• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Question on Reforge (RFD and Weight Reduction)

User Info: mashu

mashu
2 months ago#1
Trying to get both on all my armor pieces. I placed Weight Reduction on all my armor pieces and I'm trying to roll RFD on the Kote, Hakama and Suneate. No luck for a while now.

It occurred to me finally, while looking through my Storehouse for patterns, that RFD possibly only appears through Reforge on Kabuto and Do pieces, while Weight Reduction may appear on any armor piece.

Is my best course to redo things and place RFD on all pieces and then try to roll Weight Reduction where needed? If Reforging and rolling randomly. Weight Reduction might be a more common occurrence, but I'd be needing decent rolls to be able to equip my armor.

Also, would it be correct that I could leave things as they are and instead try to Temper RFD on the Kote, Hakama and Suneate? Obviously I'd have to farm a bunch of Umbracite, and that's probably not feasible at the moment. I can get a couple a day and I have none at the moment.

What is the best way to get this done? WotD.

User Info: D_Slayer

D_Slayer
2 months ago#2
The only way to get RFD on Gloves, Pants and Boots is to find an Inheritable RFD (preferably at its highest value) from a Helmet or a Chestpiece and then use Soulmatching to transfer the effect on the inheritable slot of the recipient equipment.

User Info: silvereyes47

silvereyes47
2 months ago#3
You can Roll/Temper Weight Reduction on all Armors(5 Pcs).

You can only Roll/Temper RFD on Helmet and Chest/Torso.

Ask @Lupinos for Nioh Reforge Table. Mine is dated.

Helm
RFD

Chest
RFD

Gloves
RFD - Inheritable

Pants
RFD - Inheritable

Legs
RFD - Inheritable

A word of advice:
If you're not Heavyweighted try to Inherit Running Speed on Helm and Chest. Roll Running Speed on your Pants and Legs. Gloves should remain with RFD - Inheritable.
"With this blow... I shall seal your fate!"

User Info: mashu

mashu
2 months ago#4
Awesome! Thanks to both of you. After a little bit I suspected RFD wasn't going to appear on Gloves, Pants and Legs. Thanks for confirming that, as well as the advice.

A new Reforge table would be fantastic.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
2 months ago#5
Mine is also dated. But there are a number of things that are specific to a certain type. RFD is head/chest only, boots are the only ones with fire damage reduction, helmet has elemental damage reduction (guarding), chest has READ, pants/boots has running speed, etc.

Gloves have a TON of uniques.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
2 months ago#6
Running speed is underrated. Even if it's super popular and recommended at all times, it's still underrated.
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.

Lupinos
2 months ago#7
SGRM posted...
Running speed is underrated. Even if it's super popular and recommended at all times, it's still underrated.

I use it on pants and boots if i have no star skills, but aside from that i don't. It can be good for folks who like to keep moving but don't want to waste ki sprinting. I used to use it more than i do (that's why switching from A agility to B was so hard for me; A agility with 3 running speeds is so much faster than B agility with 2 running speeds, lol) but I've rarely got the slots for it anymore.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
2 months ago#8
Running speed is a huge help against Maria and large yokai but makes Sasuke fight harder.

Maria and Shigezane Date(yokai) fight can totally be cheesed with 4 running speed.

User Info: silvereyes47

silvereyes47
2 months ago#9
Lupinos posted...
boots are the only ones with fire damage reduction

Wut? Fire Damage Reduction?

I've been Reforging/Tempering for a million times for ages but I never know Boots has Fire Damage Reduction Affix.

Are you sure about it?

This isn't Nioh 2. :P
"With this blow... I shall seal your fate!"

Lupinos
2 months ago#10
Totally sure. You can reduce fire damage on boots and on your bow.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Question on Reforge (RFD and Weight Reduction)
  • Topic Archived