• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Unbelievable find

User Info: D_Slayer

D_Slayer
2 months ago#21
Yeah, that would be interesting to have equipment like that in Nioh 2. Too many non-typical builds end up actually way too powerful or boring to be a real challenge.

@gozioso So, what's your take on that build shown in the video?

User Info: gozioso

gozioso
2 months ago#22
D_Slayer posted...
Yeah, that would be interesting to have equipment like that in Nioh 2. Too many non-typical builds end up actually way too powerful or boring to be a real challenge.

@gozioso So, what's your take on that build shown in the video?

It's very powerful, and I certainly respect the amount of analysis you spent into concocting this monstrosity, but it's not my play style. I am a 99 in every stat generalist, and almost all my gear sets revolve around flexibility. I like being able to substitute any weapons, depending on my mood. My damage is far less than most people, but I do just fine. I'm still loving my Izanami/Izanagi combo, though.

User Info: D_Slayer

D_Slayer
2 months ago#23
I see, thanks. It's a very defensive build with a defensive GS, a defensive Clan, but full use of all the tools and no-cheese buffs, so most proper builds are a lot more powerful. The main focus is to have the highest utility, but the Izanami version is a LOT more powerful. I would normally prefer to play in a way that has more gameplay and exchanges, but I find that the current sweet-spot is quite fun to use even if most fights are not even 1 minute long.

You can indeed play with a lot less damage than most people and still be just fine, people just don't want to learn the game when they say otherwise. I'll try to fight with the Abyss Debuffs active if I want more challenge, and then I'll see if it gets boring I'll try something else, maybe the old Mad Mosquito (also has a video on Youtube), or something more nerfed.

gozioso
2 months ago#24
Unfortunately, the player base in this game is quite awful. Co-op can be incredibly frustrating. The game allows good players to carry awful players. They get to the Abyss, and they still suck. They "finish" the Abyss, and they still suck. I can't imagine wanting to be carried in a game like this one. The tactical and build depth is off the charts. It's really an unbelievably good game in most ways.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#25
Yeah... a lot of that is about lack of understanding the build mechanics - that's why i have so many documents...

I got to abyss and - while i was fairly skilled in gameplay i knew jack-s*** about builds or how to do them. My damage sucked dirty ass and i came to the boards to figure out what to do about that (hadn't been on gamefaqs since Soul Reaver 2)... Then i learned about builds and some cheeses i had previously been aware to.

And ever since I've done my best to help others understand the build mechanics - including creating all my documents.

But the vast majority seems to youtube until they find what they think is a 1shot build and then tries to use that (even though most the time it is a normal build that isn't even optimized properly but looks like a 1shot build because it has 310+134 or higher weapons.)

Not everyone is like that, but enough are to say most. Then you'll meet the folks who really like the game but also don't understand builds and will summon a carry because they do s*** damage and can't take a hit. I think I've made builds for several people like this - met them through the ps4 coop community (an actual group of nioh players, not just from doing a lot of coop, though i did meet some that way.)

I've even helped somebody who couldn't tell the difference between me with 300+0 equipment and 310+50 equipment... i had to be like - do you prefer my damage when i wear the white hood or the red helmet? Okay, watch this time - A or B? A or B? Haha.

But i totally agree that the vast majority just want to follow a guide and have an OP build and if they can't then they want a complete and total carry. And i agree that i cannot understand why and would never want that for myself. And that it is a great game in many ways with off the charts build depth and tactical options. Completely agree.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

gozioso
2 months ago#26
My general litmus test of player stupidity is the Umi-Bozu level. If you don't light the signal fires, and the difficulty is beyond the Way of the Samurai, then you should probably uninstall the game.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#27
gozioso posted...
My general litmus test of player stupidity is the Umi-Bozu level. If you don't light the signal fires, and the difficulty is beyond the Way of the Samurai, then you should probably uninstall the game.

Haha, true enough. It would be one thing to not know collecting all hirogumo fragments will remove the leg armor on Joro-Gumo, but the torches for Umi-Bozu is a real no-brainer...
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
2 months ago#28
Lupinos posted...
gozioso posted...

Haha, true enough. It would be one thing to not know collecting all hirogumo fragments will remove the leg armor on Joro-Gumo, but the torches for Umi-Bozu is a real no-brainer...

Aaaahhhh, and THAT is why Joro-Gumo gave me so much trouble on my WotN run.
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
2 months ago#29
Lupinos posted...
gozioso posted...

Coop abyss with a debuff that has "Shorten status enhancements". This always kills me in coop. The status buffs are much shorter and I often don't realize.

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
2 months ago#30
gozioso posted...

LOL - this made me chuckle. I always groan when I see people not bother with them on Co-Op and - as you said - on higher difficulties, you might as well just jump in the water, than try to make it through Umi with his blob buddies (or rather, the Summoner is going to get wasted and there's little you can do to save him in time, in that situation - unless you are running a specific Magic / Fire build and just 'got lucky' and had it be an Umi Mission)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Unbelievable find
  • Topic Archived