• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Is any fellow European experiencing connection issues to the game's servers?

User Info: SuperVergil

SuperVergil
1 month ago#1
For the last two days, both I and my cousin have been unable to connect to Nioh's server (we can't even upload saves on the cross-save cloud storage) and I'm wondering if, perhaps, the culprit is a generalized PlayStation Network issue for other European players, too, or maybe it's just us Italians affected.
Truthfully speaking, this seems to be part of an even bigger problem: on our ends there's an issue with pretty much every PlayStation Network-related thing. Game thumbnails in the "Currently playing" tab fail to load, same goes for most avatars connected to our PSN IDs in "Settings->Profile", we can't really ask anything to our PSN friends, since most of them are Japanese, Americans, English and they're clearly not experiencing any issue.
I and my cousin rely on different Internet providers, so, I guess we can safely rule out that as culprit, for the most part.
Do you have any ideas on what we may attempt to fix the problem? Both I and my cousin tried messing with our Internet settings, but nothing has changed, the PlayStation Network status page says that everything is working correctly. Do we just need to wait it out and hope whatever issue there is gets fixed? Not only Nioh is affected, Resident Evil, Share Play,… Almost nothing works. It's annoying. It's a sad state of affairs when the only game you can fall back on for some co-op fun is Overwatch, that game works as usual because it has its own servers.
Thanks for reading.
Currently busy with Nioh.
Platinum trophies: https://imgur.com/TiEZwEL
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 month ago#2
It's actually a pretty widespread issue spanning both games. It seems like it's not an issue for PS5 or PS4pro - but it's really bad for those with a PS4 slim and a minor issue for those with a standard PS4.

Nobody really knows if it is a problem with the servers, or coding error created on accident when they patched in crossplay, but there is actually many players from all around the world that have been having issues this week.

Nioh 2 started having huge framerate drops whenever I'm online - even if I'm playing solo and am not trying to summon anyone. A tight corner or a few enemies attacking at once and my framerate gets hit HARD - then I lose my connection and get forced offline and it stops slowing down.

Hopefully Team Ninja knows about it and is working on fixing it. But yeah - it's not just you and your cousin - and it's not just Europe.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

SuperVergil
1 month ago#3
I have a small update to provide:

http://status.playstation.com/

When I created the thread, all services were stated to be working on that page, but at some point it changed to display that there may be issues with games and social aspects (platforms affected: PS Vita, PS3, PS4 and PS5).
As far as connectivity/network issues are concerned, it's a PlayStation Network issue. I admit I'm kind of ignorant, but maybe this could also be related to the framerate drops in Nioh 2?

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 month ago#4
SuperVergil posted...
As far as connectivity/network issues are concerned, it's a PlayStation Network issue. I admit I'm kind of ignorant, but maybe this could also be related to the framerate drops in Nioh 2?
It could be. It's kind of like how your phone battery drains faster in a metal/concrete building because it has to work harder to communicate with the tower.

While online, the game sends little messages and gets messages back from online. Typically it's just revenant placements and things like that - but the point is that the game and the server are talking to each other.

It works a lot better when they can hear each other clearly. When there is connectivity issues - it's kind of like the game has trouble thinking (limited processing power) because it is using some of the available memory to scream into the dark and strain its ears listening for the response that either doesn't come, or comes like a faint whisper heard through static on a radio that is nearly out of range.

As long as that part of the brain is straining to attempt to communicate - it is tied up and cannot be used for processes it otherwise would be, like graphics and framerate and loot placement and such.

But at least we know they're working on the servers and improving their performance.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

SuperVergil
1 month ago#5
Thanks for the explanation, Lupinos. It would seem the folks at Sony have yet to resolve the issues plaguing PlayStation Network, but there's a bit of good news: it would seem the first Nioh has resumed working (on PS4, at least). I can connect to the server and find other players for some co-op shenanigans.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Is any fellow European experiencing connection issues to the game's servers?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A