• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#41
Out of curiosity, is there a way to get your mobile device data to Nox? Is it just a matter of linking to a facebook account (which I currently don't have) While playing on the tablet is nice, my wife occasionally wants to use the present that I bought her for Xmas, and most likely won't appreciate me telling her not to touch the tablet over night since I'm running a macro :D

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 years ago#42
sfsuphysics posted...
Out of curiosity, is there a way to get your mobile device data to Nox? Is it just a matter of linking to a facebook account (which I currently don't have) While playing on the tablet is nice, my wife occasionally wants to use the present that I bought her for Xmas, and most likely won't appreciate me telling her not to touch the tablet over night since I'm running a macro :D

Yes, though making a Facebook account is the only easy way. If you root the device you can access the data files for the game and if you toss them on whatever device you want to run it on it will effectively be moved over. That, however, is a bit of work and could potentially get you banned for hacking.

If you make a Facebook account, however, it's just as easy as tying it to your Facebook account, downloading the game in Nox, and then logging into Facebook on the title screen on the game in Nox.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#43
Ok, got it set up. Did the math and over a 24 hour period that will be 288 battles ignoring what NRG I had.

Then noticed a couple other issues, first is the daily reward for doing 3 quests, ordinarily jot an issue but if you want to sleep through midnight when the quest resets you re in trouble, then there is getting too many materials so need to make sure you have plenty of space for all those common ones that pop up

Also not sure if it is Nox making a poor emulation of the game of my Tab s2 having such a dynamic color pallet but man it looks so dull on the emulator

ellis123
3 years ago#44
sfsuphysics posted...
Ok, got it set up. Did the math and over a 24 hour period that will be 288 battles ignoring what NRG I had.

Then noticed a couple other issues, first is the daily reward for doing 3 quests, ordinarily jot an issue but if you want to sleep through midnight when the quest resets you re in trouble, then there is getting too many materials so need to make sure you have plenty of space for all those common ones that pop up

Also not sure if it is Nox making a poor emulation of the game of my Tab s2 having such a dynamic color pallet but man it looks so dull on the emulator

Probably the Tab has a higher brightness setting. That usually makes colors pop out a ton more (I literally had a "gaming monitor" a long time ago that *that* was all it did to enter "gaming mode").

And the three quests eat up a bit of stamina, but largely don't mean too much other than you having to make sure to either have your macro press through the one that you'll get for playing the Earth Shrine or being up like you mentioned.

And I'm sort of surprised that it's only 288 total stamina in a day, as that means I've been getting consistently pretty lucky with my rolls (each character should, on average, only get 2.8% if you do it the entire day exclusively... which I have not been doing). Ah well, hitting 50% on my first group. Have to decide on whether or not I should combine the two Kefkas. On one hand they basically are the vast majority of my damage + having two Ribbons could potentially be pretty nice, but on the other having two Ribbons might be a bit greedy and I could definitely get a lot of use out of grinding up some of the other TMRs I have. Decisions decisions...
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#45
24 hrs/ day x 60 mins/hr x 1 NRG / 5 min = 288 NRG / day

Have yet to see how my "luck" is going up, mostly got it going in the background during the day as I just do not have time to actively play, I get my daily done early, and if I really feel like it get some metal cactaurs (although I dunno on this), so what else am I to do when I don't have time to play? Auto-trust farming sounds like a winner.

But I am also thinking of my potential decision to make with my 3 Lunas, do I go for 1 barrage and be happy for it because I'll get it way quicker? or do I chomp at the bit and take a much longer time going for 3 barrages because I currently don't have any characters that inherently have it?

Unsure about the brightness thing though, because even when the screen is set very dim colors are still way more vibrant, I know it uses a MUCH higher resolution screen than my monitor and also think it has some dynamic color dohicky stuff like the latest iPads... oh well, I can deal with it.
(edited 3 years ago)

ellis123
3 years ago#46
sfsuphysics posted...
But I am also thinking of my potential decision to make with my 3 Lunas, do I go for 1 barrage and be happy for it because I'll get it way quicker? or do I chomp at the bit and take a much longer time going for 3 barrages because I currently don't have any characters that inherently have it?

Two Barrages. One faster to take advantage of having multiples and one slower to make sure that you don't really need any more. While it's feasible to have another character without Barrage that wants it, you will likely get a Barrage character before you'd finish all three.
My FC is in my profile.

