• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#11
jasonb619 posted...
Pretty good overview. On 1 hand it sounds depressing, but the longer the game goes on.. the higher chance of duplicates so if planned accordingly most can avoid 10,000 battles.

Thanks, while I have seen the questions come up a few times someone did the math on how feasible it is to get the gravity rod which made me think the math on farming trust and I couldnt just make a post about how long it would take to farm trust, what fun would there be in that

docsmail posted...
Nice! but don't have many characters with good TM beside Kain and Luna, am waiting to reach a team of 5 before starting.

Yeah, welcome to the 99% crowd not everyone pulled 3+ Kefkas. Just keep the characters in your party when doing everything else just to grab those little bits of trust here and there. In the grand scheme of things raising levels is absolutely a cake walk, raising trust is going to be one of the most tedious things to do, with farming awakening materials, materia, and hero ring components falling somewhere in between those two. So unless you are doing something that requires your absolute best characters put them on the bench and let the backups show you they can handle things and hopefull gain some trust

BelgarathGFRPG posted...
This is the weekend for TMR farming, 5x Friend Points again.

Yup! A good way of thinking of it is since you probably have 1 of every 1-2* character, 4 fights at Earth Shrine gets you 200 FP which is a pull, which you can combine and bammo 5% trust increase for 4 NRG. Just wait until after to pull since you dint want those gil snappers or metal cactaurs :)

Simonides posted...
Thanks for the write-up; nice job!

1 comment is that I would never spend my grinding cycles on FP characters - over time, we're going to get so many points and pulls that you'll be able to get their TM just from fusing alone. Better to spend the grinding cycles on premium summons that you're a lot less likely to get dupes for.

I agree and I covered it here...

" So fusing a bunch together to get the 5% increase actually becomes a little less tedious than trying to actually farm trust, while yes you can do that as well with a group of 5 Rizers and then any additional ones you get fuse into one of them, chances are you can summon them faster than you can raise their trust as these are the most common characters "

Junk characters (1-2*) are useful only for farming material because you can get them up to high trust levels relatively easily and so far a good friend can carry a team of them for now, though we are reaching the limit of that (good gear might carry them a bit further). But the "rare" junk characters (2-3*) can have some actual rewards worth farming now, a couple of the killer rewards are nice, and while yeah over a long time you will naturally max those by acquiring FPs, they are infrequent enough that they arent as easy to max as 1-2* characters

SirChunk posted...
Aeramis posted...
Sticky requested

Thanks

^this

One note tho, the main characters CAN in fact get a trust bonus chest, but not sure their rate.... I imagine it is very low as I've only gotten it once and have only heard one other player mention it.

Oh didnt know that, maybe it is something as infrequent as the game checking and "rolling" 100%, I'll be sure to change that later

User Info: thrillee

thrillee
3 years ago#12
Sticky requested. Many people will find this useful, and prevent a ton of TMR related questions.

User Info: dasboot360

dasboot360
3 years ago#13
What about using a macro? I personally haven't messed with them since Imy working on espers but how would this fit in

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#14
I'm assuming a macro for pc based emulators, or can you do this with an android phone/tablet? Silly question, I'm sure you can but never even occurred to me to even try and search for a way to do it.

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#15
Well darn it actually got pinned to the top. Does this mean this is FAQ worthy?

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 years ago#16
sfsuphysics posted...

Not really. While this topic is effective at dealing with questions regarding TM farming, TM farming isn't a major part of the game nor is it complex enough that a FAQ would really cover much more than what you posted. This is far more suited to being a sticky than a FAQ/guide unless you plan to go more in-depth in other factors.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: TheLonius500

TheLonius500
3 years ago#17
and unfortunately the story characters have zero chance to get anything

This one actually isn't true I think, I and some other people have had them give items to us after clearing a stage. No clue what their chance is though.

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#18
ellis123 posted...
sfsuphysics posted...

Not really. While this topic is effective at dealing with questions regarding TM farming, TM farming isn't a major part of the game nor is it complex enough that a FAQ would really cover much more than what you posted. This is far more suited to being a sticky than a FAQ/guide unless you plan to go more in-depth in other factors.

Ok good, because unless GF have changed, their requirements for how everything is aligned/setup can be a pain in the butt :D

sfsuphysics
3 years ago#19
TheLonius500 posted...
and unfortunately the story characters have zero chance to get anything

This one actually isn't true I think, I and some other people have had them give items to us after clearing a stage. No clue what their chance is though.

Yeah, I was told that back on page one, unfortunately I don't have the option to edit it anymore.

User Info: crunchroll

crunchroll
3 years ago#20
This actually got stickied? Well let's just hope this lessens the posts about TM farming (not that there are many). What really plagues this board is the endless string of party comp threads, and a thread addressing those I think would be more sticky-worthy.

Regardless, a solid overview of trust mastery mechanics. Certainly useful for those just starting the game.
"Anger is the last refuge of the pathetic" - Godot
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney : Trials and Tribulations
  • Post New Message