• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Revenant Farm - Getting gear

User Info: LuftWalk

LuftWalk
1 month ago#1
Hey,

Made my way to the NG+1 (Way of The Strong) Spirit Stone Huntress mission but see no revenants here. Thought this would be a good way to farm some gear? Am I too late and not a lot of people play the game anymore? Everyone playing Nioh 2? :)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to gear myself up rather quickly? I have a +3 main weapon, but armor is lacking.
Thanks for any help

LuftWalk
1 month ago#2
For info if needed....my PSN is: Luftwalk

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 month ago#3
There's two possibilities...

Revenants may take up to 5 minutes to load in - and sometimes they don't load in that mission if you use ochoko cups to increase divine item drop rate... Which is essentially just the network lagging to load them.

Or the patch that enabled crossplay switched the revenant spawn system to the one from Nioh 2 where revenants only last for 30 minutes before disappearing. In Nioh, they last til enough people die to push them out of rotation - so revenants in that mission would literally last for months... But if they changed it to the Nioh 2 system, then all the old revenants would be gone and you would need folks to actively attempt to drop revenants when their friends need gear.

My advice would be to look at mission rewards on the easier side missions and try to get gear that way. Or fight the solo battles to get gear from a specific boss - like fighting Ii Naomasa in Kinki if you want Red Demon or fighting Honda in Tokai if you want WotE - etc.

When I get home from work, before hopping on Nioh 2, I could be talked into dropping a revenant or two - if I have the appropriate gear (I can't drop stuff i forge in DotStrong because it gets forged at level 300, but I can drop any 150's that I still have in storage - like the stuff I got from spirit stone huntress back in the day)

I can send you a message on PSN when I get home while I'm walking my dog, if you'd like. It'll be about 5 hours from now, though, if I don't accidentally fall asleep.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

LuftWalk
1 month ago#4
Hey Lupinos,

thanks so much. I'm thinking it must have changed they way they are displayed...I remember seeing a lot more revenants in my NG playthrough (Ohashi Bridge for example), but now in NG+, they are really rare...and the ones I see are cca lvl 180 with yellow and blue gear...

I wouldn't want to bother you with having to schedule a revenant drop, since I will most likely start Nioh 2 as soon as I finish the DLCs (halfway through the second one now).

To be fair, I'm dying to do the Master of the Twin Blades, but need some better gear for it still :)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Revenant Farm - Getting gear
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A