• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: malleus

malleus
1 year ago#201
i got 10% in 3 days as well... the thing is im doing nothing else in game..

User Info: NekoEspirito

NekoEspirito
1 year ago#202
Just Google ffbemacro. It has simple straight forward macros for any farming style, with or without lapis use. EZ.
FFBE Friend Code: 407-674-257
I generally show Ayaka. Also have Olive, 2B, Onion Knight, Dark Fina, Trance Terra upon request.
(message deleted)

User Info: Manowarrior35

Manowarrior35
1 year ago#204
Ugh, 10000 Earth Shrine battles? There's no other way?
Yes there are, but the level of "tediousness" varies based on circumstances. For instance if you combine characters that are the same, you get 5% trust plus whatever trust they others have. So if you have 1 Cecil with 3.5% trust, another Cecil with 1.5% trust, and 3 Cecils with 0% trust if you combine them together you will have one Cecil with 25% trust (3.5 + 1.5 + 4*5 = 25). The problem comes in how many Cecil characters you actually have, you might only have 1, in which case you're hosed and have to do 10,000 battles to get his TMR. Sometimes though you draw mulitple characters so it makes sense to use them as a group so that you can gain overall trust faster.

Gain faster? I thought you said the rate was fixed.
It is, however if you have 5 characters, each character takes a 10% chance to get an increase of 0.1%, so on average you have a 50% chance to have one of your characters will get a gain, do note this is an average chance and the RNGods will smite you for the sin of lust if you take it too much to heart! (Translation: I've had times when I've done 10 battles and didn't gain a single trust increase for anyone). Now expand this to an situation where you have just 1 duplicate character in your party, then if you want the TMR for one of them you decrease the number of battles you need to fight by more than half!
=================================================================
This is misinformation.

You ONLY gain 5% when fusing duplicate units, it does not make the process faster unless you consider that it's making the process slower at the same time for the other 4 TMR's that you are neglecting just to get that one Excalibur.

For instance if I have 5 Cecils, DKCecil, Ramza, Aileen, Fryevia and I want all of their TMR's equally, one of each.

I can run a team of 5 Cecils into the Earth Shrine for 1600 battles and then fuse them all at 16% to get Excalibur. BUT then I have 0% on Deathbringer / Brave Suit / Fryevia's Needle / Artisan. So I rushed one TMR at the expense of the others. The actual benefit of trust gained was 20% by fusing 5 Cecils. It will cost me another 10,000 NRG to gain the other TMR's at a total cost of 11,600 NRG for these 5 TMR's so it may seem that I got one TMR faster but it made the process SLOWER for the other 4 TMR's at the same time. Of course you have an empty spot so you can get a 6th TMR.

I could instead fuse all 5 Cecils together first and then bring one Cecil, DKCecil, Ramza, Aileen, Fryevia into the Earth Shrine. In 1600 battles Cecil will only be at 36% BUT the other 4 units will all be at 16%. It will take 8,000 NRG to finish Excalibur since he will be at 20% to begin with AND I will be at 80% complete on the other 4 TMR's. It takes a bit longer this way to get that Excalibur but I also made significant progress on higher priority TMR's.

Basically you can get one TMR faster at the expense of the other 4 if you wan to farm dupes of a unit and fuse them, but it only makes sense to do this if you need a specific TMR for something urgently OR if that one TMR is your highest priority item. Typically units that you have multiples of are not TMR priorities so it seldom makes sense to TM farm dupes at the same time. The amount you gain from fusing duplicate units is always 5%.

User Info: Munchie906

Munchie906
1 year ago#205
Manowarrior35 posted...
Ugh, 10000 Earth Shrine battles? There's no other way?
Yes there are, but the level of "tediousness" varies based on circumstances. For instance if you combine characters that are the same, you get 5% trust plus whatever trust they others have. So if you have 1 Cecil with 3.5% trust, another Cecil with 1.5% trust, and 3 Cecils with 0% trust if you combine them together you will have one Cecil with 25% trust (3.5 + 1.5 + 4*5 = 25). The problem comes in how many Cecil characters you actually have, you might only have 1, in which case you're hosed and have to do 10,000 battles to get his TMR. Sometimes though you draw mulitple characters so it makes sense to use them as a group so that you can gain overall trust faster.

