• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Unbelievable find

User Info: gozioso

gozioso
2 months ago#1
I was experimenting with yet another build, and I found something great. I haven't found any topic discussing these specifics (Tmk did mention some of this stuff a year ago, though), so I figured that I would share my findings.

6(7) pieces Izanami + 3(4) pieces Izanagi

Benefits:

(1) Simply touching a Yokai field gives you really fast regeneration via Izanami...which also triggers the Izanagi attack bonus (lasts 10-15 seconds base amount-can be constantly refreshed)
(2) The Izanami "Unlimited Yokai Water-77.2%" pot enables you to generate Yokai fields on demand
(3) The Axe synergizes well with this build, since the Axe has a Mystic Art which massively increases damage in a Yokai field
(4) Synergizes well with the clan that gives Close Combat Attack (Purification), which has almost no members (I was able to get to rank 3 very easily in one day). This bonus doesn't seem to last that long, unfortunately, but it might get better the longer you are with the clan. (It lasts ~4 seconds now).
(5) Synergizes well with any Purification bonus on boots
(6-THE BIG ONE) The 7-piece Izanami bonus "Increase Attack (Enemy Defeated)-100%" is unbelievable. I figured that it would last 10-15 seconds, tops. Wrongo. I haven't actually timed it, but it lasts at least 45 seconds. You can literally explore an entire level doing double damage. It's that good. The only negative is that it won't necessarily help you against an individual boss, but it is great for Abyss coop with multiple bosses. The only kicker is that you need to be the one to actually kill the enemy. A cooperating player getting the kill will not trigger it. Still...it's great.

Have fun. I know that I am. :)

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
2 months ago#2
It's on my to-do list as well. I give my axe guy Tatenashi/Oyamatsumi.
My sword guy uses Dragon Ninja Izanagi.

I know I want:
1.7p izanagi 4p izanami for tonfa.
2.7p izanami 4p izanagi for duals.
3.7p tsukuyomi with 4p iga for kusa.
4.7p susano with 4p hiraishi for spear.
5.6p armor of the exceptional with something. Probably with 5p futsunushi for Odachi.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#3
The one down side is that; being in yokai realm pools drains your boosts at a faster rate. And aretama pools created by yokai water pot drains your boosts at 3 times the speed as pools generated normally.

So if you use the pools of aretama for healing, you quickly lose almost all of your buffs.

Like, if the boost lasts for 45 seconds, in a yokai realm pool it only lasts for 30 seconds and in a yokai water pot aretama pool it only lasts for 10 seconds.

Those numbers are not exact; just showing how it works.

So all your increase attack that you trigger lasts a few seconds and is gone when you step into aretama. Luckily quick change has a long enough duration that it is relatively unnoticeable... but say goodbye to shadowround, extraction, pleaides, increase attack, carnage, rage, summer twilight, and similar boosts...

Now for a question: with kekkai active, does it still activate a single tick of healing that pings izanagi or do nearby pools purify too quickly for that?

I did use izanami for a time, but it felt gimmicky once i learned about the boost draining effect of yokai realm pools.

But if you don't care about losing your buffs, it is a great and powerful set.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: D_Slayer

D_Slayer
2 months ago#4
I analysed and tested that build a while ago. Izanami has always been extremely underrated. Its buff is +50% Damage for 60s. Overall, you can be quite murderous with with 7p Izanami/4p Izanagi, but using Yokai Water Pot is less practical than using Kunai. So, even though it's still one of the best build in the game (you can read the whole story on the topic about the Final Perfect Build), the Build with 7p IzanaGI/4p Tatenashi is going to be a lot better, despite the large loss of damage. Check out the Vampire Overlord Build on youtube for more info on it.

7p Izanagi beats any other source of healing. Kunai is better than Yokai Water Pot (relatively slow and you have your Cannon for that, anyway). If you don't know Shadowround triples the average number you can throw for Kunai, Cannons AND Yokai Water Pot, making it really accessible all the time in the Abyss if you have 5p Izanami in your build. Axe is fun but way too slow and bothersome in comparison to Sword/Dual Swords. Stacking more damage becomes not that great quite fast for an optimized build in this game. You can beat anything by smartly emptying their Ki and doing one simple and powerful combo. Finally, Izanami 7p/Izanagi 4p is better as lightweight, but it's better to be heavyweight in the end, and 7p Izanagi/4p Tatenashi is more suited to that.

gozioso
2 months ago#5
I don't use Kekkai, so I don't know off hand. You don't need to constantly stand in a Yokai pool to benefit from this combo. You can quickly hop in, get your Izanagi attack buff, purify, get your other attack buffs, kill an enemy, get your super attack buff. Rinse and repeat. The only reason to stand in a pool for long periods is if you want a full heal or you want your axe mystic art bonus. The pros massively outweigh the cons. I can't emphasize enough how pleasantly surprised I was when using this combo.

gozioso
2 months ago#6
D_Slayer posted...
I analysed and tested that build a while ago. Izanami has always been extremely underrated. Its buff is +50% Damage for 60s. Overall, you can be quite murderous with with 7p Izanami/4p Izanagi, but using Yokai Water Pot is less practical than using Kunai. So, even though it's still one of the best build in the game (you can read the whole story on the topic about the Final Perfect Build), the Build with 7p IzanaGI/4p Tatenashi is going to be a lot better, despite the large loss of damage. Check out the Vampire Overlord Build on youtube for more info on it.

