• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Reddit go leage ranking explanation

User Info: Blitzkrieg182

Blitzkrieg182
3 days ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/ezk4g7/study_report_go_battle_league_rating_vastly/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

In case anyone was dumb like me and waited until now to search for this.

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
3 days ago#2
my ultra/master badges are hardly played :(.
purifying and doing rocket every day (whenever there's a weedle/golbat/zubat to purify).
The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of **** - Mike Tyson
(edited 3 days ago)

Blitzkrieg182
3 days ago#3
I read everything on that stupid link and I still no definitive explanation. If anyone has any definitive info please leave it here for me.

User Info: Xenozoa425

Xenozoa425
3 days ago#4
Your medals and your early wins in the lower ranks pre-determine how high your rank can be.

I have a rating of 3065 in rank 9 with 65 wins, 115 battles, 6 streak, and the following medals.

Silver Ace Trainer
Silver Great League
Silver Team GO Rocket
Bronze Ultra League

I don't even have a bronze Master League medal yet.
"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you. We demand it."
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: mtpfreak

mtpfreak
3 days ago#5
It's annoying that Niantic continue to obfuscate mechanics of their game, especially in important competitive features like the Go Battle League.

The fact that you can have an advantage by actively participating in battle outside of the Go Battle League prior to its release is just a bad idea altogether. There are players that are late joiners, those who have outright ignored PvP trainer battles, are unable to participate in gym or raid battles, etc.
3DS FC: RupeeClock - 2019-9640-6656

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
3 days ago#6
mtpfreak posted...
There are players that are late joiners, those who have outright ignored PvP trainer battles, are unable to participate in gym or raid battles, etc

they could fix it if they gave everyone the same rating based on wins/losses up to rank 7 and calculating from there. but that would be in a perfect world.
The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of **** - Mike Tyson

Blitzkrieg182
3 days ago#7
Xenozoa425 posted...
Your medals and your early wins in the lower ranks pre-determine how high your rank can be.

I have a rating of 3065 in rank 9 with 65 wins, 115 battles, 6 streak, and the following medals.

Silver Ace Trainer
Silver Great League
Silver Team GO Rocket
Bronze Ultra League

I don't even have a bronze Master League medal yet.

What and where are you basing this on?

Silver ace
Silver great
Gold ultra
Bronze rocket
173-92

Same for my girls account except it's something like 110 and 35.

Xenozoa425
3 days ago#8
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
What and where are you basing this on?
The link that you provided?
"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you. We demand it."

Blitzkrieg182
3 days ago#9
Xenozoa425 posted...
The link that you provided?

Did you read it? There were people with stats who contradicted every argument on there.

Xenozoa425
3 days ago#10
And comparing my stats with the info leads me to believe that the info is indeed correct. I had moderate success in the first 2 weeks of GBL, maintaining a W/L of 1.5+ and by the time I got to rank 7, I was already in the early 3000's, even though most of my medals are silver.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Reddit go leage ranking explanation
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A