hero Rings, 3 Star of Corutz, 3 Hope Diamons and 3 Flame Bloods.

But the most annoying issue here is that the three materials here (other than the Hero Ring) are a random drop (20% chance) when crafting three other rings unlocked respectively at 40, 50 and 60 trophy. To craft those rings that are amazing by themself you'll also need a large amount of materials adding even more to the grind, here are the stats and materials for each one:

- Dominate Ring (Flame Bloods): +10% ATK/MAG/HP/MP // 40 Trophy unlocked
Hero Ring x1
Lightning Megacryst x20
Water Megacryst x20
Light Megacryst x10
Dark Megacryst x10

- Monarsh Ring (Hope Diamonds): +10% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR // 50 Trophy Unlocked
Hero Ring x1
Earth Megacryst x20
Wind Megacryst x20
Light Megacryst x10
Dark Megacryst x10

- Ruler Ring (Hope Diamonds): +10% ATK/MAG/HP/MP // 60 Trophy Unlocked
Hero Ring x1
Light Megacryst x20
Dark Megacryst x20
Fire Megacryst x10
Ice Megacryst x10

Considering the drop rate of 20% for each material of the Exceed Ring we need approximatively 15 of each of the three other rings (to simplify). Put all those numbers by x15 we get a huge number of 300 Megacryst for the two main ones (x20) and 150 for the secondary ones (x10) and naturally 15 more Hero Rings (to get x3 of a single material!).

This said, i wanted to go futher and see what are the total needs of Megacrysts and so 'ill give the total numbers directly:

Hero Ring x48
Fire Megacryst x150
Ice Megacryst x150
Light Megacryst x600
Dark Megacryst x600
Earth Megaryst x300
Wind Megacryst x300
Lightning Megacryst x300
Water Megacryst x300

We can even go futher and convert the Hero Ring (15 x3 for the three rings + 3 for the Exceed Rings) to their megacryst values:

Fire Megacryst x630
Ice Megacryst x630
Light Megacryst x600
Dark Megacryst x600
Earth Megaryst x300
Wind Megacryst x300
Lightning Megacryst x300
Water Megacryst x300

We may see easily that the Fire and Ice are the most needed (Hero Rings farming) but are closely followed by Dark and Light ones (while Dark can easily be get while farming Ice megacryst in the Kolobos Marsh, same goes for Water and Earth), we must farm for Light explicitely but i think i'll focus on this when i'll have enough of the others, Lightning and Wind are also on separate maps than the five others).

Well all in all, its 3660 Megacrysts of different types. Assuming a drop rate of 1 per 10 NRG its 3050 hours or 4 months of non stop farming (0 wasted NRG, wich is impossible for me at least). Tough more realistically i would assume a 2 Megacryst per 10 NRG as we get many kind of megacrysts and cut off those numbers by half, taking out time for events,

TM farming and wasted NRG, lets comeback to the initial 4 months. (seems fair to me)

A point i would want to add asuming 1 Megacryst per exploration its roughly 3660 explorations, but don't forget that we need an exploration trophy with 10.000 explorations so enough to gather all those materials at least one time (excluding events and espers).

Any feedback is welcome.
"To play the victim may work once or twice, but don't renounce your power as it's almost impossible to get back" P.C.
FFRK Friend ID: 9CxH (SG)

User Info: -Downfall-

-Downfall-
4 years ago#2
Summary: everyone needs to quit their jobs/school and start grinding right now

Excellent write up btw. Thanks

User Info: sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics
4 years ago#3
ummm yeah... I'm going to file this under "I don't need to have the absolute maxed characters ever" and if the game turns into a point of NEEDING it, then I'm going to flip Gumi the finger and uninstall it.

docsmail
4 years ago#4
-Downfall- posted...
Summary: everyone needs to quit their jobs/school and start grinding right now

hhh, yeah i think you've found the answer.

Its 4-5 months while playing at a "normal" pace, not too hard nor very occasional (i've took out half NRG per day for farming, idk if its realistical for everyone tough).

Edit: Ruler Ring (Corutz Star)
"To play the victim may work once or twice, but don't renounce your power as it's almost impossible to get back" P.C.

User Info: salpetriere

salpetriere
4 years ago#5
The 70 trophies is the worst of it.

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
4 years ago#6
20% sounds way too high. I'm 0/11, and most people I've seen report their numbers are at or below 10%.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
4 years ago#7
salpetriere posted...

^ That.

If you've played the game long enough to get to 70 Trophies than you'll have quite a few more Megacrysts than you really are going to make good use of otherwise. Heck, as it stands I already have enough to almost (Light is preeetty far away :/) make one of them if you assume average luck.

I just hope they throw out the Dominate Ring early so that I could upgrade my Hero Rings a bit. +10% HP/MP would be pretty stellar in addition to what they currently have.

infinitexx posted...
20% sounds way too high. I'm 0/11, and most people I've seen report their numbers are at or below 10%.

Ouch. Hopefully it's just bad luck on your end or this could balloon up quite a bit. :/
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: paragon_egg

paragon_egg
4 years ago#8
sfsuphysics posted...
ummm yeah... I'm going to file this under "I don't need to have the absolute maxed characters ever" and if the game turns into a point of NEEDING it, then I'm going to flip Gumi the finger and uninstall it.

User Info: dashyl

dashyl
4 years ago#9
I wasn't even willing to grind the Gravity Rod, no chance am I getting the Exceed Ring

docsmail
4 years ago#10
infinitexx posted...

tbh i don't know the rates but this 20% is reported from a reddit thread, once we have the rings we must do some poll to determine the real rates.

ellis123 posted...
salpetriere posted...

If you've played the game long enough to get to 70 Trophies than you'll have quite a few more Megacrysts than you really are going to make good use of otherwise.

Well, that was the point of the last paragraphe ;) but if doing those 70 trophies while focusing in the important things (i was selling excess water and earth megarysts before i know about the ring).

Heck, as it stands I already have enough to almost (Light is preeetty far away :/) make one of them if you assume average luck.

Do you have 48 hero rings? waw, how many refreshes?!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
  3. Another Exploration on the Exceed Ring Crafting Materials
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A