7p Izanagi beats any other source of healing. Kunai is better than Yokai Water Pot (relatively slow and you have your Cannon for that, anyway). If you don't know Shadowround triples the average number you can throw for Kunai, Cannons AND Yokai Water Pot, making it really accessible all the time in the Abyss if you have 5p Izanami in your build. Axe is fun but way too slow and bothersome in comparison to Sword/Dual Swords. Stacking more damage becomes not that great quite fast for an optimized build in this game. You can beat anything by smartly emptying their Ki and doing one simple and powerful combo. Finally, Izanami 7p/Izanagi 4p is better as lightweight, but it's better to be heavyweight in the end, and 7p Izanagi/4p Tatenashi is more suited to that.

I don't want to lose my instant ninjitsu mystic art, though. I also don't want to use a bunch of TWDx2/TWD affixes on my gear. I'm not really obsessed with stacking optimal damage, and this build does more damage than any of my others, with minimal effort. It works great for me. Your mileage may vary. Also, it does +100% damage, not +50%. I don't know where you are getting that +50% number. Please clarify. I am actually seeing double damage in game. I looked at that Vampire Build, and, holy crap, that's a lot of maintenance. Also, you would be well-advised to make a companion video explaining the build in-depth, instead of glossing over the details. Making a build video is lots of work, though, so I can't blame you if you are not interested.

Lupinos
2 months ago#7
That is why i said it was the only downside. The pros definitely do outweigh the cons.

And yokai water pots make human enemies much easier - and can break yokai horns; if you are fast enough to purify the pools, you can use yokai water pot to break yokai ki quickly O.o

You just need to land a direct hit and 1/3 of their ki is gone, then purify before the pool can begin ki regen.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)

Lupinos
2 months ago#8
gozioso posted...
I don't know where you are getting that +50% number. Please clarify.

The set bonus says "enemies defeated damage bonus +50%" and folks thought that was 50% chance but it turned out to be +50% damage.

Perhaps it stacks and that's why you see double? Because the letter grade enemies defeated damage bonus A stacks up to 15% but initially starts at... was it 5% or 3%?

gozioso posted...
I don't want to lose my instant ninjitsu mystic art, though. I also don't want to use a bunch of TWDx2/TWD affixes on my gear.

He's talking about using kunai for ki breaking purposes, not for damage. He's saying throwing kunai can break ki better than throwing yokai water pots.

D_Slayer posted...
Axe is fun but way too slow and bothersome in comparison to Sword/Dual Swords.

I still don't get why it must always be a zero-sum either/or thing. But duals are my least favorite. I just don't get why it is always a comparison of what's best when all are fun and all are viable. Which is "best" really depends on personal playstyle.

D_Slayer posted...
Finally, Izanami 7p/Izanagi 4p is better as lightweight,

Huh? Says who? It can be either.

D_Slayer posted...
Stacking more damage becomes not that great quite fast for an optimized build in this game.

Hwhat?

That's like... the opposite of what anybody anywhere says...

D_Slayer posted...
You can beat anything by smartly emptying their Ki and doing one simple and powerful combo.

If you stack more and more damage. Without stacking tons damage it would take at least 4 of those ki broken moments, even with an optimized build...

Not uh... not sure where all that was coming from.

Not everyone plays the same way... he's talking about using izanami to ping izanagi and not for healing, so 7p izanagi being better for healing is kind of irrelevant. And everything does more damage as lightweight, but i don't get why that means 7 izanami / 4 izanagi has to be lightweight. Yokai water pot can empty human boss ki in 2 tosses if done right - how is that not better than 16 kunai? It's certaintly quicker. Maybe not if you stack tons of ki damage modifiers in your build but - most people don't do that.

I feel like your whole argument against it relies heavily on your specific playstyle and preferences.

It's not really my style either, but i can see that it is a good one. An easily manageable with high average damage build whose parts synergize with each other.

I will never understand the need for a single best option when there are so many optimal options for each playstyle and each build type. But such cut and dry analysis is heavily filtered through the perceptions of the tester.

gozioso
2 months ago#9
Izanami's Grace

2PC Damage Reduction 3.2%
3PC Life Recovery (Yokai Realm)
4PC Close Combat Damage +15.2%
5PC Unlimited Yokai Water Pot 77.4%
6PC Change To Attack (Magic) A+
7PC Increase Attack (Enemy Defeated) 100.0%

Where is the 50%? Enemy Defeated != Enemies Defeated Damage Bonus. It appears as a sword buff icon. Killing a new enemy refreshes the buff duration, similar to regeneration's effect on Izanagi's attack buff.

Lupinos posted...
It's not really my style either, but i can see that it is a good one. An easily manageable with high average damage build whose parts synergize with each other.

Bingo. We have a winner.

Lupinos
2 months ago#10
gozioso posted...
Izanami's Grace

2PC Damage Reduction 3.2%
3PC Life Recovery (Yokai Realm)
4PC Close Combat Damage +15.2%
5PC Unlimited Yokai Water Pot 77.4%
6PC Change To Attack (Magic) A+
7PC Increase Attack (Enemy Defeated) 100.0%

Where is the 50%?

Oh yeah, even in my list of sets/graces it says 100%...

Lol

Well there goes that explaination ;p
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Unbelievable find
  • Topic Archived