• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. how many friends do you have..

User Info: GidoDaHitman

GidoDaHitman
1 month ago#1
..in this game that are also irl?

I had a group of friends that I knew but I dont play with them physically anymore besides remote raids because well I fell out with them for reasons.

My main consistent "friends" are strangers instantly grabbed from Pokeraids. But they are practically only good for 1 time raid usages and after that..I delete them.

So I was just curious do you actually have friends that play this with you? If so how many? Do you defend gyms together? What is it that you all do?

I personally would like to have a consistent group of real life friends that's near me but to find people that actually still play this is really the hard part..

User Info: CChrono

CChrono
1 month ago#2
Really good friends that we raid and do gyms together = total of 2
Local peeps I occasionally raid with = 30?

I keep the Pokeraid friends for long distance 7K eggs to try to complete the long distance trade platinum medal. I picked up one from Mexico, Taiwan and California. I think the guy from Poland and France deleted me but that's ok. It's their choice.

User Info: PhilyPhanatic

PhilyPhanatic
1 month ago#3
GidoDaHitman posted...

So I was just curious do you actually have friends that play this with you?
Nope, I'm the Lone Ranger (if he hasn't been 'woked' yet)

If so how many?
Just Tonto

Do you defend gyms together?
No, too dangerous.

What is it that you all do?
Smoke Piece Pipe. 🚬

TRAINER CODE 8079 2017 1573

User Info: Puglia77

Puglia77
1 month ago#4
3 coworkers, my brother, my college classmate, a friend I've known for 9 years on Facebook and met in person 2 years ago at a convention, and another friend. And some from my local county Discord.
Proud Arceus of C.E.A.L. 3DS: 3926 5179 1229 IGN: ICanSnake (AS, Moon, UM, SW) | Jon (X)
Event List: http://bit.ly/2mVcn2Z Shiny List: http://bit.ly/2wdbxU7

User Info: GidoDaHitman

GidoDaHitman
1 month ago#5
Puglia77 posted...
3 coworkers, my brother, my college classmate, a friend I've known for 9 years on Facebook and met in person 2 years ago at a convention, and another friend. And some from my local county Discord.
Pretty dope, thats an active friends list.

I guess the reason I came up with this topic was to figure out what exactly is the motive of this new feature for inviting friends to PoGo. Like how would I actually get others to play if they havent already?

I think Niantic are taking this "play with friends" gimmick too literal and not really going with a realistic approach to things and thats concerning. Not to be naggy but inviting friends to play PoGo isnt that much useful and only promotes fake accounts like what most people already do. I just feel like they could've spent more effort improving the game more thoroughly then to add pointless features like referrals.

User Info: Prism Weapon

Prism Weapon
1 month ago#6
Almost all for me, just because I like doing lucky trades.

User Info: WarLegalomon

WarLegalomon
1 month ago#7
I have three close friends that I chat with daily. Two of them are not as active in GO as they used to be, they come and out in spurts. The other one I raid with whenever he happens to be online (busy work schedule).

The rest on the Friends List are ones I got from here, and a local Go group on Facebook. I don't know anyone personally from the two sites. Still, I am Ultra Friends with several people here so that's something!

But yeah, personally knowing anyone on my Go Friends List? Just the 3.
Fave Shows: Arrowverse, Ducktales, Stargate SG1
Playing: Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age, Animal Crossing, Trails in the Sky ... Twitter: GaoRyuki

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
1 month ago#8
I know around 100 of my friends as they're part of the local community here but I would say I'm only 'mates' with less than 20 and close to around 10. Two of those are my children.

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
1 month ago#9
I have 120 friends total. I would say about 70 are people I know/have met, but I'd say there's a fair few alts and kids accounts in there too.

About 30 are people I regularly raid with or see out and about playing. About 10 are people I would consider friends.
Fire Bucket

User Info: PhoenixFire99

PhoenixFire99
1 month ago#10
Right now 141 but that number is expected to drop a bit once I can be bothered to go through and remove those that don’t open and send me gifts.
Currently playing: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. how many friends do you have..
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A