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#47
ellis123 posted...
sfsuphysics posted...

Two Barrages. One faster to take advantage of having multiples and one slower to make sure that you don't really need any more. While it's feasible to have another character without Barrage that wants it, you will likely get a Barrage character before you'd finish all three.

And now that I drew ANOTHER Zidane, I'm thinking ... "2 dual wield" ? or 1 faster... again. I'm actually getting to a point where I need to actively think about who's trust mastery is more useful. I only have one Kefka so that's a long haul for a ribbon, but 2 Zidanes, 3 Lunas, ... yeah 2 Zs and 3 Ls it is.

ellis123
3 years ago#48
sfsuphysics posted...
ellis123 posted...
sfsuphysics posted...

And now that I drew ANOTHER Zidane, I'm thinking ... "2 dual wield" ? or 1 faster... again. I'm actually getting to a point where I need to actively think about who's trust mastery is more useful. I only have one Kefka so that's a long haul for a ribbon, but 2 Zidanes, 3 Lunas, ... yeah 2 Zs and 3 Ls it is.

100% two Dual Wields. Dual Wield is the major way to not have to whale in this game, and taking it slowly is pretty massive. Getting a native Dual Wield isn't very likely, and even a character like Chiz crushes Orlandu when she gets Dual Wield and he doesn't (the JP tier list assumes all TMRs, and Orlandu is somewhat unique in the "top dps" role as one of two characters that do not have access to Dual Wield naturally... the other being Tidus).
My FC is in my profile.

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#49
Ok my macro is ok.. don't think there's any way to stop the "too many materials" problem (honestly it'd be awesome if you could dismiss that and simply not pick up any more) other than spend lapis on more inventory and then clear it out the junk (e.g. Beast meat) on a daily basis.

Did run into a "connection refused" error which confused me since I wasn't even on a wifi connection, oh well next time I see it I need to note the placement to add a click there and hope it doesn't also click something else (like spend 100 lapis :D)

But in roughly 4 hours this after noon, I went from 0.8, 5.5, 5.3, 2.6, 2.5 to 1.4, 6.4, 6.7, 3.7, 3.5, which was an average of about 1% per 4 hours which is a bit encouraging as it's roughly twice as fast as it should naturally be increasing. I realize it's a very small sample size to use, but I'm wondering if that 10% per battle number is just based on too little data (with bad RNG). Still, if I extrapolate that's 6% a day, which would be a little over 2 weeks if I did it 24hrs a day. If I combine the Lunas, I can get a single barrage in about 4 days.

ellis123
3 years ago#50
sfsuphysics posted...
Ok my macro is ok.. don't think there's any way to stop the "too many materials" problem (honestly it'd be awesome if you could dismiss that and simply not pick up any more) other than spend lapis on more inventory and then clear it out the junk (e.g. Beast meat) on a daily basis.

Correct. You really can't do anything about that error, as it is just straight up impossible to really pin-point where the things are that you don't want to get rid of without actually being there.

sfsuphysics posted...
Did run into a "connection refused" error which confused me since I wasn't even on a wifi connection, oh well next time I see it I need to note the placement to add a click there and hope it doesn't also click something else (like spend 100 lapis :D)

If you do an extra click there just after the "Depart" screen in the bottom left of the error it should prevent that from being an issue. It should click on the "No" dialog for the Lapis refresh, and won't really interact with anything else otherwise.

sfsuphysics posted...
But in roughly 4 hours this after noon, I went from 0.8, 5.5, 5.3, 2.6, 2.5 to 1.4, 6.4, 6.7, 3.7, 3.5, which was an average of about 1% per 4 hours which is a bit encouraging as it's roughly twice as fast as it should naturally be increasing. I realize it's a very small sample size to use, but I'm wondering if that 10% per battle number is just based on too little data (with bad RNG). Still, if I extrapolate that's 6% a day, which would be a little over 2 weeks if I did it 24hrs a day. If I combine the Lunas, I can get a single barrage in about 4 days.

Impressive, though that is just a lucky streak. While I've begun to feel like a 10% chance to increase might be a bit low (it's beginning to feel like 12-15%) going over double what is expected is a bit extreme (and would move my "slightly good luck" into "crazy bad luck" by comparison). This is just automating out whole thing, not increasing its actual odds by any amount.
My FC is in my profile.
  • Post New Message