Gain faster? I thought you said the rate was fixed.
It is, however if you have 5 characters, each character takes a 10% chance to get an increase of 0.1%, so on average you have a 50% chance to have one of your characters will get a gain, do note this is an average chance and the RNGods will smite you for the sin of lust if you take it too much to heart! (Translation: I've had times when I've done 10 battles and didn't gain a single trust increase for anyone). Now expand this to an situation where you have just 1 duplicate character in your party, then if you want the TMR for one of them you decrease the number of battles you need to fight by more than half!
=================================================================
This is misinformation.

You ONLY gain 5% when fusing duplicate units, it does not make the process faster unless you consider that it's making the process slower at the same time for the other 4 TMR's that you are neglecting just to get that one Excalibur.

For instance if I have 5 Cecils, DKCecil, Ramza, Aileen, Fryevia and I want all of their TMR's equally, one of each.

I can run a team of 5 Cecils into the Earth Shrine for 1600 battles and then fuse them all at 16% to get Excalibur. BUT then I have 0% on Deathbringer / Brave Suit / Fryevia's Needle / Artisan. So I rushed one TMR at the expense of the others. The actual benefit of trust gained was 20% by fusing 5 Cecils. It will cost me another 10,000 NRG to gain the other TMR's at a total cost of 11,600 NRG for these 5 TMR's so it may seem that I got one TMR faster but it made the process SLOWER for the other 4 TMR's at the same time. Of course you have an empty spot so you can get a 6th TMR.

I could instead fuse all 5 Cecils together first and then bring one Cecil, DKCecil, Ramza, Aileen, Fryevia into the Earth Shrine. In 1600 battles Cecil will only be at 36% BUT the other 4 units will all be at 16%. It will take 8,000 NRG to finish Excalibur since he will be at 20% to begin with AND I will be at 80% complete on the other 4 TMR's. It takes a bit longer this way to get that Excalibur but I also made significant progress on higher priority TMR's.

Basically you can get one TMR faster at the expense of the other 4 if you wan to farm dupes of a unit and fuse them, but it only makes sense to do this if you need a specific TMR for something urgently OR if that one TMR is your highest priority item. Typically units that you have multiples of are not TMR priorities so it seldom makes sense to TM farm dupes at the same time. The amount you gain from fusing duplicate units is always 5%.

I feel stupid for actually reading this but you wrote "misinformation " which caught my eye.

It's not misinformation. If you need 5 really great tmrs then yes run them seperate, but if you need 1 tmr now then run five of the units. Misinformation would be if it was wrong, this isn't wrong, it's just aimed at a different goal. If for some reason i need a random tmr for an event it would be better to run all 5 and get it in a few days than to put it in a team to get in a month
FFBE: 085401268

User Info: JI_Joe

JI_Joe
1 year ago#206
Munchie906 posted...
It's not misinformation. If you need 5 really great tmrs then yes run them seperate, but if you need 1 tmr now then run five of the units. Misinformation would be if it was wrong, this isn't wrong, it's just aimed at a different goal. If for some reason i need a random tmr for an event it would be better to run all 5 and get it in a few days than to put it in a team to get in a month

Agreed.

A better example of this would be comparing Marie's Rainbow Robe with Celes's Minerva robe.

Sure, you can wait a month, or possibly even longer, for Marie's Rainbow Robe by just having a single one of her in the party due to her rare summon pull rate a 5* base...

Or...
You can put 5 Celes's in together in a TMR party and be over with it in less than a week, and fuse additionnal Celes's on top.

Sure, Marie's TMR provides 3 additionnal resistances, and a strong Mag bonus on top. That's what a 5* TMR geta you.
While Celes, the budget version everyone has access to, can be done in no time and still provide very good elemental coverage and great Spr and Def, minus the Mag.

I did exactly that. I needed an extra armor NOW (around 9 months ago).

I pulled a Marie, but had 5+ Celes lieing around. Farmed the Celes's and now my support units have extra elemental coverage and good Spr/Def.
It paid off.

Marie is a longer project, but minus the Mag it will not provide a significant difference.
Meanwhile, I could work on more pressing TMRs.
FFBE: 253,489,890 ; Companion leader: 1000+ Atk Orlandeau
Troll rainbows, F2P... : http://imgur.com/3N33lBY
(edited 1 year ago)

Manowarrior35
1 year ago#207
JI_Joe posted...
Munchie906 posted...

Agreed.

A better example of this would be comparing Marie's Rainbow Robe with Celes's Minerva robe.

But it is MISINFORMATION

It assumes you get 1 TMR faster by doing this but doesn't mention that you are getting other TMR's slower, the slower part is what is missing. For instance you got 1 Minerva Bustier in 1-week but now it's going to take an extra week to get the other 5 TMR's that are a higher priority, it only makes sense if you NEED it and I mentioned that as well, if you NEED that Minerva Bustier ASAP then go for it, but that is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to ever happen.

