• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Levitation scrolls

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
2 months ago#1
How effective are Levitation scrolls?

I'm guessing they would be good against Date Masamune and in the Immortal Flame mission/abyss rooms. But what else? Do they work against stench or poison? What else can they do?
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
2 months ago#2
Their main use is for fighting Hanzo.

SGRM
2 months ago#3
Staggering from his makibishi? RFD protects from makibishi damage doesn't it

SGRM
2 months ago#4
Also, when/why would you take Catwalking over Suppa? Suppa just seems better?

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#5
I have never really used levitation scrolls. So i can't really talk on that. But yeah - if you didn't have 100% RFD they would be protective against Masamune's water pools and Joro-Gumo's slowing webs and Hanzo's makibishi and fire in a level, etc.

But as for why you would want catwalking instead of suppa - typically you use both but if i had to choose one it would likely be catwalking. It lasts longer than suppa, and suppa only turns you invisible. If you wanted to attack the enemy they hear you - in higher difficulties they will even dodge your suppa'd iai because they heard you charge it up.

With catwalking - as long as you run up to their back, you can still one-shot them. You can sprint-sneak through an entire level if you always stay behind the enemy. With suppa, there are spots you would have to walk to avoid detection and once detected it is gone and you must kill the enemy (or use smoke bomb or kodama transformation) and reapply it. Catwalking stays a lot longer and being detected does not dispell it - only time running out, standing in a pool of yokai realm for many seconds, or using quick change will dispell catwalking.

And have you tried blinding shells? Or used nurarihyon for blind enemy (saturated)? A blinded enemy can still hear you - unless you use catwalking. So; blind them, dodge backwards, strafe around behind them.

They can tell approximately where you are, but their projectiles should miss and if they are in a combo it will not track you so long as you dodged backwards before dodging to the side. Without catwalking they have half-assed tracking, but with catwalking they sometimes just attack the wall directly.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

SGRM
2 months ago#6
Lupinos posted...
And have you tried blinding shells? Or used nurarihyon for blind enemy (saturated)? A blinded enemy can still hear you - unless you use catwalking. So; blind them, dodge backwards, strafe around behind them.

I haven't really. I'm going to reroll my stats next session and I'm trying to plan out my points before I do (because **** that noise twice). Since I'm limiting myself to 33 Dex I don't have too much wiggle room so I need to weigh up the merits of things like Levitation vs Flame Dragon or Catwalking vs Suppa.

Lupinos
2 months ago#7
Ah. That would be an easy choice for me - flame dragon and catwalking.

The hard choice for me, personally, would be do i need 3 quick changes? Flame dragon or the running and evasion passives? Do i really need any scrolls aside from qc, or is that better spent as kunai, fire shuriken, qc, and sprinting/evasion passives? Do i need 11 elixir, or is 8 just fine?

With 33 dex, will you reach the 401 ninjutsu power for the extra 9.75ish% damage?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)

SGRM
2 months ago#8
33 Dex and full prestige points is enough for 401. Iirc 32 Dex is 400.

I probably could be better about it. Does the +3 elixer effect Salves as well? 8 elixer is enough, but 5 Salves might not be...

8 elixers is 13 more points, which is 2 more cannon rounds or all 3 levels of Fire Shurikens / Storm Kunai or both Catwalking AND suppa. But 5 salves will be tough, especially on a respawn when it drops to 5.

Lupinos
2 months ago#9
Does not affect salves, only elixir. Salves is about how many debuffs are active - if all 4 are active you get 3 salves, if all 4 are disabled you get 8.

Having found all kodama and not getting the +3 elixirs, you would literally never use elixirs. The shrines will top you off at 8 for free, the elixir in your storehouse would be worthless, might even want to sell them for gold - haha.

SGRM
2 months ago#10
Yes, I have 3.3k elixers in my item box. I will keep my QC, as I'm not good enough without it yet. I have only recently started playing without IGA and it was a bit of a shock to realise how much of a crutch it was. Maybe I should go Concealment over Enlightenment as a way of weaning myself off the QC teat.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Levitation scrolls
  • Topic Archived