• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. v0.157.0 update live, new loading screen, search filters, and more

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 days ago#41
nightwing3415 posted...
I don't recall having this issue before the update

/what'sbeingsaidaftereverysingleupdate

/Nianticgonnaniantic

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
4 days ago#42
My favorite thing is how the last task I need on the current Jirachi page is the "win 7 trainer battles" horses***, and I have no less than 4 friends high rank enough to help me out with it, except remote battling is broken and they can't.

galeongirl
4 days ago#43
SmokeRulz posted...
My favorite thing is how the last task I need on the current Jirachi page is the "win 7 trainer battles" horses***, and I have no less than 4 friends high rank enough to help me out with it, except remote battling is broken and they can't.

What does that have to do with the new update?

Find a random other player nearby, ask them to battle you 7 times. Done. Or ask a person online to become better friends and do the task with you. Done. It's really not that hard, just requires minimal social interaction.

SmokeRulz
4 days ago#44
galeongirl posted...
SmokeRulz posted...

Find a random other player nearby, ask them to battle you 7 times. Done. Or ask a person online to become better friends and do the task with you. Done. It's really not that hard, just requires minimal social interaction.

Uh? Didn't the current update break remote battles? That's the entire point of my post. I can't battle my friends who I'm already Ultra level with because it doesn't connect. Also I don't do local battles.

galeongirl
4 days ago#45
SmokeRulz posted...
galeongirl posted...
SmokeRulz posted...

Uh? Didn't the current update break remote battles? That's the entire point of my post. I can't battle my friends who I'm already Ultra level with because it doesn't connect. Also I don't do local battles.

Oh, use the QR codes in that case. It's a bit of a dodgy workaround, share QR code via a different medium you can open on your laptop like Discord or Whatsapp (web), so you can scan it with your phone. It's annoying but it works.

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
4 days ago#46
Wait, the QR code works over long distances? I always assumed it would have a range limit similar to trading.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

galeongirl
4 days ago#47
Mizznox posted...
Wait, the QR code works over long distances? I always assumed it would have a range limit similar to trading.

I read on TSR that it actually does work from distances as well. But I have not tried it myself.

SmokeRulz
4 days ago#48
galeongirl posted...
Oh, use the QR codes in that case. It's a bit of a dodgy workaround, share QR code via a different medium you can open on your laptop like Discord or Whatsapp (web), so you can scan it with your phone. It's annoying but it works.

f***in hell. I don't even want to go through the effort. Hilarious that this apparently works, though.

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
4 days ago#49
galeongirl posted...
Mizznox posted...

I read on TSR that it actually does work from distances as well. But I have not tried it myself.

Just tested it. looool it works.

I'm surprised this isn't more widely known. I'm less surprised that Niantic overlooked this possibility.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

User Info: ZNN

ZNN
4 days ago#50
jfc, that's the best thing ever. It's even something of an improvement over the normal remote method.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. v0.157.0 update live, new loading screen, search filters, and more
  • Post New Message