The MISINFORMATION is that this assumes you get 1 TMR faster but it doesn't mention that you are at the same time slowing down the other TMR's which is why it's generally NOT a good idea to farm dupes.

If I'm working on Barbariccia / Ramza / DKCecil / Aileen / Fryevia (my current TM farming team), but I have 5 Celes... I can get these 5 units to 16% each in under 6-days OR I can get Minerva Bustier. Well hell that Minerva Bustier is faster so I got that right? Okay now I'm going to farm 5 Guys together to get Hill Digger, yet another under 6-days and now I have Hill Digger. Oh well I have 5 Cecils so another 16% on each to get Excalibur. Guess what? I even have 5 Jacks so I can get that Ignorance in under 6-days. Finally I have 5 Shantotto so that's a quick 30% Mag right? Now I have Minerva Bustier, Hill Digger, 30% Mag, Excalibur, and Ignorance and it only took 28 days. BUT I'm at 0% on Barbariccia's Spirit, Brave Suit, Deathbringer, Artisan, Fryevia's Needle...

I could have just fused 5 Cecils / Guys / Celes / Jacks / Shantotto and had all 5 of them at 20% trust and then farmed Cecil / Guy / Celes / Jack / Shantotto and in 28-days I would get all 5 of these TMR's. NO DIFFERENCE, the only real gain was 5% when fusing a dupe, but you probably think that's crazy since Barbariccia / Ramza / DKCecil / Aileen / Fryevia are my priority. So instead I'll fuse all of those common dupes to get them at 20% and farm out my higher priority units so that they would all be at 80% instead which makes more sense to me. Then if I ever get Orlandeau I'll have a Cecil that's already at 20%. Also with the amount of Trust Moogles the game provides now getting a single unit to 100% even without fusing dupes goes rather quick, so even if I want that Excalibur ASAP, I can just fuse moogles into Cecil and get it ASAP. You may even get so many of the common units to get a TMR to 100% simply by fusing (my Shantotto is at 90%, got Machine Killer just by fusing, and 20-Sided Die was at 90% before I ever farmed him out). There will also be a Friend Point even where you can summon 5% Trust Moogles of 3* base units.

It's a matter of priority, you can get one TMR faster but at the cost of getting the other TMR's slower.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Munchie906

Munchie906
1 year ago#208
Manowarrior35 posted...
JI_Joe posted...
Munchie906 posted...

Agreed.

But it is MISINFORMATION

It assumes you get 1 TMR faster by doing this but doesn't mention that you are getting other TMR's slower, the slower part is what is missing. For instance you got 1 Minerva Bustier in 1-week but now it's going to take an extra week to get the other 5 TMR's that are a higher priority, it only makes sense if you NEED it and I mentioned that as well, if you NEED that Minerva Bustier ASAP then go for it, but that is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to ever happen.

The MISINFORMATION is that this assumes you get 1 TMR faster but it doesn't mention that you are at the same time slowing down the other TMR's which is why it's generally NOT a good idea to farm dupes.

If I'm working on Barbariccia / Ramza / DKCecil / Aileen / Fryevia (my current TM farming team), but I have 5 Celes... I can get these 5 units to 16% each in under 6-days OR I can get Minerva Bustier. Well hell that Minerva Bustier is faster so I got that right? Okay now I'm going to farm 5 Guys together to get Hill Digger, yet another under 6-days and now I have Hill Digger. Oh well I have 5 Cecils so another 16% on each to get Excalibur. Guess what? I even have 5 Jacks so I can get that Ignorance in under 6-days. Finally I have 5 Shantotto so that's a quick 30% Mag right? Now I have Minerva Bustier, Hill Digger, 30% Mag, Excalibur, and Ignorance and it only took 28 days. BUT I'm at 0% on Barbariccia's Spirit, Brave Suit, Deathbringer, Artisan, Fryevia's Needle...

I could have just fused 5 Cecils / Guys / Celes / Jacks / Shantotto and had all 5 of them at 20% trust and then farmed Cecil / Guy / Celes / Jack / Shantotto and in 28-days I would get all 5 of these TMR's. NO DIFFERENCE, the only real gain was 5% when fusing a dupe, but you probably think that's crazy since Barbariccia / Ramza / DKCecil / Aileen / Fryevia are my priority. So instead I'll fuse all of those common dupes to get them at 20% and farm out my higher priority units so that they would all be at 80% instead which makes more sense to me. Then if I ever get Orlandeau I'll have a Cecil that's already at 20%. Also with the amount of Trust Moogles the game provides now getting a single unit to 100% even without fusing dupes goes rather quick, so even if I want that Excalibur ASAP, I can just fuse moogles into Cecil and get it ASAP. You may even get so many of the common units to get a TMR to 100% simply by fusing (my Shantotto is at 90%, got Machine Killer just by fusing, and 20-Sided Die was at 90% before I ever farmed him out). There will also be a Friend Point even where you can summon 5% Trust Moogles of 3* base units.

