• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Its about time nostalgic man children were brought down a peg.

User Info: Ap0cass1n

Ap0cass1n
4 years ago#1
I am honestly so tired of all these people who overrate "classic games" and feel superior about it. They like to pretend that these games are SO much better than all modern games.

How many times has Ocarina of Time won the title of "best game ever"? How many people insist that Final Fantasy 7 is a masterpiece? To be honest, I don't really like either of those games very much. They might have been good for their time, but from a modern perspective, they don't hold up anymore. Undertale had a much stronger effect on me than either of those games.

I honestly feel like all this obsessing over classic games and refusing to take off nostalgia goggles isn't healthy. People who think like this are stifling their scope of games to enjoy and are missing out on a lot.
Hey ya'll, it's Ap0c!

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
4 years ago#2
can you all just go away please

User Info: EazzyE

EazzyE
4 years ago#3
But no one actually believes Undertale won because its the greatest game of all time, it couldn't even get best indie game at the VGA's. Undertale is a meme game and will be eventually forgotten.

User Info: DoctorClockwork

DoctorClockwork
4 years ago#4
Don't care, Liked Undertale.

User Info: King_of_Nubs

King_of_Nubs
4 years ago#5
"Undertale will be forgotten"
No.
I'm not forgetting this any time Soon.
I didn't like shovel knight this much. Or any indie game this much.
To date, the only game I've ever liked this much was Kingdom Hearts or maybe Ape Escape 3
I will lead you all to failure
- King of Nubs

User Info: lordofthenlpple

lordofthenlpple
4 years ago#6
FF7 was really cosmopolitan and sort of reflected reality well. Save for the super powers. Barret's daughter was white. And Sephiroth's dad was Asian
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
Knights of Sidonia

User Info: Link484

Link484
4 years ago#7
Personal effect is not necessarily the same as quality. Also, OoT aged remarkably well, and FF7 didn't age badly either (save for the loading times).

Personally, speaking of movies, The Hangover had a really profound effect on me. Do I like it better, than, for example, Star Wars or Schindler's list? Actually, yeah, it means more to me.

Does that mean it's better, or deserves to win? Probably not.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Szabu991

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
4 years ago#8
You're not helping anything, TC.
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense.
http://i.imgur.com/4p4wGOs.png

User Info: DAI MAJIN

DAI MAJIN
4 years ago#9
Expected a topic about killing Asgore </3

User Info: Berzerker777

Berzerker777
4 years ago#10
EazzyE posted...
But no one actually believes Undertale won because its the greatest game of all time, it couldn't even get best indie game at the VGA's. Undertale is a meme game and will be eventually forgotten.

Only time will tell if this game gets remembered, but I'll remember the FlameFaqs Undertale war of 2015 for many years to come. The salt levels were almost lethal, and I loved it.
GT: H3ro777
COME TO THE SNARK SNIDE.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Its about time nostalgic man children were brought down a peg.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A