• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Manowarrior35

Manowarrior35
1 year ago#241
Izzythewinner posted...
GrandJon posted...
And don't forget to macro

DARE i ask what that means? lol

A macro is a set of commands that a computer will repeat when you press a button. They were common in fighting games where you could program a controller that when you press a specific button it would perform a set of pre-configured commands, so you could set up a 13 hit combo in tekken or a special move in Street Fighter by using a macro.

Emulators like Nox and Memu have a macro function that allows you to record a set of presses and then repeat them as often as you want. So many of us will go to Earth Shrine and create a macro to run Earth Shrine infinitely. It takes 10,000 runs of Earth Shrine to earn a Trust Mastery Reward. Doing this manually is simply too laborious which is why we run a macro to do it for us. In some games such actions can cause a ban, it's basically running a bot to farm the game, but it's been allowed in FFBE Global.

User Info: empyrium0123

empyrium0123
1 year ago#242
After the new 3.0 version, is it still possible to macro? Is there a possibility of ban?

I didn't read the new terms of service, but I read somewhere that it could happen now.

User Info: Munchie906

Munchie906
1 year ago#243
empyrium0123 posted...
After the new 3.0 version, is it still possible to macro? Is there a possibility of ban?

I didn't read the new terms of service, but I read somewhere that it could happen now.

It could always happen
FFBE: 085401268

User Info: Kushinadahime

Kushinadahime
1 year ago#244
Neat

User Info: Skuld

Skuld
1 year ago#245
Tag

User Info: Zion_Ninja

Zion_Ninja
11 months ago#246
So I started playing the game when it just came out, finished the story and didn't touch it for a year just to return and find a ton of new stuff and people with insane stats lol. So I have to farm TMRs with macro to catch up. Here are a few advises from my perspective:

1. Summon and max out a decent team able to easily (as fast as possible) go thru LGD (Legendary) Event difficulty. Never use Rain, Lasswell, Fina, etc. cause they're just to weak for LGD - I made that mistake and wasted a lot of pots. Get a lot of 1000+ ATK or MAG friends, they will help you a lot grinding the events. You won't see many if you're below level 70 for example so level up ASAP. Exchange the loot from the events for Trust Moogles first if you're serious about TMRs!

2. Install NOX (google "how to set up FFBE macro for NOX") and dedicate some NRG and Lapis for grinding. I have saved 500 Lapis for my current run - need two 120 ATK Lightning Swords for my Loren + Heavy Sword Mastery from the Beasts of the Dark. A bit silly but that's what I want :)

3. Combine Trust Moogles from the events with the experience you gained by running Nox macro and you'll be able to get a TMR reasonably fast but only if you kick butt in the events. You'll do it even faster if have two or more duplicates of the same unit since you can fuse them together later (24+42+34=100% TMR for example). I bought all Trust Moogles from King Mog using magic flasks I obtained running "The Heart of a King" LGD and it really sped up my progress.

Other thoughts:

* Even tho it will slow down my farming I always leave my top unit in the grind team to help my friends. I have a 1k ATK Dual Wield Sephiroth in my TMR grind team to help others and besides you won't make any new friends if your leader is a base 3 star unit. Friends matter!

* Here's an idea what you need to pass LGD easily. I used this to one-shot all enemies in "The Heart of a King" and reach the Malboro with full health and full MP. It's not much but it was quite enough. All of my Espers are level 40.

1. Maritime Nichol (ATK ~150, DEF ~300, MAG ~400, SPR ~300, HP ~4500, MP ~400)
2. Sephiroth (ATK ~850, DEF ~300, SPR ~300, MAG ~250, HP ~7000, MP ~350)
3. Crowe (ATK ~150, DEF ~270, MAG ~450, SPR ~300, HP ~4500, MP ~250)
4. Loren (ATK ~700, DEF ~300, SPR ~300, HP ~7000, MP ~250)
5. Libertus (BONUS unit, ATK ~250, DEF ~400, MAG ~200, SPR ~300, HP ~6000, MP ~250)
6. A bunch of Hyoh friends and other meta units, all over 1000 ATK or MAG

Hope this helps :)

Best of luck.

User Info: SonicCyclone

SonicCyclone
11 months ago#247
Does anyone here know what is a decent macro app that can run without root access?
I am "farming" TMR through event but it takes too long..
3DS FC: 1006-1404-3376 / PSN ID: Sanyotho
Currently on Dissidia NT, Bloodborne glyph F/R/C ptggwt3q

User Info: Manowarrior35

Manowarrior35
11 months ago#248
@Zion_Ninja posted...
You'll do it even faster if have two or more duplicates of the same unit since you can fuse them together later (24+42+34=100% TMR for example). I bought all Trust Moogles from King Mog using magic flasks I obtained running "The Heart of a King" LGD and it really sped up my progress.

You only gain 5% trust when you fuse dupes together, also that's terrible math.

For instance, if you have 3 Clouds.
You give one Cloud 24% worth of trust moogles.
Second Cloud 42% worth of trust moogles.
Third Cloud 34% worth of trust moogles.

The question is:
Why didn't you just give all the trust moogles to your first Cloud?

Anyways, when you fuse dupes you gain 5% trust, and nothing more. So rather than divide up your moogles like that, you have 1 Cloud at 100% and 2 Clouds at 0%, then when you combine them (oh you can't and you shouldn't combine them anyways) IF you could combine them then that's 100% + 5% + 5% = 110%.

TM farming dupes is almost always a bad decision unless you're actually farming all of them to 100%, instead you should TM farm based on your own priorities and don't care at all about dupes.
FFBE GL: Manowarr 555,298,936
"No matter where I stand, I'm alone".
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Zion_Ninja

Zion_Ninja
10 months ago#249
Well I farming two Tontrius swords for my Loren at the moment. So I'm pushing two units to 100% and I used a few moogles to equalize their progress (guess I like to play with it lol).

On the other hand if you farm say 3 Clouds at the same time you get Cloud's TMR three times faster compared to farming a single Cloud. They only need to get to 33% and then you merge all three for 1 TMR. Of course you can merge Cloud dupes but you may decide to keep a copy or two ;)

I'm also farming Crowe's and Cor's TMRs from 0 to 100% alongside Tontrius, been adding a few moogles there too.

So it's TMR fun, you can play with it, see what works the best for you and your needs.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
10 months ago#250
Woah
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  • Post New Message