• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. First playthrough: too underleveled for third DLC?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#21
Lupinos posted...
If you have extraction and pleiades - why do you need 99 spirit? Is it because you don't use the shots?

Because, regardless of the guardian spirit I have equipped, I can refill my LW in 2-4 shots (one for the cooldown if I just left LW, and 2 to fill the whole gauge for most spirits, some spirits require one more)

Which means 2-3 seconds between casting LW. Like, the casting animation almost takes as long as refilling it if the enemy is still.

I would never put spirit over 55 - mostly because anything above 40 is a waste to me, but anything above 55 truly is a waste of points... I mean, except on my mage where I did take it to 99 because that was the theme of the test - maxing s*** out.

But I don't use any buffs, and I would never take spirit above 40 or body above 51 unless using a pure casting build or a spear build. Different tastes, I guess. That's why I try to remain somewhat vague with my advice - only explaining how things work and suggesting possibilities - I don't want to influence the person I'm advising with "my way is the only way" - I want them to have their own style.

Even if it would make me say "what a waste of capacity..."

The Spirit thing is debatable, but if I have the option for 99 Body I at least give it consideration, as it's a pretty decent boost in HP going from 51 to 99 or even 103. Going beyond that, unless your weapons scale with it, doesn't give you enough return IMO, but up to 99-103 the Life gains can be meaningful. As it is, my Tatenashi build uses Tonfa and Kusa, and they both scale off of Body, so that build is justified in pushing it to 200.

But you make a good point about Extraction/Pleiades. I could drop Spirit all the way down to 36, pump Body to 99, and that would allow up to 45 in Magic. But I was also under the impression that higher Spirit makes your LW last longer and perform better, I.E lose less gauge when you get hit, drain slower, etc. Do LW builds not push for 99 Spirit?
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#22
Foxhound3857 posted...
last longer and perform better, I.E lose less gauge when you get hit, drain slower, etc.
No, those are governed by the stats given from the guardian spirit. Usable time governs duration, and tenacity governs duration extension from being in critical health. Attack enhancement is now much stronger you are in LW (how much harder you hit). Might is how well you can take a hit without losing gauge. Amrita Gauge is how fast it charges, and recovery is how fast it recharges while in LW. Action is how much gauge you lose by attacking/dodging/blocking. Only thing spirit governs is how fast it charges. I mean, it might minorly affect the other stats - but those are primarily affected by guardian spirit enhancement in shrine.

Let's take Paired Raiken as an example:
Paired Raiken Stats:
Attack enhancement 22.5%
Might 1740
Usable Time 25.8
Action B-
Recovery A-
Tenacity AA-
Amrita Gage A-
Treasure Sense, vs Lightning +30
Dash Endurance +23%, Skill ki Damage 20.5%
Yokai Close Combat Damage +21%

Average/above average might means it can take a decent hit. Above average attack enhancement means it hits pretty hard. Long usable time means it lasts. B- action means it barely drains when attacking/dodging/guarding. Great amrita gauge and recovery means it recharges fast - both in and out of LW. Excellent tenacity mena's it lasts even longer when in critical health.

Some comparisons:
Genbu Stats:
Attack enhancement 7.5%
Might 3000
Usable time 20.6
Action A
Recovery B+
Tenacity C
Amrita Gage D-
Reduced dash speed -30%
Change to Defense (Magic) A
Received elemental attack damage -11.5%
No guard break (onmyo magic)
+115 Magic Power

Genbu takes ages to charge, but has excellent might (the highest of any spirit), but doesn't hit hard at all and doesn't perform well when critical. But good action and recovery means it'll last.

Hi-Nezumi Stats:
Attack enhancement 5.5%
Might 400
Usable time 21.7
Action B
Recovery A+
Tenacity C-
Amrita Gage A+
+90 magic power, vs fire +25, +21.5% CCA(crit)
Stealth for Enemies A+
Unlimited Magic +22%

Just look at that might. One hit and Hi-Nezumi is done. But - fastest recharge rate of any spirit when not in LW.

Atlas Bear Stats:
Attack enhancement 25.5%
Might 1668
Usable Time 22.0
Action C-
Recovery C
Tenacity A-
Amrita Gage C+
Increase Damage (Low ki), vs lightning +25
Shorten Recovery Time (Out of Ki)
Life Recovery (Grapple) +230
Close Combat Damage +13.5%

Long time to charge, doesn't recharge quickly, drains fast. Atlas Bear is NOT good for LW builds.

Those stats are what determines the effectiveness, and they are largely unchanged by your contribution into spirit stat.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#23
Lupinos posted...
No, those are governed by the stats given from the guardian spirit. Usable time governs duration, and tenacity governs duration extension from being in critical health. Attack enhancement is now much stronger you are in LW (how much harder you hit). Might is how well you can take a hit without losing gauge. Amrita Gauge is how fast it charges, and recovery is how fast it recharges while in LW. Action is how much gauge you lose by attacking/dodging/blocking. Only thing spirit governs is how fast it charges. I mean, it might minorly affect the other stats - but those are primarily affected by guardian spirit enhancement in shrine.

Let's take Paired Raiken as an example:
Paired Raiken Stats:
Attack enhancement 22.5%
Might 1740
Usable Time 25.8
Action B-
Recovery A-
Tenacity AA-
Amrita Gage A-
Treasure Sense, vs Lightning +30
Dash Endurance +23%, Skill ki Damage 20.5%
Yokai Close Combat Damage +21%

Average/above average might means it can take a decent hit. Above average attack enhancement means it hits pretty hard. Long usable time means it lasts. B- action means it barely drains when attacking/dodging/guarding. Great amrita gauge and recovery means it recharges fast - both in and out of LW. Excellent tenacity mena's it lasts even longer when in critical health.

Some comparisons:
Genbu Stats:
Attack enhancement 7.5%
Might 3000
Usable time 20.6
Action A
Recovery B+
Tenacity C
Amrita Gage D-
Reduced dash speed -30%
Change to Defense (Magic) A
Received elemental attack damage -11.5%
No guard break (onmyo magic)
+115 Magic Power

Genbu takes ages to charge, but has excellent might (the highest of any spirit), but doesn't hit hard at all and doesn't perform well when critical. But good action and recovery means it'll last.

Hi-Nezumi Stats:
Attack enhancement 5.5%
Might 400
Usable time 21.7
Action B
Recovery A+
Tenacity C-
Amrita Gage A+
+90 magic power, vs fire +25, +21.5% CCA(crit)
Stealth for Enemies A+
Unlimited Magic +22%

Just look at that might. One hit and Hi-Nezumi is done. But - fastest recharge rate of any spirit when not in LW.

Atlas Bear Stats:
Attack enhancement 25.5%
Might 1668
Usable Time 22.0
Action C-
Recovery C
Tenacity A-
Amrita Gage C+
Increase Damage (Low ki), vs lightning +25
Shorten Recovery Time (Out of Ki)
Life Recovery (Grapple) +230
Close Combat Damage +13.5%

Long time to charge, doesn't recharge quickly, drains fast. Atlas Bear is NOT good for LW builds.

Those stats are what determines the effectiveness, and they are largely unchanged by your contribution into spirit stat.

mmm, I guess Kato/Saoirse is fine at 36 then.

Whether I go past 51 Body depends on the build. The less defense/damage reduction the build has, the less value the extra HP has.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. First playthrough: too underleveled for third DLC?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A