• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Halloween Cup is more trick than treat =x

User Info: ZNN

ZNN
1 month ago#1
Are you enjoying the Halloween Cup? - Results (23 votes)
Yes
30.43% (7 votes)
No
34.78% (8 votes)
I don't PVP
34.78% (8 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Currently like 0/5. The last match -- after I revamped my team -- I wound up freezing when I should have won.

Otherwise I didn't do much research beforehand (which hurt me) and then wound up getting terrible lead match-ups each round, even the one where I should have won I was at a disadvantage.

I had Azumarill on my team for the first three matches, but probably going to not use him. I powered up a Beedrill, but beyond that I have a Shiftry, Galvantula, and now I'm trying out a Wigglytuff. Most of the top stuff PvPoke lists I either don't have, don't have a good one, or don't feel like powering up.

User Info: KryptoPyro13

KryptoPyro13
4 weeks ago#2
I like it, it's fun. Nice to see Altaria and Registeel disappear from the meta.

User Info: fawooboogads

fawooboogads
4 weeks ago#3
It's interesting to see the new variety and learning the new matchups. I think i'm already starting to see a bit of a meta form though it's similar to great league where there's a little more diversity than masters but not as much as ultra premier. That said, I didn't start so hot this cup :x
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.

User Info: ZNN

ZNN
4 weeks ago#4
ffs, another 0/5. First match was a highly favorable match-up where the app crashes and then freezes on reload. Second and third were bad match. Fourth was a highly favorable match where the game froze midway through because my signal was interrupted and the charge attack button vanished, etc. Fifth was the same tech problem but my connection didn't have any problem.

fawooboogads posted... It's interesting to see the new variety and learning the new matchups. I think i'm already starting to see a bit of a meta form though it's similar to great league where there's a little more diversity than masters but not as much as ultra premier. That said, I didn't start so hot this cup :x

idk, just seems like a different kind of monotony. The leads I tend to run into are AMaro, Crustle, and Beedrill (or rarely a Mawile). Most teams have a Galvantula and many have an Azumarill. Then there are maybe 5-10 other Pokemon I see on top of that. So far I've seen one Driflim and one Dusclops (which was the match I should have won).
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
4 weeks ago#5
It's decent enough. Not the broadest variety but not bad either. Enjoying it despite not being particularly successful.

I've been trying out Toxicroak/Haunter/Froslass - mostly with Toxi lead, but some Haunter here and there. Doesn't seem to need the traditional A-B-B setup that you usually run when doubling up on a type and Toxi is more prone to a hard lead losses, but I've ran Toxi so much in open GL that I'm used to flipping it around into a successful closer in those cases (assuming I can work around that lead loss, of course often not very possible). Thinking about swapping Fros for Drifblim (another one I regularly use in open).
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
4 weeks ago#6
Instead I switched to a Crustle lead with Tentacruel and A-Muk, immediately went 9-1.
Also noticing I'm fighting almost exclusively rank 9's while I'm at 8
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: Shaun1907

Shaun1907
4 weeks ago#7
I've definitely done far worse than normal great league, but my best success has come with Crustle-Clefable-A-Marowak.

I've tried out other like Galvantula, Wormadam and Mawile but I didn't think they really did the job. Granted I assume I had terrible lead matchups for most of those.
Canucks - Colts - Blue Jays - Whitecaps

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
4 weeks ago#8
Sure, but Galvantula is rather broken due to piggybacking.

The first day I was completely dominating the cup, gaining 200 points, since I actually think for myself instead of waiting to see from YouTubers what Pokémon make sense using. That’s the thing with PoGo: YouTube players level the playing field and pretty much punish smarter players by telling everyone what Pokémon are good in the meta. I really hate this aspect of the community, because if people drew their own conclusions it would be so much less predictable and more fun. After the first day I was still having success but nowhere near as much.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#9
It's a nice change. Azu, Beedrill and Sableye seem to be doing alright for me.

User Info: RIPVyseCity

RIPVyseCity
4 weeks ago#10
Wiggly azu and A.maro here. Getting about 2 or 3 wins. 4 maybe once a day. I reached 2700 in ML now down to about 2612
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Halloween Cup is more trick than treat =x
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A