• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. The new PokeCoin system test is being completely reverted

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
1 month ago#1
https://pokemongolive.com/post/pokecoinupdate/

UPDATE 10/27/20: Based on Trainer feedback and collected data, this PokéCoin-rewards test will be discontinued in all test countries (Australia, Germany, New Zealand, and Taiwan). The PokéCoin-rewards system in those countries will revert to the existing system on Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time. We appreciate Trainers’ participation in the test, and we’ll continue to look for ways to improve how players can earn PokéCoins.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
1 month ago#2
Wow, Niantic's finally doing something right for a change. Impressive.

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
1 month ago#3
Like I can't even......

Just have the option to do both with a hard cap of 50? That way you could sweep up in gyms or focus on tasks, or a combo of both. This entire system was tested to give rural players a better chance of getting coins but they f***ed it up with including bizarre awkward tasks and having an all or nothing requirement.

Literally run by f***ing assclowns lmao.

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
1 month ago#4
It did seem to be popular enough once they removed "Win a raid" from the pool of daily tasks, so I'm sure it's nothing but them making noticeably less money in the countries running the test.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: ZNN

ZNN
1 month ago#5
ToneDeaf posted...
Just have the option to do both with a hard cap of 50? That way you could sweep up in gyms or focus on tasks, or a combo of both. This entire system was tested to give rural players a better chance of getting coins but they f***ed it up with including bizarre awkward tasks and having an all or nothing requirement.

Would have made the most sense.

User Info: YubelBuster

YubelBuster
4 weeks ago#6
As a german player myself, I can say, that my local community was very against the change in the beginning.
Especially the task to win a raid was annoying.
But after they removed that task, it was fine.
It calmed the gym situation here and everyone was more independent.

We do not like, that it is reverted back.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
4 weeks ago#8
Normally I'd be kinda excited that this garbage was reverted, buuuut apparently it was a lot better after "Win a raid" disappeared from the pool, which literally everyone wanted. People in the test countries were actually okay with it, and now they're sad/angry that it's going away, as it was especially useful for people in rural areas and/or in major COVID lockdown that Niantic has decided is no longer a thing anymore.

Clearly Niantic didn't like the drop in coin sales this must of caused them, now that people could basically guarantee themselves 20 coins per day without the raid task, unable to go to gyms while in lockdown for raids or a shot at 50 coins. But oh, remember, "player feedback" totally caused them to make this revert decision. Absolutely. Mmhmm.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
4 weeks ago#9
SmokeRulz posted...
Clearly Niantic didn't like the drop in coin sales this must of caused them

if i had a choice. make it that you can earn 20 coins from any source but the tasks can be skipped and possible to earn the 50 through the gym instead.

only takes 2-3 gyms held for 8 hours to max out for the day.
Explorers In The Further Regions Of Experience, demons to some, Angels To Others: Pinhead
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
4 weeks ago#10
kingdrake2 posted...
if i had a choice. make it that you can earn 20 coins from any source but the tasks can be skipped and possible to earn the 50 through the gym instead.

only takes 2-3 gyms held for 8 hours to max out for the day.

This is precisely what I suggested back when this system was first being tested, especially if the daily pool was going to have trash like "Win a raid" in it. Keep the gym max at 50 and give people the option to get 20 of those from the daily tasks, assuming they're able to complete them. Of course this was before I knew the daily tasks would actually carry over to the next day if you didn't complete them all, which made "Win a raid" even worse.

Instead of striking a good balance and letting people have that 20 a day, Niantic is just gonna revert the whole thing and keep the "50 from a gym only" status quo, because doing something cool for the players that takes a slight chunk out of their already insane profits is just not in the cards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. The new PokeCoin system test is being completely reverted
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A