• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. Tips and Tricks

User Info: Seiyou_All_Star

Seiyou_All_Star
3 years ago#1
Hey, I thought I'd post some Tips and Tricks that may help people out as they play through the game. Please feel free to add your own to this topic.

1. Get the money socks as soon as you can. It's the second last choice in the first CP exchange list. The one before Infinite Dash. You're going to be needing a lot of money in this game (for buying weapons) if you want to get to 100%, so you may as well start as soon as you can with these.

2. Billiards. Play nine-ball by yourself to get the Cannon Shot and Combination Shot completion list requirements. Intentionally foul by hitting any of the balls other than the one you're supposed to be hitting close to a pocket, then line up for either a Cannon Shot or a Combination Shot with that ball and drain it (Make sure you don't hit a bank before draining the ball you're trying to sink). You're playing against yourself here, so you don't have to worry about fouling at all as it will always be your shot. Fouling is actually really useful here as it will let you put the ball wherever you want. It should only take 2-3 games max with this method to get all the billiards completion list requirements.

3. Dojima/Dragon-Style Triangle Counter. I think the move is called the "Tiger Drop." Either way, it's one of the standard Dojima/Dragon-style counter moves that have been in the game for a while now. It's the one where you counter a guy trying to hit you with triangle and you lunge in with a punch. This move absolutely chews through enemy health bars, even on the higher difficulty levels. I believe you learn it by completing the second last mission for Komaki, which requires you to get the second last map from the arena for 8000 points to do.

4. Purchase the 40,000 point knife instead of the 50,000 point item for money from the arena. They both sell for 1,000,000 yen and cost the same amount of points. It's the quickest method I know of to make money (That can be done over and over again. You can probably make a bit more money quickly with enough cheat items in the Japanese Gambling Den and its knife that sells for 2,500,000 yen for 50,000 points/chips). You need to sell weapons via the vendor in Beam in case you don't know where to sell them. Tip #1 and this one are pretty much the best two ways to accumulate funds in the game.

5. Pocket Stadium. Try and knock as many of the events out of this mini-game as soon as you can. It's really easy CP.

6. Drinking coffee in this game makes you less drunk. There's no item like Ukon or those salts or whatever they were in this game to make you less drunk, but coffee does it. So bring some Boss coffee or something along with you to the bar and drink away.

That's all I can think of for now. Please share any tips you have as I'm sure I've missed a whole load of things.

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
3 years ago#2
Pretty good tips!

I keep hearing the adventure items are better than the battle ones for Completion Points, but I stupidly spent the bulk of them buying battle items first. The armors didn't do as much as expected, but the Dragon Shirt is pretty keen because it ups experience something crazy. Besides the Dragon of Doujima style, I was fully built up in...chapter 9?
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: TypeSera

TypeSera
3 years ago#3
To build up EXP Points early in the game, get to Level 2 of Battle CP to receive the Yakuza Training Cast(?). 10 CP cost.

This of course depends on your priority.

User Info: pb409

pb409
3 years ago#4
Does the yakuza training gear and the dragon shirt raise money or exp? I have the chinese version and it says it raises money. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

ThePatrick
3 years ago#5
They give bonus XP, not money--for fighting, that is (set amounts from side missions and dining and such stay the same). The Dragon Shirt doubles it I think, so you will see a huge benefit from bosses. You'll especially see the bonus from Majima.

User Info: pb409

pb409
3 years ago#6
Ok thanks ThePatrick!

ThePatrick
3 years ago#7
Oh yeah--and now that I am fully built up and have schooled Majima countless times, I can attest thst the Dragon of Doujima Triangle reversal (toraotoshi) is ridiculously OP. It always has been, but it eats life away like crazy from boss-like characters (perhaps because of an upgrade learned from Komaki that makes Kiryuu do more damage against strong opponents?).

Figured I'd post strategies for people who can't understand Japanese for defeating the boss-like character at the end of side missions (Amon).

Strategies are fairly simple this time.

You should fight him drunk for the damage benefits and wear the Mad Dog Gloves (you'll get them in the Majima Anywhere mode).

The easiest is the Sumo Slapdown (Harite tsukushi). This is a Heat Move in the Dragon of Doujima style that requires you to lock on from a slight distance (taunting distance). That's it! It doesn't matter if the opponent is doing whatever; you can just bust it out. Basically, Amon won't be able to get in a hit if you do it right.

Get the healing item that reduces your health and go down to flashing red. Keep this (you will heal slightly when doing Heat Moves in Dragon of Doujima style). So, bring a bunch with you.

When out of Heat, switch to Rush and dash around as Amon attacks to build Heat. Then, switch to Dragon of Doujima and repeat the Harite tsukushi. He has a rather long bar, so it takes forever. Be careful after you beat him once (he gets up with a new life bar and a knife for his second and final form), because he has a wake-up attack (so dash away).

The other ways involve bringing weapons and repair kits. The best are Mr. Random, a pistol with random status effects, and the Super-Spicy Knife (Gekikara naifu). Both ate available at the weapons shop in Beam.

Mr. Random is easier because you can attack him from a distance, but you can stand next to him as he rises and keep him down with the knife's flame status effect.

Use repair kits when out and win!

You can also toraotoshi him but he sometimes backflips and throws unblockable bombs that kill you fast so it's not really advised to engage him in close combat.

User Info: Seiyou_All_Star

Seiyou_All_Star
3 years ago#8
Yeah, I don't know what does it, but it was pretty much the only move I used on bosses as soon as I figured it out. I did my playthrough on Hard and found that the heat move + stomp combo was nothing in comparison as your heat move damage gets halved against the same enemy once you've used it once on them (It looked that way on Hard to me at least).

I don't remember the Amon fight very well. Beat him first time. I wanna try out the more difficult to get weapons on him (the 5,000,000 yen ones from Ebisu-ya, the top Mahjong Ranking ones, and the Shogi one) and see how they do.

Yeah, that Sumo Slapdown move is dirty too. It's an arena clearer.

ThePatrick
3 years ago#9
Yep! The toraotoshi is ridiculous! I killed the last boss pretty quickly with it. It reminded me of beating the last boss of RgG2 in like 7 moves or so (circle reversal, Kyuukyoku no kiwami, repeat and then Triangle in the QTE). Ridiculous.

Oh--back to Amon, I should note that when I did actually beat him (he can still win if you mess up in my above strategy), I had the Payback (baigaeshi) ring on. Certainly helped because (as you mentioned) Heat Move damage is drastically decreased once you've used said Heat Move already.

ThePatrick
3 years ago#10
Also, the weapons trick won't seal the deal as he becomes immune to status effects when he gets his Heat aura near the ends of his life bars.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. Tips and Tricks
  • Topic Archived