• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. About Chara

User Info: Intless

Intless
11 months ago#1
I haven't played the game in a while and restantes playing with my wife last week. And I can't stop thinking about how everyone cherish Chara's memory, and here comes my questionĂ¡rio: is Chara evil ONLY on the genocide route, or was actually the first human that fell evil all along?
"What was the start of all of this? When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?."
PSN: Intless93

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
11 months ago#2
(Spoilers here, obviously)

is Chara evil ONLY on the genocide route, or was actually the first human that fell evil all along?

A few things...for one, you never really get to play as Chara. Even in the Genocide route, the idea is that you're still Frisk but Chara is clearly having an influence and taking over. I think the idea is that Chara is trying to take over in EVERY run of this game...his soul likely lingers in that first flower pile. But he obviously loses out during Pacifist Runs...it's possible that any killing the player does at all is the result of Chara's influence.

And, yes, the game makes it clear that Chara was likely a bad seed all along. If you do the Genocide route, there's dialogue where Flowey mentions how Chara hated humans and may have tried to kill himself by jumping into that pit. He didn't die and was taken in by monsters instead but it's likely he was always plotting a way to get back at humanity and, in he end, wanted to combine his soul with a monster's to do it. He almost succeeds but Asrael holds his power back.

User Info: Intless

Intless
10 months ago#3
Hotel_Security posted...
(Spoilers here, obviously)

is Chara evil ONLY on the genocide route, or was actually the first human that fell evil all along?

A few things...for one, you never really get to play as Chara. Even in the Genocide route, the idea is that you're still Frisk but Chara is clearly having an influence and taking over. I think the idea is that Chara is trying to take over in EVERY run of this game...his soul likely lingers in that first flower pile. But he obviously loses out during Pacifist Runs...it's possible that any killing the player does at all is the result of Chara's influence.

And, yes, the game makes it clear that Chara was likely a bad seed all along. If you do the Genocide route, there's dialogue where Flowey mentions how Chara hated humans and may have tried to kill himself by jumping into that pit. He didn't die and was taken in by monsters instead but it's likely he was always plotting a way to get back at humanity and, in he end, wanted to combine his soul with a monster's to do it. He almost succeeds but Asrael holds his power back.
Thank you for your answer!
"What was the start of all of this? When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?."
PSN: Intless93
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. About Chara
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A