You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. How strong is Ninjutsu on a Dex/Skill build?

User Info: silvereyes47

silvereyes47
4 days ago#261
AlekTrev006 posted...
Gaah ! Don't tell me you'd be crazy enough to try that out, Silver ? ;-) hehehee !

LoL No. I'm sticking with my Susano Kigetsu Tate - Kusarigama LW Spam build as main. 2nd build is Izanagi Dragon Ninja for all round purpose. 3rd will be Kunai build but I still can't maximize this Kunai build it's all thanks to RNG.

I also have Final Blow build for Marobashi Amrita, Gear and Cracked Ochoko Cup farm. Kusinadahime build to farm Droplet of Decay and Smithing Text in Abyss floor 4.

And many more... I also have Sign of the Cross and Iai build but I'm too lazy to reset my stats n skills.

My build is focus on Kusarigama and I rarely switch weapon. So unlike Fox, I only focus on Dex 200, Skill 200, Body 20.

3rd stat with C+ scaling isn't worth the trouble and I would rather increase my Magic to 90 to learn most Onmyo passives and to prolong Sloth n Weakness duration especially in Abyss.

Since I main Kusarigama n have 200 Dex, I learn all Ninjutsu passives and almost all active Ninjutsu.

In Nioh, you should choose between Ninjutsu or Onmyo to ease things up but my build can benefit from them both.
"In the Name of the Valkyrie."

silvereyes47
4 days ago#262
D_Slayer posted...
Helmets, chests and gloves have plenty of good effects to make your build better. What are you gonna put on your Tatenashi Chest? DR, RFD, READ, Set Bonus, HP+500 (rare as hell), Zero Ki Bonus(...), No Guard Break Critical, No Guard Break (Projectiles), etc? On pants and boots you could have some room, but then you need to be careful about still having enough to put Tenacity and Shorten Recovery somewhere. It's more cramped than it looks once you unlock all of the good effects. So Weight Reduction can be a sacrifice that I wouldn't consider negligible, all that extra resistance comes at a price.

I probably already shared that build, it's just a fun build for the Abyss, and is a special low level variant of my usual build. Here goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO2jqncNe5c

Oh... It's the old Mosquito build...

I thought you come with new fresh idea...

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
4 days ago#263
Foxhound3857 posted...
I will say this, Alek. I find WotSam difficult to keep using the gear I want to use without having to constantly replace it with junk. I'm literally one mission away from the final boss and I'm STILL using Raging Bull pieces that are Level 45 because I can't find replacements for this set, and I don't want to give up the damage reduction from the 4p.

Yo - if you beat kanbei and the overlord in kyushu, you can forge new ones. Typically you want to soul match it while soul matching is cheap and forge a new set when soul matching gets expensive. You should be forging level 120-150 right now, and the text is a mission reward from kanbei and the overlord. After way of the strong forging becomes kind of worthless for a while, so you should make use of it while you can right now.

Unless you need the rare materials to smith it. You can buy them in the teahouse for glory or farm them from the enemy who drops them.

Foxhound3857 posted...
So I can basically just farm a decent set of Divine gear before breaking into WotStrong, and it'll probably carry me until WotDemon then?

Yes, you can. But only because way of the samurai and strong cap at level 150 (from 150 to 150+10) but way of the demon will hit you hard and be damage sponges until you refarm it and upgrade to 175-200 and +15 to +20.

silvereyes47 posted...
I thought you come with new fresh idea...

If i ever did a low level build, i would still have it over level 200. With these stats

Body 51 heart 30 strength 20
Stamina 20 skill 20 spirit 34
Dexterity 50 magic 50 level 233

Though that's basically just my minimal baseline for my stats, haha. But it would have to be lightweight because i would need 40-55 more stamina for heavy.

But i would rather just play with no plus values than do a low level character. That makes more sense to me.

Haha... i even have a list of set combinations i would use... weird.

5 red demon 6 oyamatsumi
5 daiichi 6 takeminekata
7 takeminekata 4 one-eyed dragon
5 greater good 6 oyamatsumi
6 takemikazuchi 5 owatatsumi
7 magatsuhi/susano 4 izanagi
6 magatsuhi 4 raging bull 2 iga
5 warrior of the west 6 oyamatsumi
6 raging bull 4 oyamatsumi 2 iga

Hmm... a couple of those would be too heavy. Unless i had 60-70 stamina and 50 heart, but that would still be under level 300...

