• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Who else didn't catch any shiny Turtwigs?

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#21
erson posted...
I hate that I can’t spin rocket stops without battling them first to get items. I was running out of balls and I didn’t want to have to battle just to spin.

You can can't you?

On topic, I got 7 out of about 400 catches. The first hour there were barely any spawning. Weird day.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: erson

erson
4 weeks ago#22
verylatebloomer posted...
erson posted...
I hate that I can’t spin rocket stops without battling them first to get items. I was running out of balls and I didn’t want to have to battle just to spin.

what are you talking about?

just don't battle. they still work as regular stops. i pretty much flee from all the poison or flying ones now.

I thought they take your items after spinning?and only way to spin for items is beating them.

Omg lol
ErSoN
"Never underestimate the power of the queen with lovely hair, my dear." - Ferdinand Lyle, Penny Dreadful
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Krazoa2

Krazoa2
4 weeks ago#23
erson posted...
erson posted...

just don't battle. they still work as regular stops. i pretty much flee from all the poison or flying ones now.

I thought they take your items after spinning?and only way to spin for items is beating them.

Omg lol

To be fair, the poorly written english says they're stealing items, even though they're not.
Kraz is now my favorite person on GFaqs, since literally everyone else I've seen lacks the ability to be hilarious without sounding absolutely moronic. -poe376
Krazoa2 posted...
To be fair, the poorly written english says they're stealing items, even though they're not.

yeah, it was ambiguous enough that eventually i took stock of my items before and after. The items you get from the first spin are 100% added to your inventory. The benefit of beating them, of course, is that you get stardust, and a pokemon, and once you've cleared the encounter the stop resets and you get another spin without having to wait five minutes. So generally it's worth it for me, since i have a low stop density and spend all my dust.
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: 3127

4 weeks ago#25
Did some of you maybe log in at the wrong time, if you didn’t see any Turtwigs? It’s possible you might have missed the actual time the event was on by logging in an hour or two before or after... I know with different time zones sometimes people get mixed up

User Info: umop-apisdn

umop-apisdn
4 weeks ago#26
I caught 6 shiny Turtwig. I decided to stop at 2, but very oddly ran into a lot on the way back to the station.

Wasn’t my priority, so I only caught enough to evolve a shiny and a regular for Frenzy Plant.

Waiting for Mewtwo. That’s top priority atm.
"The ending isn't any more important than any of the moments leading to it." - Dr. Rosalene

User Info: erson

erson
4 weeks ago#27
3127 posted...
Did some of you maybe log in at the wrong time, if you didn’t see any Turtwigs? It’s possible you might have missed the actual time the event was on by logging in an hour or two before or after... I know with different time zones sometimes people get mixed up

Or maybe people went out to play from 3-6pm instead of 11am-2pm? Haha probably unlikely but can you imagine...
ErSoN
"Never underestimate the power of the queen with lovely hair, my dear." - Ferdinand Lyle, Penny Dreadful

User Info: supergoku18

supergoku18
4 weeks ago#28
erson posted...
3127 posted...

Or maybe people went out to play from 3-6pm instead of 11am-2pm? Haha probably unlikely but can you imagine...

I texted a friend of mine why he wasn't there and he completely missed the different time so there will be people that missed the community day because of that, the friend in question still got enough shinies since he was playing pokemon by 12 after i texted him but i doubt everyone will have someone who notices they aren't playing.

i haven't had a community day where i had 0 shiny, the early community days i did get a lot less then now though, like 1 charmander and 2 bulbasaur. This community day i got 15 :) out of 350 caught.

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 weeks ago#29
nightwing3415 posted...
erson posted...

It can be annoying...especially when the avatar is right next to a turtwig

I missed out on one turtwig because the rocket spawned directly above it.. no matter how much I tried, I could not tap the bloody turtwig. :P

User Info: Krazoa2

Krazoa2
4 weeks ago#30
supergoku18 posted...
I texted a friend of mine why he wasn't there and he completely missed the different time so there will be people that missed the community day because of that, the friend in question still got enough shinies since he was playing pokemon by 12 after i texted him but i doubt everyone will have someone who notices they aren't playing.

One of my friends texted me saying it was turtwig day as it was going. I played a bit, caught tons, got no shinies as usual. Then later that day I texted her and she said she had no idea it was that early, she was just telling me it was that day. The previous CDs were pushed back to later in the day because of the heat, and it's still hot, yet they had this one in the middle of the day when it was hot as hell still. It's almost like they just don't think about these things at all.

galeongirl posted...
I missed out on one turtwig because the rocket spawned directly above it.. no matter how much I tried, I could not tap the bloody turtwig. :P

The only thing TR steals in this game is enjoyment.
Kraz is now my favorite person on GFaqs, since literally everyone else I've seen lacks the ability to be hilarious without sounding absolutely moronic. -poe376
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Who else didn't catch any shiny Turtwigs?
  • Post New Message