This game doesnt have auto-save?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. This game doesnt have auto-save?

User Info: Branchos

Branchos
10 months ago#1
I know its a remake of a ps2 game but damn they really could have put some more effort in it
http://i.imgur.com/YEU94Ot.jpg

User Info: Simsyas

Simsyas
10 months ago#2
You can save wherever you want as opposed to only in the telephone booths; just pause the game and save.

User Info: CyricZ

CyricZ
10 months ago#3
That's correct. Actually, the entire series has only manual save, with checkpoints only on fail states.

I'm not sure whether it's how they designed the engine or if they're just looking to keep to tradition, but yeah, the entire Yakuza series is manual save only.

Branchos posted...
damn they really could have put some more effort in it

I do find it kinda funny that you're asking for "more effort" so you don't have to put in your own effort. :-P
CyricZ

User Info: HorrorSindicate

HorrorSindicate
10 months ago#4
I hate auto save. Seems like such a good way to f*** yourself with items and other s***. I prefer being the one to initiate a save.
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder

User Info: FatManRunSlow

FatManRunSlow
10 months ago#5
It only ever takes a minute or less to run to the nearest phone box, not like it's going to make you late for work or anything like that. Auto save can be unreliable you have to run around and do something the game deems worthy of saving progress for before it saves, how many times I've loaded up an auto saved game to find it hasn't saved progress since god knows when despite me doing plenty
Excessive pies and lack of exercise for I live on snacks, potatoes in packs and I feast on grease, so call the health police

User Info: Mooogleman

Mooogleman
10 months ago#6
With ps4 too if your stuck in a cutscene you can suspend the system or whatever it's called. Which is nice. I remember opening the disc tray on ps1 to force it to stop reading the disc to pause uber long cutscenes when I had to go to school or bed or something.

User Info: CyricZ

CyricZ
10 months ago#7
Mooogleman posted...
you can suspend the system or whatever it's called

"Rest Mode"
CyricZ

User Info: mid31

mid31
10 months ago#8
Yakuza 6 had it and a lot of people didn't like it. I personally think it's not necessary for this series.

User Info: Yagami1211

Yagami1211
10 months ago#9
Branchos posted...
I know its a remake of a ps2 game but damn they really could have put some more effort in it

Only Yakuza 6 have autosave. And in Kiwami you can save everywhere , except if you're in a battle.
See you on youtube as Reiji Arisu.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. This game doesnt have auto-save?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived