• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. How much of a difference does the 50% elemental damage from 7p Graces make?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#1
My Red Demon Tonfa/Kusa build is obviously Fire element, using Fire Shurikens, Flame Dragon, Fire Talismans, GS Talismans (Enko), and Explosive Shot, and Tonfa Gun itself deals a large chunk of Fire damage when it goes off too.

For a build that is focused on a single element (and yes, I know this is not generally a good idea), how much does that 7p 50% boost to a specific element matter from those elemental graces? Will Tonfa Gun see a huge boost from 50% Fire Damage? Does it make a significant difference in status accumulation (I've actually noticed that raising the damage of Fire Shot via glove factors doesn't seem to increase burn accumulation)?

The build I currently run is 5p Red Demon with 6p Oyamatsumi in Ii clan (damage output and mobility of Light Armor with the durability of Heavy Armor) , but I'm experimenting with 5p Kagutsuchi and 2p Iga Ninja as an alternative, trading raw damage reduction for more utility and building on the Fire aspect (ideally, if the build has enough HP or damage reduction to survive one clean hit from anything in WotN, it's sturdy enough for me). I'm just trying to work out if, with a build that is so heavy on Fire damage, if it'd be worth it to trade out a piece of Red Demon (going down to 4p) to get 7p Kagutsuchi and absolutely maximize that Fire damage, not just from my Onmyo/Ninjutsu, but from my weapons as well - both of which have Fire Damage (Weapon) - even with Fire-immune enemies being a constant nuisance.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#2
When considering your fire damage for your weapons - it sucks. When considering the fire damage for your jutsu - it's very nice. However, since shadowround talismans no longer work for onmyo, you'll need some unlimited onmyo on your gear or you will quickly run out of jutsu.

Don't forget about your damage bonuses. For melee, you want familiarity on the melee weapon and either agility or equipment weight on ranged weapons... But for jutsu builds, you want agility on one and either lightness or weight on the other (depending on if you can hit 9.9kg or 30.1kg)
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#3
I keep a Hand Cannon in my primary ranged slot because of the Fire Damage factor. It has Agility Damage Bonus. I have A Agility with just over 200 Toughness using 4 pieces of Red Demon and a Black Fox Mask, coming in at 9.7kg.

But the thing is that, yes, this is largely a melee build, and the 5p bonus from Red Demon helps supplement that by giving more CCD against scorched enemies. Though I have 200 Dex, that's more for weapon scaling than it is for the Ninjutsu power. But it's also why I'm experimenting with 2p Iga Ninja instead of the usual 6p Oyamatsumi. I'm trying to weigh and balance the raw damage reduction of Oyamatsumi versus the extra Fire utility of Kagutsuchi (more Burn Accumulation and the DoT would be stronger too, if that matters at all), and the ability to recover my Ninjutsu via LW with 2p Iga Ninja to keep the Flame Dragons and Fire Shurikens stocked.

It feels just about even overall, the extra utility is nice, but losing the damage reduction is definitely a hard tradeoff. And some attacks have been able to one-shot me on WotN because of it, like Tachibana's Tiger Sprint.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. How much of a difference does the 50% elemental damage from 7p Graces make?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A