• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. The community days are great, but it's going to be a problem for new players

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
3 weeks ago#31
GreedoShootsFirst posted...
Who the hell are these new players lol. It seems like everyone that's played the game is already in or out. You'd figure new players would be like a dozen worldwide a week.

they're out there. we all have to start somewhere.
we started playing in late august.
The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of **** - Mike Tyson

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
3 weeks ago#32
Between this board and facebook groups, I have never seen such entitlement shown in regards to new players in a game.

You are going to miss events, rocket stops will not be easy for you, you will miss legendaries, and the game will not give you everything on a silver platter.

"Everyone attack" - The Man in the Back

User Info: DullPython

DullPython
3 weeks ago#33
Bloodychess posted...
Between this board and facebook groups, I have never seen such entitlement shown in regards to new players in a game.

You are going to miss events, rocket stops will not be easy for you, you will miss legendaries, and the game will not give you everything on a silver platter.

Did you also walk 5 miles to the Pokestop when you were a kid?
Modded for calling someone a glass pane (flaming), for saying a topic headline was stupid (trolling) and that a show was an abortion (offensive to abortions?)

User Info: erson

erson
3 weeks ago#34
I believe it was a 2day event last December, too.

oscillator_ posted...
DullPython posted...
ToneDeaf posted...
We have the December recap for that.

Sure - but is that for that year? Or for all CDs?

Niantic announced two Community Days in December. Presumably, the first one will be a recap of the Community Days prior to 2019 and the second one will be a recap for this year.
ErSoN
"Never underestimate the power of the queen with lovely hair, my dear." - Ferdinand Lyle, Penny Dreadful

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
3 weeks ago#35
erson posted...
I believe it was a 2day event last December, too.

oscillator_ posted...
DullPython posted...
ToneDeaf posted...
We have the December recap for that.

Sure - but is that for that year? Or for all CDs?

Niantic announced two Community Days in December. Presumably, the first one will be a recap of the Community Days prior to 2019 and the second one will be a recap for this year.

Yeah it was a 48 hour window with increased odds during usual CD hours.

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
3 weeks ago#36
I definitely think all CD moves should be available on every CD, either through evolution or TMs. It does feel like it punishes new players or people with other obligations with such a small window of opportunity.

And if they want people to raid, I dont understand why dont put the legacy move non-5*s back in as regular raids.
Fire Bucket

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
3 weeks ago#37
SRR Capdown posted...
I definitely think all CD moves should be available on every CD, either through evolution or TMs. It does feel like it punishes new players or people with other obligations with such a small window of opportunity.

And if they want people to raid, I dont understand why dont put the legacy move non-5*s back in as regular raids.

Giving someone a monthly chance kind of destroys the alure. An annual catch up day is more than enough.

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
3 weeks ago#38
ToneDeaf posted...
Giving someone a monthly chance kind of destroys the alure. An annual catch up day is more than enough.

I don't disagree, but there's somewhere in the middle they can meet that would be better. If the CD is for a Grass type starter, all previous Grass type starters can get theirs too, same for Fire and Water on their respective days, and then the non-starter CDs get the same deal too.
Fire Bucket

User Info: CobraGT

CobraGT
3 weeks ago#39
SRR Capdown posted...
ToneDeaf posted...

I don't disagree, but there's somewhere in the middle they can meet that would be better. If the CD is for a Grass type starter, all previous Grass type starters can get theirs too, same for Fire and Water on their respective days, and then the non-starter CDs get the same deal too.

Ramdomly have all inclusive CD where all inclusive is announced when CD starts.
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/PicsNao/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. The community days are great, but it's going to be a problem for new players
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers