• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
1 year ago#1
But a lot of people i know have recommended or praised the anime. Read a very very short kotaku review of what happens in the SAO universe, but they didnt mention anything about last song. I know this story takes place in its own arc, seperate from the anime stories, but is there anything I should know or look up before hand? If i enjoy the game ill probably go watch the show lol

User Info: KentunVortex

KentunVortex
1 year ago#2
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...
But a lot of people i know have recommended or praised the anime. Read a very very short kotaku review of what happens in the SAO universe, but they didnt mention anything about last song. I know this story takes place in its own arc, seperate from the anime stories, but is there anything I should know or look up before hand? If i enjoy the game ill probably go watch the show lol

Bascially the game timeline takes place after Episode 13 or 14 of the anime, I can't remember, whenever Kirito beat heathcliff in the anime, since the first game starts with the game timeline the game did not clear after he beat heathcliff on Floor 75

So I definitely recommend at least watching those first 13-14 episodes of Season 1, before you jump into the games.

Lord_Sniper_IV
1 year ago#3
KentunVortex posted...
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...

Bascially the game timeline takes place after Episode 13 or 14 of the anime, I can't remember, whenever Kirito beat heathcliff in the anime, since the first game starts with the game timeline the game did not clear after he beat heathcliff on Floor 75

So I definitely recommend at least watching those first 13-14 episodes of Season 1, before you jump into the games.

Ok ty!

User Info: BLSZekken

BLSZekken
1 year ago#4
Also, and if you intend to watch the anime, dont listen to all the haters. As a SAO fanboy I am, I know people that Praise the show to much. It isnt the masterpiece some call it (at least not until season 3), but it isbt as bad as haters claim

Lord_Sniper_IV
1 year ago#5
Is the dlc necessary? And when should it be played, as post game content?

User Info: LegoLeonidas

LegoLeonidas
1 year ago#6
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...

The DLC is all post game stuff. If you make it through the base game and find you enjoyed it, the DLC is pretty much more of the same. New skills, new gear, new dungeons, new raid bosses. To be fair, it's a bit of a grind, but I've sure as hell gotten my money's worth out of it!
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull

Lord_Sniper_IV
1 year ago#7
LegoLeonidas posted...
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...

The DLC is all post game stuff. If you make it through the base game and find you enjoyed it, the DLC is pretty much more of the same. New skills, new gear, new dungeons, new raid bosses. To be fair, it's a bit of a grind, but I've sure as hell gotten my money's worth out of it!

I mean the premise seems to be your playing an mmo, so if the game plays like that then i have no issues with grinding. Although, im still missing the all character sphere grip, penance, and dark aeon trophies in ffx. Now that, is f***ing grinding.

User Info: BLSZekken

BLSZekken
1 year ago#8
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...

If you want to conclude the story, yes. The free DLC left with a massive cliffhanger.

The DLC is basically base game, but harder and arguably more entertaining. It is post game.

As far as DLC 2 goes, the DLCs have introduced a few hours of story. Apart from that, we have:

Enigma Orders, basically the grinding part of the DLC. Quests that involve tasks to get various rewards.

2 new areas. (The DLC 2 area is beautiful)

20 new Sword Skills that come from EO.

19 new weapons from EO.

9 new armors that come from EO, and 9 new boots that come from EO (actually, just three models of each, with three variations with different passives)

Skill Fusion, basically broken passives.

The DLC also relaxes a bit in the upgrading weapons/gear. You can get items that guarantee max rolls (maximum possible increase in stats) when enhancing, which makes it easier.

Then you also have TONS of other Enigma Orders to futher upgrade stuff, but that is overkill.

Some new bed scenes for the girls.

And that is pretty much it. If you liked base game, you will like the DLC. The first area from DLC 1 can be hard because if you are underleveled even trash mobs oneshot you, but it is doable. And DLC 2 is easier.

BTW, all the grind is optional. I have proced myself that I can take down DLC 2 final boss with an Anneal Blade (32 atk) in less than 10 minutes. However, side stuff requires it, since the enemies hit like a truck/have tons of HP. The only thing I consider absolutely essential when you arrive at DLC 2 is the Battle Skill named Life Conversion.

That was a little summary. When I finished the free DLC I had like 90 hours in. Now I have almost 350. I would say yes, the DLC is worth.

User Info: RemixV4

RemixV4
1 year ago#9
I would at least watch the first arc. The game will give optional flashbacks that explain what happened in the anime though, so you'll at least get a general idea.
Weeaboo: A slang term people use to insult anime fans to feel better about their tiny genitals.

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900
1 year ago#10
Watch the entire anime if you're actually interested in the series. <_<

The first game in the series (Hollow Fragment) kinda assumes you've already seen the entire anime up to now (minus the movie). It has characters and elements that were introduced later than when it takes place.
http://i.imgur.com/h8C53Ho.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WC57MrV.jpg
Come to the (un)official GameFAQs Touhou board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1110-
  • Topic Archived