• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. does anyone else have stutter issues with their control stick?

User Info: Typhlax

Typhlax
3 years ago#1
basically when i hold forward at about the 11 to 2 oclock degrees william keeps staggering and making jerky motions when dashing or walking. i basically have to run in a straight line or else he'll do the stop-start at the slightest change in motion

apparently this was an issue in the alpha but it appears im the only person experiencing it in the full game so wondering if its time to buy a new controller
PSN: Ignizoa, GT: Pyroskank, 3DS FC: 5429-7299-3623

User Info: yungmiggs

yungmiggs
3 years ago#2
Typhlax posted...
basically when i hold forward at about the 11 to 2 oclock degrees william keeps staggering and making jerky motions when dashing or walking. i basically have to run in a straight line or else he'll do the stop-start at the slightest change in motion

apparently this was an issue in the alpha but it appears im the only person experiencing it in the full game so wondering if its time to buy a new controller

new controller

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
3 years ago#3
Happens to me too, a bit inconsistent so not sure if it warrants a new controller or not (I have three >_>). Had it happen a lot more frequently last night during the 310 Lady Noh and Oda fight, pretty much the worst time it could happen for me, don't know why I was experiencing it more during that mission.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
3 years ago#4
You almost certainly require a new controller, sadly. This is an issue that effects a small minority of games. I had issues with Witcher 3 and nothing else, thought it was the game glitching before I got a new controller. I played Nioh at first with my old controller; the new one fixed the issue completely.
Check out my full 40 level SMM game in the link below
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/OmegaDyne

User Info: turtles1236

turtles1236
3 years ago#5
My controller does the same thing in a specific direction with the left stick

The top right diagonal position and the exact opposite bottom left analog position

It happens in all my games where i have to move a character and in some completly stops my character from sprinting animation

I just have to blow into that side of the controller and run around and see if it still dead angles but this usually fixes it for awhile

So for me its the controller and not the game
Blitzball Is A Sports Mini Game In FFX That's Strangely Better Than Actual Retail Sports Games.
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: F*** That After Seeing Xbox One

User Info: Typhlax

Typhlax
3 years ago#6
https://youtu.be/1lutJiiiKiU

i recorded video to show what i mean, it can get this bad if i make frequent minute adjustments

anyway this controller is two years old and the sticker on the back has been rubbed to the point of being completely faded white so a new controller is probably overdue. it doesnt happen in other games though so i wont trash it but sucks to hear its a faulty hardware issue
PSN: Ignizoa, GT: Pyroskank, 3DS FC: 5429-7299-3623

User Info: SoullessRaptor

SoullessRaptor
3 years ago#7
Honestly, you should probably scrap the old controller, simply due to the fact that the hardware is beginning to degrade.

User Info: TheJackyl

TheJackyl
3 years ago#8
I had an issue like that. I posted a video on Twitter, but when I swapped controllers I didn't have the problem anymore.

Made it impossible to run away from anything because I would stop and start so often, running was slower than walking
Ah, good old blowing. It's the answer to so many of life's problems... Stupendous.. -tabion20

User Info: thefirekeeper

thefirekeeper
3 years ago#9
Yes I have it very bad on one of my white ps4 controllers. It doesn't happen on my black controller. I use the black controller for Nioh. White controller used to be my favorite.
"I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar.
Like phosphorescent desert buttons, singing one familiar song..."

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
3 years ago#10
Yup new controller (unless you fancy opening it and seeing if its dust thats causing it)
My new style controller started doing this just last month. At first I thought it could have been bluetooth lag but it still happened connected via USB.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. does anyone else have stutter issues with their control stick?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Best build for doing crazy damage? Build2 Answers
What do the icons mean on the Region map? Tech Support2 Answers
Can't go online ? Tech Support3 Answers
How to unlock Way of the demon fast? Main Quest1 Answer
Quitting mid mission?? General2 Answers