It's a matter of priority, you can get one TMR faster but at the cost of getting the other TMR's slower.

Thing you're not understanding is, if you need that one tmr now, it's faster to run five of the same unit. If I'm in dire need of an excalibur then it's faster to run 5 cecil than it is to fuse them and just run 1. Yes it leaves 4 tmrs idle but if I need the excal asap and not really the others than I want to do it that way
FFBE: 085401268

Manowarrior35
1 year ago#209
Munchie906 posted...

Thing you're not understanding is, if you need that one tmr now, it's faster to run five of the same unit. If I'm in dire need of an excalibur then it's faster to run 5 cecil than it is to fuse them and just run 1. Yes it leaves 4 tmrs idle but if I need the excal asap and not really the others than I want to do it that way

Except that I said this more than once so where is the misunderstanding? I even stated that you can get that Excalibur quickly when you pull Orlandeau by pumping Cecil up with all the Trust Moogles we get so even if you fuse all your Cecils it's not a big deal, if/when I get Orlandeau my Cecil is already at 80% and I haven't farmed him out yet. Again my point is that this guide does not explain that a player is getting 1 TMR faster at the expense of gaining the other TMR's slower, that's all I want to clarify, it's a common misconception and some people are only farming TMR's when they have 5 dupes which is a shame but it's because of bad advice like this stickied topic. For instance I just got a 3rd Rasler and I have 5 Amarants / 5 Guys (I haven't fused them in case I need that 30% HP) but I'm not going to farm Amarant or Guy since Rasler's TMR is the priority. It will take a long time to get all 3 Patriotic Recalls but I am not in need of them right now and gaining 3 Patriotic Recalls will benefit my team in the long-run MUCH more than getting HP30% and Hill Digger which are TMR's that I may not ever use. This type of logic is not explained by the OP.
Manowarrior35 posted...
Basically you can get one TMR faster at the expense of the other 4 if you want to farm dupes of a unit and fuse them, but it only makes sense to do this if you need a specific TMR for something urgently OR if that one TMR is your highest priority item. Typically units that you have multiples of are not TMR priorities so it seldom makes sense to TM farm dupes at the same time.
(edited 1 year ago)

Manowarrior35
1 year ago#210
Munchie906 posted...

I feel stupid for actually reading this but you wrote "misinformation " which caught my eye.

No wonder you feel stupid , it was probably over your head.

I stated that if you need 1 TMR now to go with dupes. It's misinformation because it makes people think that they are getting TMR's faster by doing this when in fact it only adds 5% when fusing dupes. At this point in the game we get tons of free summon tickets so getting units to 100% just from fusing is entirely possible, why farm 5 Cecils when you can just keep fusing them? Instead farm out your rare and high priority TMR's.

So for Bahamut by this logic it's faster to TM farm 5 Skaha and then 5 more Skaha in order to get Dragon Killer +. But that's not true, for these common TMR's it's clearly faster to just keep fusing dupes and farm out rare units.

Some players literally only farm TMR's when they have 5 dupes because of poor misinformation as contained in this topic. Maybe it's not entirely "misinformation" but it's partial information at best, it doesn't explain how farming 5 dupes is not really faster because it's causing your other TMR's which are likely more valuable to be idled. Better advice is to TM farm for your priority TMR's.

This should be painfully obvious. If you want to get 5 TMR's and you farm out 5 Chizuru, 5 Cecil, 5 Celes, 5 Guys, 5 Amarants, you will get all 5 TMR's in 28 days. If you instead farm out 1 Chizuru, 1 Cecil, 1 Celes, 1 Guy, 1 Amarant then in 28 days they will all be at 80%, you can fuse the dupes to get all 5 TMR's at this point, there's no increase in speed either way, it takes 28 days to get 5 TMR's. Without any dupes you can instead farm out 5 higher priority TMR's and get them all to 80% in 28 days which is what most everyone should be doing instead of farming out dupes for lower-tier TMR's.
(edited 1 year ago)
  • Post New Message