You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. What's the difference between spoofing and IV scanning bots?

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 week ago#41
galeongirl posted...
Wow, that's harsh man... why the hell would you not allow other players to join your group in a raid? -.-

I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't like me using two accounts, but there were 7 or 8 of them and 12 other accounts in the lobby. Go figure...

Or maybe they just didn't like someone they don't know invading their turf? I honestly have no clue why they would deny the help from two L40 accounts, unless they are just a toxic group for toxic a******s...

On the bright side, I have a much better experience playing in the city center. When lobbies fill up, players there have the good sense of splitting into groups by color, and nobody talks about spoofers. Sure, there are leechers using Blissey and rats, but that's more of a fault of the game design since there is no incentive to contribute in a large group.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: thatguy181

thatguy181
1 week ago#42
Yea, my discord group is supposedly "SUPER LEGIT, DEATH TO ALL SPOOFERS AND CHEATERS!" yet nobody bats an eye when people meet up for raids with 2 or more accounts.

Pretty sure my discord group would ban me in a heart beat if they knew half of what I do (dirty multiple account bastard that I am, but I enjoy knocking myself out of some of the out of the way gyms I visit after 8 hours... plus I can and likely have ruined people's pokedex stats with regional drops/unown variants) so I just generally don't discuss how I play.

As for spoofers, I just don't care about them, even if they are the Antichrist if my Discord group leader's could be believed. Frankly if I'm standing all alone at a raid and suddenly there's a raid group of 10 or more people (which has happened as there are numerous exraid gyms all over downtown) then I'm quite happy to join in and get a successful raid rather than walk away empty handed because nobody wanted to show up in person.

My Discord group also has a super strict policy against sharing friend codes in public channels because of "safety/privacy" concerns which is super annoying...

Like others have said, pick your battles, and honestly none of them are worth it. If the Discord group provides good information/intel on raids, keep your head down and benefit.

User Info: FaustXII

FaustXII
1 week ago#43
Anyway guys, sorry for my rant...

User Info: FaustXII

FaustXII
1 week ago#44
That guy is pretty insufferable. And stubborn as hell. >_<

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
1 week ago#45
BBQ_Soda posted...
Bloodychess posted...
One of the biggest principals of the game is to actually go out and play. Spoofing breaks that idea, scanning does not.

Whom do you think the scanners benefit the most? (Hint: It's the spoofers who can be anywhere, anytime.)
Scanners don't benefit legitimate players as much as you think, because how many of them can drop what they're doing and get to the spawn in time before it disappears?
Posting locations of 100% spawns is simply facilitating spoofing, so those who are anti-spoofing yet pro-scanners are hypocrites.

Your logic is awful and i can tell you aren't interested in having an honest conversation.

Research tasks benefit spoofers more too, better drop that from the game. Take trading out also. Actually, spoofers enjoy more benefits from their play style, so lets just shut the whole game down.
To err is human
To arr is pirate
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Sega_System

Sega_System
1 week ago#46
Bloodychess posted...
BBQ_Soda posted...
Bloodychess posted...
One of the biggest principals of the game is to actually go out and play. Spoofing breaks that idea, scanning does not.

Whom do you think the scanners benefit the most? (Hint: It's the spoofers who can be anywhere, anytime.)
Scanners don't benefit legitimate players as much as you think, because how many of them can drop what they're doing and get to the spawn in time before it disappears?
Posting locations of 100% spawns is simply facilitating spoofing, so those who are anti-spoofing yet pro-scanners are hypocrites.

Your logic is awful and i can tell you aren't interested in having an honest conversation.

Research tasks benefit spoofers more too, better drop that from the game. Take trading out also. Actually, spoofers enjoy more benefits from their play style, so lets just shut the whole game down.

Wow. I think he was having an honest conversation, while stating his opinion clearly.

You, on the other hand, have gone way over the top. Check yourself and come back once you've cooled down.
I'm so powerful, Leeroy Jenkins shouts my name when running into battle.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 week ago#47
Bloodychess posted...

Your logic is worse. The things you mentioned are a part of the game; scanners are not, and like those modified spoofing clients, they are also a violation of the ToS.

Scanner users hating on spoofers is just a matter of "pot calling the kettle black." They are all cheating, just in different ways.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: MeowMixCDs

MeowMixCDs
1 week ago#48
Solarys posted...
Bloodychess posted...

Your logic is worse. The things you mentioned are a part of the game; scanners are not, and like those modified spoofing clients, they are also a violation of the ToS.

Scanner users hating on spoofers is just a matter of "pot calling the kettle black." They are all cheating, just in different ways.

Maybe when the scanner users are hating on spoofers, they're actually hating on themselves.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. What's the difference between spoofing and IV scanning bots?