• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Getting back to Nioh, got some questions :)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
8 months ago#251
WhoIsSheTho posted...
Also lup, totally unrelated, but I'm playing through the game again with my younger sister and I wanted to make literally the tankiest build possible. My plan currently is 200/200 body/stamina todo clan with 5 pc tatenashi and 6 pc earth grace (forgot's its name starts with an O gives a ton of DR at 6pcs). Warrior monk hood as the graced armor piece, or just a karakawa peice since thats on par with tate in terms of stats. Roll life on everything. Anything you can think of to make it tankier? Cuz this is gonna have like over 50% DR with over 8000 HP as is XD Build will use the axe since thats the only weapon that scales with both body and stamina (which with todo clan stamina becomes a second HP stat if I recall). Should also have 400 toughness with the warrior monk hood. Absolute tank of a build.
Weaken melee weapon on your weapon - could boost it a little higher by also pairing a fire spirit with a water spirit.

I'm sure you know about getting both RFD and READ to 100% with the 5 piece Tatenashi setup, but also make sure to have damage reduction (status ailments) on your chest piece - for those instances where you survive a hit but are now afflicted with a status.

It can be tempting to use earth element since you are using Oyamatsumi, but if the weapons are imbued with wind and have status ailment augmentation (bluster) on them - bluster also reduces enemy attack by quite a bit.

Weaken weapons and bluster can make it significantly tankier. And you have to pick which no guard break skills you want - I've seen somebody with two on their chest (I think projectiles and also nin/onmyo item hit) and critical inherited onto their helmet - but with RFD and READ and DR (status ailments); there's not many slots left for NGB.

At least you don't need one for zero ki bonus if you use zero ki bonus on your boots - although attack on boots and ki recovery speed on chest is quite the combo.

But you have to think about the timely guard bonus on gloves... Set to relieve status ailments? Set to nullify damage?

But there's really not much to add since you have already gotten Taten/Oyama and Todo with body/stamina.

But I will say; don't fret too much about making sure your weapon and stats match - sure, spear and axe would have the highest damage potential; but other weapons should still be viable (although with no body/stamina scales (single/dual swords) or only D+ body/stamina (odachi/axe/kusarigama) they will admittedly be a bit low damage in coop) you can always try to use powerpills (or carnage and steel) to make up the lack of damage and bring weakness talismans for bosses.

Should be legit.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: AnnaRiis

AnnaRiis
7 months ago#252
Hiii again ^^

The Nioh 2 DLC didn't exactly take long to complete, so now I've been playing some more of the first Nioh :) And now I have found a new Hayabusa Style Kusarigama that has Change to Attack (Magic) A+ with 0 Familiarity ^^ The other Hayabusa Style Kusarigama that I'm currently using has Change to Attack (Heart) AA with max. Familiarity.. I don't remember what it is with 0 Familiarity.. Just A? Anyway since both my Heart and Magic is at 200, I was wondering which one is the most powerful? :)

Lupinos
7 months ago#253
The A+ becomes AA-
They are about the same, but the AA is going to be a tiny bit (like maybe 20 total damage) stronger.

If the stat is at 200, they will scale the same regardless of which stat it is - so the one with the higher letter grade will be stronger.

But we're talking 0.1-0.3% stronger; it's really kind of pointless.

If it were A to AA, then it would be a whole whopping 1% or 3% or whatever... But literally talking AA- to AA: it's like saying which is heavier 28 kg or 28.001 kg.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)

AnnaRiis
7 months ago#254
Okay thank you :) Then I won't bother upgrading it, I'll just stick with my 'old' one ^^ What's the best possible to get at 0 Familiarity? AAA- or?

AnnaRiis
6 months ago#255
I just now today finally finished the abyss ^^ I can hardly believe I actually managed to do it :o I have made a video showing my 'build', so if you want, you guys can see which effects I decided to go with on my equipment :)

Thank you all of you once again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaxuNE2Bf1w

Lupinos
6 months ago#256
Congrats - I stopped a bit over a quarter of the way through abyss, it was too monotonous for me. It was too easy with some builds and too hard with others - never really found a build that made it balanced.

I'm glad to hear we were able to help you get through the whole thing. Nicely done :)

AnnaRiis
6 months ago#257
I can totally understand that :) I also wanted to quit the Abyss earlier on, because it was just so repetitive.. But I don't know, I ended up doing it anyway ^^

Thank you! ^^ I wouldn't been able to do it without your help especially :)

Lupinos
6 months ago#258
When I got passed floor 200, it got super boring and I chose to instead make extra characters. Wound up with 8 characters - all of which have made it to floor 90+ (except my ranged weapons character and barehanded character who are only somewhere around floors 40/50, respectively)

If there was a reward aside from simply higher level gear (I already do too much damage in WotN, why would I want to do more?) then I might be more inclined to finish it.

But I'm always glad to hear someone was able to make it through after some gentle nudging :)

I'm happy to help :)

User Info: JTKirkhammer

JTKirkhammer
5 months ago#259
AnnaRiis posted...
I just now today finally finished the abyss ^^ I can hardly believe I actually managed to do it :o I have made a video showing my 'build', so if you want, you guys can see which effects I decided to go with on my equipment :)

Thank you all of you once again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaxuNE2Bf1w
Just saw this. Haven't been visiting these boards much. A belated congratulations!
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Getting back to Nioh, got some questions :)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A