• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Leo__87

Leo__87
10 months ago#1
So here we go again! KOF XV has me real pumped already. It is looking quite good, yet very SNK-ish, which I love!
I really hope that they make this game cross gen tho, as I'm not really interested in getting a new console right now, but I'd love to play this game right away!

I might even go back and play some KOF XIV to get into the mood, lol.

Let's go!

User Info: Proctor-X-Guru

Proctor-X-Guru
10 months ago#2
Leo__87 posted...
So here we go again! KOF XV has me real pumped already. It is looking quite good, yet very SNK-ish, which I love!
I really hope that they make this game cross gen tho, as I'm not really interested in getting a new console right now, but I'd love to play this game right away!

I might even go back and play some KOF XIV to get into the mood, lol.

Let's go!

Same! It's looking very good! I really hope it's on PS4 too. I don't have a PS5 yet. I really hope it comes to PC at the same time too with crossplay.

Leo__87
10 months ago#3
^ yeah! This game could benefit greatly from cross play. I seriously hope that is also cross gen, so we can all play together!

User Info: pizzacat83

pizzacat83
10 months ago#4
SNK hasn’t shattered my expectations of the netplay. The netplay will likely be awful, just like KoFs XII-XIV, Sam Sho (c. 2019), and SNKH, based on Oda being cagey with information about netcode.
T7: Bear, M. Raven, Julia ; VF5US: Jeffry, Eileen, Lion
KI (2013): Mira, Eagle, Sadira ; SF5: F.A.N.G, Falke, Kolin

Leo__87
10 months ago#5
pizzacat83 posted...
SNK hasn’t shattered my expectations of the netplay. The netplay will likely be awful, just like KoFs XII-XIV, Sam Sho (c. 2019), and SNKH, based on Oda being cagey with information about netcode.

I really don't know about SamSho and SNKH, but XIV's netcode has been pretty decent for me... I live in Latam and I was able to play against people in USA and Europe no problem. It is not perfect, but it was alright.
XIII's netcode is trash tho.

User Info: ericbogard

ericbogard
9 months ago#6
pizzacat83 posted...

Awful. No.

Subpar though, yeah.

XIV is about as average, netcode wise, as SFIV or GBFVS / Xrd.

Completely fine if you're in the same region. Pretty laggy if you try and play anyone above 100-150ms ping. Or worse, if you end up paired with a WiFi moron.
Nothing !
(edited 9 months ago)

Leo__87
9 months ago#7
Netcode is fine.

Proof of that is that we used to play with @Proctor-X-Guru just fine (I assume he lives in usa, I live in Latam).
One day we tried to play SFV and it was a complete teleportation fest. 100% unplayable.
KOF may have some lag, but it was completely serviceable. This netcode is severely underrated.

User Info: Proctor-X-Guru

Proctor-X-Guru
9 months ago#8
Yeah, I'm in the USA. We've had decent matches with not too much lag. SFV's netcode is unacceptable. If you're not playing with someone in the same region as you, forget about it. And even then, it can still be bad.

User Info: StealthRUSH

StealthRUSH
5 months ago#9
Just bought Steam Edition, let's play sometime
my username is bawitback https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198262076305/
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A