• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Nioh End Game?

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 month ago#1
Question for people that have completed Nioh. I just finished "The Demon King Revealed" and I have avoided finishing the last "Queen's Eye" mission since I'm at end game. I've been messing around with Divine weapons and gear and it seems like that's what I'll be doing in NG+. My character is currently at level 150.

Is it worth continuing to buy the DLC and continue to farm and play NG+ or should I move on to Nioh 2? I've really enjoyed the game, but wasn't sure how much more time I should continue grinding and farming.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SuperVergil

SuperVergil
1 month ago#2
tokerblue posted...
Question for people that have completed Nioh. I just finished "The Demon King Revealed" and I have avoided finishing the last "Queen's Eye" mission since I'm at end game. I've been messing around with Divine weapons and gear and it seems like that's what I'll be doing in NG+. My character is currently at level 150.

Is it worth continuing to buy the DLC and continue to farm and play NG+ or should I move on to Nioh 2? I've really enjoyed the game, but wasn't sure how much more time I should continue grinding and farming.

There are three DLC packs, if you buy them all, you'll have access to (aside from the obvious missions):

- New level cap for your character (750, while the base game should stop at 300-400);
- New difficulty levels (Way of the Demon, Way of the Wise, Way of the Nioh);
- New weapons (Odachi, Tonfa) and other equipment;
- An extra rarity type for equipment, better than divine: Ethereal;
- More Guardian Spirits;
- A mode called "Abyss", which may get repetitive, but if you want to become the strongest you can be in Nioh… there's a high chance that's where you'll want to go.

Personally speaking, I think the DLC is worth it, it adds stuff that may keep you busy for a long time.

What follows is a small spoiler for "Queen's Eye":
Once you'll complete it, you'll be able to bring along two Guardian Spirits, also, completing it doesn't "lock" you into NG+, you can switch between the various difficulties at the select region screen.
Currently busy with Nioh.
Platinum trophies: https://imgur.com/TiEZwEL
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 month ago#3
To add to what was said above:

Think of the first playthrough (ng / way of the samurai) as the action playthrough of the game. As you progress forward, the RPG part of the game starts trying to push you into it.

Ways of the samurai and strong can totally be played while ignoring the RPG mechanics. But then ways of the demon and wise are kind of like "at least do the RPG stuff to your weapon and consider trying different sets to see how they hit" and way of the Nioh is like "meh, learn it or don't. If your weapon is upgraded and tempered, you'll do ok. But tempering your armor will make you do well. But all you need is these 3 things on your weapon." Then you get to abyss and the game says "I hope you know how to do the RPG... Because if not; I'm gonna play with your ass"

So like... From the action standpoint - you've beaten the game and it's more of the same from here on out - getting the DLC will add 50% more missions and two new weapons and a new rarity and basically triple what your RPG options are - but you've got all the tools and action stuff completed and should be familiar enough with it to do well.

But from the RPG side of things - congrats, you have just beaten the tutorial. Now that you have a baseline for your stats almost built, it is time to learn how sets and set bonuses and all those things work so you can begin to learn about builds and how they affect gameplay.

You really can't keep a build in ng without a lot of effort - but now you can keep a build for a whole playthrough (but soul matching costs will force you to replace it or play with low level armor when you proceed beyond the playthrough you made it in)

Nioh 2 starts out more restrictive than Nioh was. Eventually, it becomes easier than Nioh - but the beginning of it is pretty hard since you are low on stats and mechanics aren't fully functioning and whatnot.

Nioh 2 will be less painful if you keep going in Nioh and get more familiar with the mechanics and how they work - even though the RPG stuff changes drastically between the two games in how they calculate damage and whatnot.

At least get more familiar with builds and pairing sets together and the differences between light and heavy armor and some of the more advanced combat tactics. You'll be glad you did once you switch over to Nioh 2.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

tokerblue
1 month ago#4
SuperVergil posted...
Personally speaking, I think the DLC is worth it, it adds stuff that may keep you busy for a long time.
I should have bought the DLC when it was on sale during Black Friday. Not that another $12 is going to break the bank. Too bad I was still playing Monster Hunter/Iceborne for much too long.

