• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Are any Mystic Arts shared across all weapons?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#1
I don't recall if it was ever tested whether or not Mystic Arts from one weapon could apply to another weapon. Sword of Salvation, for instance says it extends the Timely Guard window, but doesn't mention if it requires a sword or not. It does say it requires a sword for the reduction of Ki consumption when dodging, but not specifically for the Extend Timely Guard aspect of the skill.

The main skills I'm concerned with are Sword of Salvation, Firm Resolve, Inner Light and Subtle Blade. I use Apocalypse and Shooting Star with Tonfa/Kusa, and I'm not concerned with the Spear MA's since they both clearly seem weapon-specific. But I need to know if, in particular, the ones I mentioned work with weapons outside of their tree to determine if they're worth the skill point investment or not

And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#2
Mystic arts are all weapon specific - they never apply to other weapons. The passives are universal except a few (axe/odachi/tonfa) passives that name the weapon (except buoyancy - it names tonfa but is universal) - but none of the mystic arts apply to other weapons.

This is why you'll see a lot of people say sword has the strongest final blow - they are assuming you are using the mystic art that gives you +20% damage from behind since it is clearly better than the alternative.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#3
Lupinos posted...
Mystic arts are all weapon specific - they never apply to other weapons. The passives are universal except a few (axe/odachi/tonfa) passives that name the weapon (except buoyancy - it names tonfa but is universal) - but none of the mystic arts apply to other weapons.

This is why you'll see a lot of people say sword has the strongest final blow - they are assuming you are using the mystic art that gives you +20% damage from behind since it is clearly better than the alternative.

Alright, thank you for clairfying. That's 35 skill points I don't need to use on the other five weapons then. It's not like another 8 points of Attack even matter at this point, but still, my OCD nags at me if I don't tweak everything to perfection.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Are any Mystic Arts shared across all weapons?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

What do the icons mean on the Region map? Tech Support2 Answers
Best build for doing crazy damage? Build2 Answers
How to unlock Way of the demon fast? Main Quest1 Answer
Quitting mid mission?? General2 Answers
Can't go online ? Tech Support3 Answers