• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Really confused about the remastered collection?

User Info: Axel_Justice

Axel_Justice
1 month ago#1
I was going to go and preorder it last night when I realised at some point I had purchased Nioh 1 complete edition and never played it, I didn't even know I had it.

I can't find a definite answer for this but is Nioh 1 getting a PS5 patch or is the PS5 remaster a separate copy. Only info I can find is a few reddit posts from back in October which says yes and no
Gamefaqs is just 5 users and 1000's of alts

User Info: SuperVergil

SuperVergil
1 month ago#2
Last I heard from Team Ninja's official account on Twitter, Nioh 1 Complete Edition on PS4 isn't getting a PS5 patch, only Nioh 2 Complete Edition will get a free next-gen. upgrade.
That said, both games and versions will support cross-play and cross-save (meaning that those who play Nioh/Nioh 2 on PS4 will be able to play with folks owning the PS5 remasters and also keep their progress, in case they move to the next-gen. versions).
Currently busy with Nioh.
Platinum trophies: https://imgur.com/TiEZwEL
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
4 weeks ago#3
You can play the PS4 version on your PS5 (I'm pretty sure; they said most games will be backwards compatible, and I haven't got a PS5 to test if Nioh is or not) - but the free upgrade to PS5 is only for Nioh 2. For the PS5 remaster, you have to buy Nioh again (but not Nioh 2)

But there is crossplay. In fact, I just got patch 1.23 for the game - the one that enables crossplay.

But your save file will transfer - there's an added feature in both Nioh and Nioh 2 that allows you to upload/download your save to switch between PS4 and PS5.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Really confused about the remastered collection?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A