• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Why do people act like its a mystery as to why Asgore broke the mercy button?

User Info: Hexahedronaut

Hexahedronaut
9 months ago#1
I haven't played undertale in a long time, but i recall whenever id see people talk about his battle online, people would always be confused as to why he broke the mercy button, leading to OTHER confused people making up dumb convoluted explanations for it, like "He thinks he doesn't deserve mercy"

How was it a hard thing to understand? Literally RIGHT before getting to Asgore, there's an area where you see many monsters telling the story of Asriel and Chara dying. They end it by saying Asgore made a promise to everyone that he'd never show mercy to any human that falls into the underground (even though he wants to) because he knows that'll give everyone hope. Thats a pretty cut-and-clear explanation for why he breaks the mercy button. Why the confusion? I can only imagine its because most of the fandom was/is made up of naive children.

User Info: Raven_Cyarm

Raven_Cyarm
9 months ago#2
I'd rather be a naive child than a whiny one like TC.
Caw CAWWWWWWWW

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
9 months ago#3
Why the confusion?

We're dealing with a lot of children here. Bigger concepts confuse them so these mix-ups arise. Like Raven there, for example.

User Info: Raven_Cyarm

Raven_Cyarm
9 months ago#4
lol, swapping to your main account to try and burn me. f*** outta here.
Caw CAWWWWWWWW

Hexahedronaut
9 months ago#5
Nice to see that even 5 damn years after undertale's release, the fans are still equally as willing to start fights online over nothing. Except now they've got tinfoil hats too.

User Info: HotshotDougB

HotshotDougB
9 months ago#6
Hexahedronaut posted...
the fans are still equally as willing to start fights online over nothing.

>insults the fandom and calls them naive children
>is somehow surprised that a fight started

How can anyone be this dense? lol
Here's a sig. It's here to fill space.

Hexahedronaut
9 months ago#7
HotshotDougB posted...
>insults the fandom and calls them naive children
>is somehow surprised that a fight started

Granted, yeah it was rude for me to jump that conclusion, but i literally setup my statement so someone else would give me an alternative reason proving me wrong. Instead, the first reply further proved my assumption right by going "I am a child, here's a random insult"

You tell me, was i initially on the right track?

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
9 months ago#8
lol, swapping to your main account to try and burn me.

Believe it or not, it's possible for more than one person to take issue with such an awful response. Though you have an impressive victim complex to believe that you're so abused that people will switch to an alt to make fun of you. This happen often, hon?

but i literally setup my statement so someone else would give me an alternative reason proving me wrong.

Yes, but your first post was already aggressive and seemingly going after certain members of the fanbase (completely out of the blue, as well). I often find it strange when people come to Gamefaqs to complain about discussions they've seen from fans in other places but not here. What exactly are we supposed to say about the people who clearly aren't here and about discussions that no one here are having?

In either case, claim the statement was a test all you want but given that your first post was designed to go after people, it's silly of you to complain about a fanbase starting fights. That first post was inviting one.

But, on the other hand, given that about all of the people who responded here have hurled insults at each other and we already have accusations of people using Alts, then maybe Hex is onto something. The Undertale crowd is definitely quite sensitive, that is for sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Why do people act like its a mystery as to why Asgore broke the mercy button?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A