Lupinos posted...
But from the RPG side of things - congrats, you have just beaten the tutorial. Now that you have a baseline for your stats almost built, it is time to learn how sets and set bonuses and all those things work so you can begin to learn about builds and how they affect gameplay.
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I just started messing around with some Dual Blade builds and +1 and +2 gear. I'm going to play a little more and try and get a build I like.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

SuperVergil
1 month ago#5
tokerblue posted...
I should have bought the DLC when it was on sale during Black Friday. Not that another $12 is going to break the bank. Too bad I was still playing Monster Hunter/Iceborne for much too long.

I can relate a bit. I discovered Nioh thanks to it being "offered" as a PlayStation Plus title a couple of years ago, waited for the DLC to go on sale (something that didn't happen for at least a year, I live in Europe, Italy), so, in the end I bought the Complete Edition. That one actually got discounted a few times, but I was stubbornly waiting for the DLC.
"It's time for the clown to bow out, Arkham."
(edited 1 month ago)

tokerblue
1 month ago#6
Quick Kodama question. If I beat the game, do I need to find the Kodama all over again?
- Robert A. Heinlein

SuperVergil
1 month ago#7
tokerblue posted...
Quick Kodama question. If I beat the game, do I need to find the Kodama all over again?
No. You only need to collect them once.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 month ago#8
The kodama also helps with elixirs - since every 5 you find in a region gives you +1 free elixirs. So like - shrines normally give you 3 elixir for free and pull the rest from storage, but find all 25 kodama and the shrines refill 8 for free and only pull from storage if you have the ninjutsu passives that increase elixir capacity to 11.

One thing I probably didn't say before: get the passives for the weapons you don't use. They count for all weapons (not true in Nioh 2, but is true for Nioh). The mystic arts won't, but the passives can greatly improve your damage and ki recovery and stuff - definitely pick those up.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

tokerblue
1 month ago#9
SuperVergil posted...
No. You only need to collect them once.
Thanks. I actually tried Kodama Sense and it was a big time saver. I wish I used it earlier. Finally found all 150.

Lupinos posted...
One thing I probably didn't say before: get the passives for the weapons you don't use. They count for all weapons (not true in Nioh 2, but is true for Nioh). The mystic arts won't, but the passives can greatly improve your damage and ki recovery and stuff - definitely pick those up.
Thanks. I didn't know that since I've only been focused on Dual Blades.

I was able to get some 150(+) items before going on to NG+. Now that I'm in NG+, I'm not picking up as many 150(+) weapons as I was hoping. Guess I'll just keep my Luck up and keep going until I can find a decent place to farm. Before buying the DLC, is there a place that I should be farming or just keep killing Revenants?
- Robert A. Heinlein

SuperVergil
1 month ago#10
tokerblue posted...
Thanks. I actually tried Kodama Sense and it was a big time saver. I wish I used it earlier. Finally found all 150.
Good work! Hold onto the piece of equipment with that effect for a while, because you'll have more Kodama to collect, if you choose to buy the DLC.

tokerblue posted...
Before buying the DLC, is there a place that I should be farming or just keep killing Revenants?

Personally speaking, I advise against killing Revenants, unless you're looking for a specific piece of equipment that you later plan to upgrade+fix yourself. Not only whatever piece of equipment they have gets scaled down to the difficulty+region the "killer" player is on, but it will lose "+ value"… I'm not good at explaining myself, so, I'll try to provide an example:

I'm currently equipped with a katana, level 320 (+89), let's imagine I go and get myself killed in a mission on Way of the Strong and you come across my Revenant - if dropped, that piece will become level 150, or something around 175, I honestly don't remember if Revenants' equipment gets downscaled to the difficulty's level cap.
At any rate, the main thing to draw from this is that, generally speaking, Revenants tend to drop crap; you're much better off with loot from Yokai and chests.

EDIT:
As far as your luck with 150 (+ value) drop is concerned, if I remember correctly, they tend to drop in later regions even on Way of the Strong. Equipment with + value will become a much more common drop once you'll have the DLC and will move onto higher difficulty levels.

EDIT #2:
With regards to weapons' passives, once you'll have the DLC you'll gain access to Odachi and Tonfa. The latter has a skill named "Buoyancy", disregard its description and get it, that damage bonus applies to all weapons, not just the Tonfa. It's not a great bonus, but every bit helps.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Nioh End Game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A