I keep the weirdest things in my notes...
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: D_Slayer

D_Slayer
4 days ago#264
Yeah, you see, i's impossible to make a new low level Abyss build, at least one that really benefits from being actually low level. Only that specific build has a new sweetspot as a lower level than 750.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
4 days ago#265
Lupinos posted...
Body 51 heart 40 strength 20
Dexterity 50 magic 50 level 243

Fixed. =)

I think the Ki you gain from pushing to 40 is worth the investment. Beyond that, I don't know.

On another note, I've tried to give the Spear a fair chance this entire playthrough, but I just don't like it. I feel like, despite the excellent range it boasts, it handles awkwardly. Movement is weird when wielding the spear, and trying to use it in High Stance leaves me wide open. If I pick the wrong moment to use Spearfall, I get clobbered. And, at least for me, the Spear doesn't perform very well against crowds.

I may have to go back to Dual Swords as my secondary. They seem to be much safer against crowds and large Yokai.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 4 days ago)

silvereyes47
4 days ago#266
Lupinos posted...
If i ever did a low level build, i would still have it over level 200. With these stats

Though that's basically just my minimal baseline for my stats, haha. But it would have to be lightweight because i would need 40-55 more stamina for heavy.

But i would rather just play with no plus values than do a low level character. That makes more sense to me.

5 red demon 6 oyamatsumi
5 daiichi 6 takeminekata

Hmm... a couple of those would be too heavy. Unless i had 60-70 stamina and 50 heart, but that would still be under level 300...

I understand having 50 Dex n Mag but why 51 Body, 30 Heart n 34 Spirit?

15 Heart should be enough. My Heart never exceed 15. I beat Abyss floor 999 with just 15 Heart.

There's no point in having 34 Spirit if you don't use 9 Tails. GS cooldown from 34 Spirit is slow not worth the spending points.

51 Body. Do you really need Life/HP? Lightweight doesn't need HP...

Foxhound3857
4 days ago#267
silvereyes47 posted...
Lupinos posted...

5 red demon 6 oyamatsumi
5 daiichi 6 takeminekata

I understand having 50 Dex n Mag but why 51 Body, 30 Heart n 34 Spirit?

15 Heart should be enough. My Heart never exceed 15. I beat Abyss floor 999 with just 15 Heart.

There's no point in having 34 Spirit if you don't use 9 Tails. GS cooldown from 34 Spirit is slow not worth the spending points.

51 Body. Do you really need Life/HP? Lightweight doesn't need HP...

51 Body is the hardcap for Poison/Paralysis resistance, I think that's why.

15 Heart is enough, but I think 40 is better. 1 Ki per point is still decent. ROI is pretty s*** after that though.

silvereyes47
4 days ago#268
Foxhound3857 posted...
I think the Ki you gain from pushing to 40 is worth the investment. Beyond that, I don't know.

Unless you main 1H Sword. There's no need to push Heart beyond 40. 15 is enough for me...

Foxhound3857
4 days ago#269
silvereyes47 posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

Unless you main 1H Sword. There's no need to push Heart beyond 40. 15 is enough for me...

If you use Duals, 99 is a good idea too.

So Tatenashi + Oyamatsumi doesn't need high Body/Life to work well, I hope. I'm very strongly considering switching over from Sword/Spear to Tonfa/Duals for WotStrong on the grounds that I don't play well with the Spear, and I've had much more success with Duals against Yokai. If nothing else, it'd be two more weapons to get titles for throughout WotStrong.

Body: 103
Heart: 100
Stamina: 38
Strength: 100
Skill: 200
Dexterity: 100
Magic: 100
Spirit: 51

Might just leave Body/Heart at 99 and take Stamina to 43 instead.
(edited 4 days ago)

silvereyes47
4 days ago#270
Foxhound3857 posted...
51 Body is the hardcap for Poison/Paralysis resistance, I think that's why.

15 Heart is enough, but I think 40 is better. 1 Ki per point is still decent. ROI is pretty s*** after that though.

Ah I see... But do you really need Poison n Paralysis resistance? Only certain enemies n stages have such enemies inflicting both status. In Abyss, no matter how high your resistance to Poison/Paralysis the Crucible Bosses can still Paralysis you in a single strike if you don't clear the Status Inflicting Plane.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. How strong is Ninjutsu on a Dex/Skill build?