• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. October Community Day - Trapinch, 3x catch XP

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 week ago#71
Krazoa2 posted...
In my experience, the weather status is sunny more than all other types of weather combined.

It's usually windy or partly cloudy here when not raining. Sunny weather rarely remains for more than an hour at a time, except at night, past the raid curfew.

I've only seen fog a few times in early winter mornings, around 3~6 AM. It doesn't snow here, but we do get the occasional hail, which IMO should count as snow in the game.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
MSI Z170A-S02 || Xeon E-2126G 4.1~4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz || Radeon RX 480

User Info: sambuca

sambuca
1 week ago#72
Solarys posted...
Krazoa2 posted...
In my experience, the weather status is sunny more than all other types of weather combined.

It's usually windy or partly cloudy here when not raining. Sunny weather rarely remains for more than an hour at a time, except at night, past the raid curfew.

I've only seen fog a few times in early winter mornings, around 3~6 AM. It doesn't snow here, but we do get the occasional hail, which IMO should count as snow in the game.

I asked Niantic and they said you're supposed to go travel somewhere where it is snowing or foggy there. I told them it isn't convenient or cheap and I dont have the means to travel around the world for a video game, and that no matter how hard I tried, the birds I come across can't seem to learn Fly and carry me around the world. They hung up.
No way, dude! This is NOT happening again...

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 week ago#73
think i'm going to try for the flygon. ground type moves are pretty great.
need about 39 candy which is about 13 catches. less if i use pinaps.
The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of **** - Mike Tyson

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
1 week ago#74
So is anyone surprised that it's earth power? How does it alter pvp now?
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5

User Info: ZNN

ZNN
1 week ago#75
Krazoa2 posted...
In my experience, the weather status is sunny more than all other types of weather combined. It of course depends on where you live, but for my example, doesn't this make him not correct, since Flygon wouldn't be "trash" if he's more useful most of the time? For the "otherwise" to be applicable, "sunny weather" would have to not exist.

I live in a cloudy and partly cloudy area, for the most part. Clear might be the third most common weather for me.

Mizznox posted...
Sunny/Clear weather does still leave Flygon trailing behind Excadrill, Groudon, Golurk, Garchomp, and Mamoswine. I suppose our thresholds for "trash" may vary, but "6th best against one type in the right weather" probably doesn't move the needle much unless you're really slim on Ground types.

O snap!

sambuca posted...
I asked Niantic and they said you're supposed to go travel somewhere where it is snowing or foggy there. I told them it isn't convenient or cheap and I dont have the means to travel around the world for a video game, and that no matter how hard I tried, the birds I come across can't seem to learn Fly and carry me around the world. They hung up.

I considered that, but instead I wound up listening to the leader of a fan club who gave me a coupon for a free bicycle.
ZNN posted...
O snap!

well...to be fair, excadrill, golurk, and garchomp don't exist. so that puts it third. and groudon is not currently obtainable if you don't already have it, and candies are hard to get, making it a possible second.

still, it being behind mamoswine is pretty bad. did you omit rhyperior on purpose, Mizz? i didn't think mamoswine was outperforming rhyperior.
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
1 week ago#77
verylatebloomer posted...
still, it being behind mamoswine is pretty bad. did you omit rhyperior on purpose, Mizz? i didn't think mamoswine was outperforming rhyperior.

On my original check it looked like EP Flygon and Rhyperior were pretty much dead equal in DPS, each taking the lead at times depending on situation. After double checking, sure, you could probably throw Rhyperior ahead most of the time, too.

verylatebloomer posted...
well...to be fair, excadrill, golurk, and garchomp don't exist

Guess that one's a biome thing? Though our area is definitely not one for Ground types generally, I've caught probably 9 or 10 Drillbur and a wild Excadrill (and seen another on nearby that I couldn't get to).

And as I type this, someone just posted another Excadrill sighting >_>
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv
(edited 1 week ago)
Mizznox posted...
Guess that one's a biome thing?

seems pretty much like cranidos. ALL THE TIME posts are going on about how "well, now that we have cranidos, that's what we base raiding ability on" when...you're lucky if you have evolved one yet around here, and you've been walking it solely if you have one powered enough to use in raids.

i mean...it's freaking pseudo legendary rare here.

which is funny, cuz pseudo's aren't rare in other places. it's really effing weird, too, cuz man, Vegas isn't like a small freaking town or something. It's just not cool enough to get an important biome.
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: CChrono

CChrono
1 week ago#79
Cranidos is still very rare in my area.
The occasional Drillbur and only one or two Excadrill.

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
1 week ago#80
I haven't seen a Drillbur yet, and still haven't gotten a good Cranidos either. :P my area is full of rats and doggo's tho.. wanna swap?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. October Community Day - Trapinch, 3x catch XP
  • Post New Message