You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. ...it seems like cashing in my 7-day right after reset always gives me a Latias

User Info: GastroFan

GastroFan
4 weeks ago#31
benbeverfaqs posted...
GastroFan posted...
My wish is that Niantic would bring Articuno and Zapdos back since I only have one of each.

You should be able to easily trade (or just get) a few of them. Both were the level 5 raid for a full month, both had a 3-hour raid event, both were exclusive research breakthrough rewards for a month and shared breakthrough rewards for 3 months. I've caught 40 or 50 of each (mostly during the 3-hour raid event) and because of limited inventory space (2000) was recently forced to discard a bunch. I'd rather hace given them away.

Personally I hope they reward something original again, like body slam snorlax, that, or Rayquaza, or one or more of the gen 4 legendaries.

I really don't want to trade for another Zapdos or Articuno since everyone wants a shiny pokemon in return (and I only have a few that aren't CD events). And when the Articuno event happened, I couldn't get anyone to join in a raid battle so that I could catch it except once; the same with Zapdos. I also had no luck with the weekly events, which is why I'd like Niantic to bring those two birds back (had better luck with Moltres).

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 weeks ago#32
verylatebloomer posted...
Mizznox posted...
I also don't recall any formal Silph study on the matter

yeah. this.

many of you want to keep throwing around the phrase "confirmational bias" like you know anything about it (while misspelling it every single time) and then "citing" your OPINION as if silph has done research without you actually having any data on it or having read this NON-EXISTANT research.

as TC stated, they HAVE previously weighted things. I'm sure without silph's research you'd be going around claiming all the egg hatches were an equal chance and that if you didn't get a rare hatch you're just unlucky, and RNG gonna RNG.

And honestly, they keep changing up the reward pool trying to find something that works--having 8 things in the pool at once was a s***ty idea, now they've reduced it--and it would make perfect sense to weight rewards either from a "rarity" stance (they DO like to keep certain pokemon rare for whatever reason) or from an accessibility stance (they DO also make some effort to make pokemon accessible eventually) and your blatant screaming that everyone who suspects a pattern based on the data they have available is an idiot does NOT confirm or deny bias, or add anything to the discussion.

But if you think one level deeper.... why does the Silph road have no research towards this? When they did research eggs?

Because with the eggs, they had a fair reason to doubt the fair distribution, so they wanted to find out if their idea was true.
But with research, there's apparently no reason to dig further into it. That alone is clear enough.

User Info: Krazoa2

Krazoa2
4 weeks ago#33
I've gotten nothing but latios and latias for a while now.

But I'll let these pokemon scientist masters explain the data percentages they can't see for an ever-changing online mobile game. I trust they know what's up.
Kraz is now my favorite person on GFaqs, since literally everyone else I've seen lacks the ability to be hilarious without sounding absolutely moronic. -poe376
galeongirl posted...
But if you think one level deeper

yes, making up data and pretending silph researched it, or blasting your opinions as facts that are "obvious" is DEFINITELY "thinking deeper"

sigh.
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: Taily_Po

Taily_Po
4 weeks ago#35
galeongirl posted...
... conformation bias really is strong here.

A ONE person experience is nowhere near enough evidence to base an opinion on if something is weighted or not.

Come back when your n = large enough to be representative. Until then, it's a random 1/4 chance.

The 1/4 claim is literally based on nothing though and is completely unsupported. You just assumed that all odds are even. Niantic never said that.
"If I were a ghost, this is certainly the kind of place I'd haunt."
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 weeks ago#36
galeongirl posted...

yes, making up data and pretending silph researched it, or blasting your opinions as facts that are "obvious" is DEFINITELY "thinking deeper"

sigh.

What data did I make up then?

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#37
galeongirl posted...
galeongirl posted...

sigh.

What data did I make up then?

Don't engage mate. He forgot to take his pills yesterday.
I believe this. The last two times I've been able to claim a research breakthrough it's been Latias.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4694795/Missingno-Master (my fanfics, please read)
https://i.imgur.com/uWrBYs2.png (my Shinies, not for trade)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. ...it seems like cashing in my 7-day right after reset always gives me a Latias