• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Just started, about endings.

User Info: Yub93

Yub93
1 month ago#1
Hi guys just started the game since it was so acclaimed. I read there are 3 endings based on what you do on your playthrough. Also I heard if you get a genocide ending before a true pacifist one you ll get a soulless pacifist ending? So should I start my first run and try to achieve the true one before getting the others? Also 1 last thing. Since to get dat one ending I should spare all the enemies = no exp and no money. Would dat be boring further in the game? Thnx
Currently playing: World of warcraft

User Info: NextGen_TB

NextGen_TB
1 month ago#2
If you care about getting all the endings, then yes, you should get the pacifist ending before the genocide ending (and then do pacifist again). The neutral ending also has a ton of variations depending on what you do in the game.

To clarify, you do get money from sparing enemies, but not EXP. No, it doesn't make the game boring. If anything, the genocide run is the most boring, tedious run.
Everything from Nothing
3DS: 2148-8632-4200 Switch: SW-6004-6476-8419

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
3 weeks ago#3
I agree. Pacifist run is where this game shines.
There are no decisions that come regret free...

User Info: Raven_Cyarm

Raven_Cyarm
3 weeks ago#4
I really wish people wouldn't read anything about the game before playing it. Being blind enhances the enjoyment so much more, especially when it defies expectations.
Caw CAWWWWWWWW
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Just started, about endings.
  • Post New Message