• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Undertale is EVERYTHING wrong with gaming today...

User Info: ThreePencils

ThreePencils
4 years ago#1
You preach about how great Undertale is, but if someone else does the same for SM64 or Pokemon, then they're "blinded by nostalgia."

Everything you like about Undertale, you like because it gives you feelings of nostalgia, yet you attack people for being nostalgic for something else. You are hypocrites.

If someone is upset about Undertale cheating, then they're "salty" or they're "taking the poll way too seriously."

WHY then, are YOU (Undertale fans) taking this so seriously, to the point that you need to cheat? Why is it okay for YOU to take it seriously, but not someone who likes a superior game?

You say you don't want to see OoT or FF7 win again, so you should vote for Undertale. WHY then are YOU taking the poll seriously, if you poke fun at others for doing the same? You say OoT and FF7 are overrated and aged bad, when Undertale looks like an NES game by design.

You say if someone doesn't like Undertale, then they should play it before judging. YOU have likely not played any of the games Undertale has "beaten," so why don't YOU play THEM before judging?

I just don't understand you people.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
4 years ago#2
ThreePencils posted...
you should be used to that feeling though, it seems like you don't understand a lot of things
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: King-Asgore

King-Asgore
4 years ago#3
I literally don't care about whether the game wins or loses, only thing that bothers me is the swarm posting these topics daily.

I just go, and vote for the game i like.

Whats wrong with that?

Ironically, i HAVE played all of the games UT went against (Sans SMW, not a Mario fan) and even voted against UT when it was against fallout, so.... Lol
I already crossed out mercy, i have given you no choice.
I really hope you can see.. That in this I find no joy.

User Info: OverlordOutpost

OverlordOutpost
4 years ago#4
Popularity contest won by game that is popular!

Gamers outraged!

User Info: NextGen_TB

NextGen_TB
4 years ago#5
I was going to make a post completely defeating your lousy arguments like I've done so many times with you people before, but really, you don't have a leg to stand on. Undertale is winning because people are voting for it and there's just nothing you can do about it. Quit whining so much and just accept it because I'm getting annoyed dealing with people like you on this board.
3DS FC: 2148-8632-4200 Wii U NNID: UltraTB
"...I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
(message deleted)

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
4 years ago#7
ThreePencils posted...
Everything you like about Undertale, you like because it gives you feelings of nostalgia

Oh, yeah, I remember that part in that game I've played before where I felt half the emotions I did when playing Undertale.

Sit on a pineapple.
I could go for some cheesecake.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
4 years ago#8
ThreePencils posted...
You preach about how great Undertale is, but if someone else does the same for SM64 or Pokemon, then they're "blinded by nostalgia."

Everything you like about Undertale, you like because it gives you feelings of nostalgia, yet you attack people for being nostalgic for something else. You are hypocrites.

If someone is upset about Undertale cheating, then they're "salty" or they're "taking the poll way too seriously."

WHY then, are YOU (Undertale fans) taking this so seriously, to the point that you need to cheat? Why is it okay for YOU to take it seriously, but not someone who likes a superior game?

You say you don't want to see OoT or FF7 win again, so you should vote for Undertale. WHY then are YOU taking the poll seriously, if you poke fun at others for doing the same? You say OoT and FF7 are overrated and aged bad, when Undertale looks like an NES game by design.

You say if someone doesn't like Undertale, then they should play it before judging. YOU have likely not played any of the games Undertale has "beaten," so why don't YOU play THEM before judging?

TC, you can easily check My Games list. Also, don't put words into my (or anyone else) mouth, because I heavily disagree with a lot of what you just said.

Also, I haven't voted for a single game in this contest.

Lastly, I'm sure most current gen AAA games is what's wrong with gaming today:
* In game DLC that should have been in the game to begin with.
* Season passes
* Microtransactions in games
* etc

Yea, I could go on but I don't quite feel like taking this topic all that seriously. Similar to how I don't take this contest all that seriously. Take that for what you will...
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense.

User Info: Raven_Cyarm

Raven_Cyarm
4 years ago#9
Board User Level13: Provisional
New account with less than 3 Karma. Can create 4 topics, 40 messages per day (15 per hour).

Unless you're going to post with your real account like a big boy, and not hide behind an alt... then shoo.
The acronym "smh" and all of it's variants have never been used in any statement or opinion of any degree of actual intelligence.

User Info: Da_doppen

Da_doppen
4 years ago#10
Welp, this seems accurate so far:

Da_doppen posted...
Yno posted...
I haven't played it yet, but will probably try the demo this weekend. That said I don't understand the severe hate it has garnered on here, I can understand some mild annoyance with an upstart doing well on this meaningless best game poll, but geez.

Seems it goes like this for a lot of people:
1: People see this game they never heard of beat their favorite game.
2: They come here to find out what it is.
3: Once they think they know how what the game's like (But really don't), they flip out and start blindly talking s*** on it. Or they do know by trying it, don't like it, and just spew hate anyway because they don't get why other people like it or because "my favorite game is better, this sucks, it shoudn't have won!"
4: When they get bombarded by fans they tell themselves that the community is toxic and that they now hate it and the game.

I'll adress your post seriously though:

-SM64 and Gen1 really have not aged well. Not accepting this is being "blinded by nostalgia", yes. But the reason people say that stuff is because people say they're automatically superior to UT because of their legacy, how innovative it was 20 years ago, or some other BS reason that doesn't really affect how good the game is today.

-Apparently you have no idea why people like Undertale, because nostalgia is not one of the reason, at least not for most people. I can see nostalgia as a partial reason if you really like Earthbound, but I never played EB. I'm sure a lot of people who like UT never played or maybe even heard of EB.

-If they make a big deal out of it, they're being salty, yes. I don't condone all the taunting being made, but it's understandable since it's usually the result of people coming here complaining about it.

-Nobody's cheating. Rallying is in accordance with the rules. People do it because it's a new game that they think deserves recognition. Games like SM64 or RBY doesn't need the exposure, UT does. People aren't doing this to win the contest, they're doing it to bring the community together and spread the word about the game (At least, that's the impression I've gotten). If UT loses, I doubt you'll see the winner's board flowing with salt in the same way this board has.

-Who's saying that? Maybe some of the board 8ers, but not the UT people. "Aged bad" is not related to graphics, it's related to game mechanics. And yes, those games are particularly overated in this contest. Nobody's saying Undertale is a beautiful-looking game. The graphics serve their purpose, they're not meant to look great (there are some nice scenery at times for that purpose though).

-Undertale is the kind of game you need to experience to appreciate, that's why people say that. It's easy to misjudge it if you only take a quick look at it, like you're doing now. And I assure you, people have played those games. Personally I've played all of the games UT has beaten except Fallout 3, which I've at least watched for a few hours of (I even voted for Mass Effect 3).
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
For SFIV combos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
  1. Boards
  2. Undertale
  3. Undertale is EVERYTHING wrong with gaming today...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A