• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Why does my character constantly jitter while running?

User Info: SpookyAlt

SpookyAlt
3 years ago#1
I don't have the day 1 patch... that I assume exists, so maybe I'm some pre-fix build. But when running, my character constantly stops, it's like as if it's starting some animation where he hits the ground from a tiny height and thus kinda immediately halts and does a thumping action. But it's kinda quick, and during running on flat ground.

I also have a problem where he doesn't dodge when I clearly press the dodge button, but that's much rarer, but still gotten me killed.

It's only a slight thing, but it's ruining the whole experience, like I can't trust my controller, or guys ability to do what I want. Please tell me it's fixed in a patch.
''Shoot me, I can't go on like this!'' - Christopher Hitchens

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#2
It's not your controller.

I don't think it's fixed in a patch yet either. I haven't seen the weird run thing happen on the newest patch yet, but I saw someone else say it was happening to them on it. I've no idea why it happens, but it seems to like, potentially involve like dead zone on the left stick changing or something. Because it's like how far you have to hold the stick in a direction to run changes to an unreasonable extent so the slightest deviation causes you to abruptly stop for a split second like you stopped running entirely.

The game also does rarely eat your inputs for no apparent reason. Can happen in a very neutral setting with nothing being done except casually jogging. No idea why but it's reminiscent of the input bug in DS1, except it doesn't perform your inputs later when you next try to block.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

SpookyAlt
3 years ago#3
Wow, I've just started playing, and am still overwhelmed with wrapping my head around everything, but you are absolutely correct Tmk. If I sprint forward while only using the right stick to move by changing the camera direction, it's entirely smooth. But if I run forward, but wiggle the stick ever so slightly left and right, I can make him stutter so much that the stamina bar doesn't even get a chance to get below 90% full because it's refilling from all the jittering.

I'm now chasing some weird fire back tortoise thing, and I'm struggling to pull of running attacks.

It's insane how intrusive this little bug is. Playing feels horrible. I'm... just... simply amazed.

User Info: DJ_0000

DJ_0000
3 years ago#4
I think it's partially a controller issue and partially an issue with how sensitive the game reads the inputs.
Eyes roll back betrayed by fate yet again
https://youtu.be/pOGlm646WAY

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
3 years ago#5
I actually have not had this problem, thankfully. I have had it happen on other games, though. Usually turned out to be a controller problem. Not saying that's what it is in this case, or that its not something that's affecting others. Just speaking from personal experience.

SpookyAlt
3 years ago#6
I can make him stutter during running about a 3 times a second. I can last five seconds without the stamina bar draining past a few pixels. There's no way this hasn't been hugely improved for you guys. This is ridiculous.

ImmortalDragonX
3 years ago#7
SpookyAlt posted...
I can make him stutter during running about a 3 times a second. I can last five seconds without the stamina bar draining past a few pixels. There's no way this hasn't been hugely improved for you guys. This is ridiculous.

Give me a few minutes, and I can show you a vid of me running around with absolutely zero problems like you're describing.

SpookyAlt
3 years ago#8
Unfortunately I can't watch videos, bad internet you see ;_;. Otherwise I'd have my own vids up... and game patches...

ImmortalDragonX
3 years ago#9
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLne8WnLD8

Edit: Didn't see this...

SpookyAlt posted...
Unfortunately I can't watch videos, bad internet you see ;_;. Otherwise I'd have my own vids up... and game patches...

Dunno what to tell ya then. All I can say is that I don't have this problem and its a damn shame you do.

User Info: demonfang178

demonfang178
3 years ago#10
I've always had this problem. I just tested it and, sure enough, it only happens I sprint and try to move the camera. Moving the camera while attacking/running is a habit I picked up from Devil May Cry 3; it's going to hard to break this.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh
  3. Why does my character constantly jitter while running?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 209 Questions (146 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A

Best build for doing crazy damage? Build2 Answers
What do the icons mean on the Region map? Tech Support2 Answers
Can't go online ? Tech Support3 Answers
How to unlock Way of the demon fast? Main Quest1 Answer
Quitting mid mission?? General2 Answers