• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Impossible to beat the guy in the Battle of Ohashi Bridge mission

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
4 months ago#1
Seriously the hell is up with that guy? He has a billion hp and hits like a truck. When you get his health down uses a potion that somehow heals 40k hp or something like that this completely undoing any damage you had inflicted on him.

By far the hardest encounter on this game (so far).

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
4 months ago#2
He becomes a lot harder as you get higher in difficulty.

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
4 months ago#3
SheenavsKilley posted...

Damn, can't imagine facing such a hard los at the higher difficulties.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
4 months ago#4
Benkei is quite the beast. But it does sound like your equipment might be a little low level.

Higher difficulties they just shorten his charge times and add tengu.

He's supposed to be the dead soul of a famous warrior and vassal of yos***sune... I'm glad they made him as tough as they did.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: silvereyes47

silvereyes47
4 months ago#5
You can push him out of the Bridge/drown him.

Use Daiba-Washi/Enko Guardian Spirit Attack for an easy win. Knock him up and do Final Blow on him.

Learn Guardian Spirit Talisman from Onmyo Tree to be able to use it. Lifeseal Talisman is also useful on Human enemy.

Benkei is actually a laughable opponent.
"With this blow... I shall seal your fate!"

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
4 months ago#6
I personally find him sweaty but manageable, of course it helps that my most recent character is a tanky axe user, so not only do I know his moveset by proxy but the hyper armor of my own axe swings let's me no sell and really get in.

At least his headgear is sweet, don't know if it's stats are fixed but I got one with a hefty toughness bonus, clingged onto it until I decided to fill out a set bonus instead.

User Info: bloody_angel1

bloody_angel1
4 months ago#7
Tip 1: Get a sword
Tip 2: Unlock tempest
Tip 3: Unlock backwave I&II
Tip 4: Parry/knockdown and stab him for massive damage
Tip 5: Win

You might not have it unlocked yet, been a while since I played. But you need 100,000 sword proficiency to be able to unlock the fight for backwave II. It makes the game so easy when fighting human enemies. I never wanted to switch from sword I loved doing those skills so much. It might not even be possible to get it at that point in the game though.

silvereyes47
4 months ago#8
bloody_angel1 posted...
Tip 1: Get a sword
Tip 2: Unlock tempest
Tip 3: Unlock backwave I&II
Tip 4: Parry/knockdown and stab him for massive damage
Tip 5: Win

You might not have it unlocked yet, been a while since I played. But you need 100,000 sword proficiency to be able to unlock the fight for backwave II. It makes the game so easy when fighting human enemies. I never wanted to switch from sword I loved doing those skills so much. It might not even be possible to get it at that point in the game though.

Wha... You recommend Backwave a.k.a the most difficult technique in Nioh to a Newbie...

Holy...

Parry is the hardest thing in Nioh. Not recommended for new player.

The easiest way to beat Benkei is to knock/push him out of the Bridge. Bait him to the edge of the Bridge and push him. Let him drown. Anyway... Doing this method will reward you nothing from his drop. You don't get his loots because he's drowned...

silvereyes47
4 months ago#9
SheenavsKilley posted...

Wrong. He becomes a joke in later difficulties because you will unlock many Cheese Mechanism at the end of Region 5.

Benkei is difficult at your current state because you're Limited to a certain degree of mechanism. Once you unlock the Mystic Art, Sloth and Weakness Talisman everything is a walk in a park.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
4 months ago#10
Backwave isn't really a parry but a timely guard. Still not easy, but ince you get the hang of it you can do it reliably.

But spamming LW is easier than that. Extraction + pleaides talismans active and using elemental shots to refill LW when it gets empty.

But really, get him to pull the axe out and circle behind him for easy bait and counter.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Impossible to beat the guy in the Battle of Ohashi Bridge mission
  • Topic Archived