• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Pokestop submissions open worldwide to level 40 players

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#21
Philip027 posted...
Still have to wonder why the only players who get to do something like this are the players who likely don't even need it.

Because they're the players who play the most. And for what it's worth I'm making a real effort to populate barren areas rather than adding to my already overstuffed town.

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
4 weeks ago#22
Philip027 posted...
Still have to wonder why the only players who get to do something like this are the players who likely don't even need it.

Because they've shown they're dedicated to the game and are far more likely to know what makes a good Pokestop and to use their submissions wisely.

Would you rather a bunch of level 10s just submit every road sign or lamppost near their house, clogging up the review pool, only to get rejected?
Fire Bucket

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
4 weeks ago#23
Guys it works... I submitted a few weeks ago and the splash pad by our big park is a brand new stop as of today
You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person! ~ Micheal Scott
PSN: Spetsnaz420 NNID: 0963-2355-7401 (MH4U + MHG only)

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
4 weeks ago#24
Because they've shown they're dedicated to the game and are far more likely to know what makes a good Pokestop and to use their submissions wisely.

Let's be real here; the only thing that would make a place a "good" place for a Pokestop to someone is what would be most convenient for them and their daily routine. And the level 40 players have shown they need it the least by being level 40.

This is just a rich get richer, poor get poorer scenario.

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
4 weeks ago#25
A big reason for the level 40 requirement is to try to keep the review backlog manageable. Maybe there's some solution out there to allow players in poorly-supported areas the opportunity to make the game more playable there, but a blanket reduction of the level requirement would just slow things way down everywhere. Haven't looked at what constitutes the reviewer test yet, but seems like a test to earn some submissions at a lower level would be reasonable.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: CChrono

CChrono
4 weeks ago#26
I noticed a few stops in my town are now gyms!

With the system of much easier Exp, there’s far more Level 40 players than ever.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#27
CChrono posted...
I noticed a few stops in my town are now gyms!

With the system of much easier Exp, there’s far more Level 40 players than ever.

This also. Location has little to do with level anymore as if you know what you're doing you can hit Level 40 in a couple of months using gifts.

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 weeks ago#28
Philip027 posted...

Let's be real here; the only thing that would make a place a "good" place for a Pokestop to someone is what would be most convenient for them and their daily routine. And the level 40 players have shown they need it the least by being level 40.

This is just a rich get richer, poor get poorer scenario.

Except you don't review your own stuff but other people's stuff? What the heck are you talking about....

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
4 weeks ago#29
galeongirl posted...
Except you don't review your own stuff but other people's stuff? What the heck are you talking about....

Exactly, and so what if people start getting new Pokestops that are in their area, it's not like they're exclusively just for them. A new stop benefits everyone in that area.
Fire Bucket

User Info: Cory898

Cory898
4 weeks ago#30
Sucks that you have to take the pictures during the process rather than access your camera roll. I took the necessary pictures then came in from the cold to try and do my nomination. Discovered I could only bring up the camera when I got to that step. Now I have to clock in so it’ll have to wait until another day.
There is nothing sexier than a relationship built on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Pokestop submissions open worldwide to level 40 players
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers