• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: poltt

poltt
3 years ago#31
I created a 5 min macro to do this ran it for 2 days straight only stopping it when the daily quests poped up to do them. After almost 46 hours of running earth shrine none stop I did not even break 10% on any of the 5 heroes I was using there all sitting at 7.5-9.8%. If I had to estimate running 23 hours a day would take more then 3 weeks to get all 5 heroes there TMR.
Polt - FC: 2062-9187-6318
Games are not made to show kids monsters exist. Kids know monsters exists it is to show them monsters can be killed.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: kishi809

kishi809
3 years ago#32
Sorry, what's a macro? I googled and all I see are macro/micro photos
PSN: kishi809

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 years ago#33
kishi809 posted...
Sorry, what's a macro? I googled and all I see are macro/micro photos

A macro is a set of instructions that you can set up to perform a set of tasks repeatedly. In this case people are using Nox, an Android emulator, with a macro to perform a couple of different tasks repeatedly without them having to pay attention to what's going on in the game while farming trust. Basically they're having it select to enter the stage, choose a friend, confirm to enter the stage, hit auto-battle, and then confirm item selection. Afterwards they're right where they started, in the stage select screen, and the macro starts over (after waiting a bit so stamina stays the same).

All in all it's fairly easy to set up and lets you grind up trust at times when you really couldn't (nighttime being a giant black hole for your stamina). The big thing is either finding a macro to download, or making your own macro. The first is pretty tricky, and basically relies on someone else sharing their work (surprisingly hard with this community... usually there are so many that you're spending more time finding the best one :| ), while the latter requires that you spend the time making it yourself. While the latter isn't super challenging it does require a bit of patience at the right mind set for what's going on.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

kishi809
3 years ago#34
Oh ok, thanks for the info.

I didn't even realize I was on android forum until you mentioned it. Is there one for Iphone?

ellis123
3 years ago#35
kishi809 posted...
Oh ok, thanks for the info.

I didn't even realize I was on android forum until you mentioned it. Is there one for Iphone?

The iPhone itself has some built in macro functionality, but no where close to as simple to use as it is for Nox. So while you can do it there you don't have the easier set-up that you can do with Android (literally you can just download someone else's macro file and then hit "play" once the game is started and on the stage select screen as the entirety of your set up...).
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

kishi809
3 years ago#36
Thanks. Yea I noticed I saw a lot of youtube video for android but I couldn't find any for iphone.

User Info: sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#37
are there macro apps for android? or are you forced to use NoX and play via an emulator?

ellis123
3 years ago#38
sfsuphysics posted...
are there macro apps for android? or are you forced to use NoX and play via an emulator?

Yes, there are plenty: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid&hl=en

That being said, they are not nearly as safe as using Nox. Gumi can easily tell if you're using a natural macro due to it using an onKeyPress() action on the desired location while Nox actually causes a key press at the location (the advantage of it being an emulator for the actual system). While it's legal now, if Gumi ever decided to ban users for using macros you can be certain that the non-emulator ones would be the first to go (though, there are quite a few easy ways to tell if someone is using a macro and I doubt anyone is really trying to hide those factors).
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#39
ah I see, well as long as they aren't "illegal" now might be worth a go to try just to get the TMRs that I want, although it still seems like slow going anyway you slice it.

ellis123
3 years ago#40
That is correct.

And I've tried messing around with Nox a bit. It's definitely a bit faster to grind with (unfortunately I can't do it at night... my only computer that can run it is in my room, and it gets way too hot for me to leave it on at night) but it's still definitely a grind. If you can run it during the night, though, you'll definitely cut out a lot of the grind time as that's ~7 hours that you'd normally just lose the stamina to.
My FC is in my profile.
  • Post New Message