• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Reddit go leage ranking explanation

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
3 days ago#11
How much total XP do you guys have? There seemed to be some support for that being factored into your initial rating as well. Sounds like the specific numbers on the badges are what matters, too, not just bronze/silver/gold (big difference between 100 and 999 Rocket battles despite both being silver, for example).
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: kyujo

kyujo
2 days ago#12
55mil. I had average wins, but high badges and got high rating
Current Game(s): Borderlands 3, WD2,
Must-watch: Legion, AoS, The 100

User Info: Xenozoa425

Xenozoa425
2 days ago#13
I have about 45 mil XP. My Rocket badge is around 150/1000 and great badge is 4 away from gold.
"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you. We demand it."

User Info: Blitzkrieg182

Blitzkrieg182
2 days ago#14
4.3mil 2104 BR 180-95. and 3.1mil 1870 BR, 120 -40. badges were all bronze and low silver before league started and consistently won 3-5. They are now silvers, one gold ,rocket and master still bronze and no increase in ranking up.

So it would make sense badges and xp affected me.

I wish an official equation or algorithm would appear. For my sanity, if you guys come across something, link it here please.

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
2 days ago#15
Yeah, that seems pretty conclusive. 40+ million XP getting placed at 3k+, less than 1/10 that XP getting placed around 2k or lower.

Progress on the badges after you've already hit rank 7 probably doesn't matter, after that point it should all be wins/losses and ratings of your opponents.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: ZNN

ZNN
2 days ago#16
Xenozoa425 posted...
Your medals and your early wins in the lower ranks pre-determine how high your rank can be.

I have a rating of 3065 in rank 9 with 65 wins, 115 battles, 6 streak, and the following medals.

Silver Ace Trainer
Silver Great League
Silver Team GO Rocket
Bronze Ultra League

I don't even have a bronze Master League medal yet.

Which is so weird, since I would assume my overall rating was reasonably good from the lower ranks (and my highest win streak is 8) and I have gold medals for all of the battling stuff already yet I'm only rank 8.

Mizznox posted...
How much total XP do you guys have? There seemed to be some support for that being factored into your initial rating as well. Sounds like the specific numbers on the badges are what matters, too, not just bronze/silver/gold (big difference between 100 and 999 Rocket battles despite both being silver, for example).

Huh, that's an intriguing theory.

User Info: Blitzkrieg182

Blitzkrieg182
2 days ago#17
Mizznox posted...
Yeah, that seems pretty conclusive. 40+ million XP getting placed at 3k+, less than 1/10 that XP getting placed around 2k or lower.

Progress on the badges after you've already hit rank 7 probably doesn't matter, after that point it should all be wins/losses and ratings of your opponents.

Lower for me. I started at 1600 and 1500. Wins losses and ratings should make sense. My example is I can go 5/5 against 4/5 opponents 2200+ and I'll only receive >50 battle points. If I win 3 I get like 4 points. I feel like that is very low.

Edit. 4 wins on 3.0 w/l account. 20 battle points....
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Reddit go leage ranking explanation
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A