You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. What's this #FAKENEWS about being able to get Meltan faster?
I still got 7 days on my research task. I heard some flat out nonsense about it being reduced to 3 days or whatever.
BALTIMORE RAVENS

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
2 weeks ago#2
GreedoShootsFirst posted...
I still got 7 days on my research task. I heard some flat out nonsense about it being reduced to 3 days or whatever.

Research task? What are you talking about? The cooldown on the mystery box is 3 days during the event.

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
2 weeks ago#3
lol, FAKENEWS more like did not read the news.

Don't get angry first genius. Validate if your understanding of the news is correct or not. And it is, because most people now have boxes with 3 days on it.
GreedoShootsFirst 2 weeks ago#4
I really don't get it. I read the news, I opened up my box 2 days ago, and I need 7 stamps for the next one. My friend got an Articuno yesterday, and he's on 7 day stamps as well.
BALTIMORE RAVENS
GreedoShootsFirst 2 weeks ago#5
OHHHHHHHHHH

so it's a lame ass Let's Go tie-in, which isn't mentioned anywhere in the news. So much for that whole "Did not read the news".

Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping track of what's tied into Let's Go and what's actually a part of this game within itself. Between the multitude of topics about the Poke Ball Plus and the continued (and not explicitly stated) incorporation of Let's Go, it's really weird to keep track of everything. I thought they had changed the 7-day box to a special box that you got with 3 days worth of stamps with a high chance at a shiny Meltan. You know, cause as far as I know, the only boxes in this game are research boxes and the boxes in the shop.
BALTIMORE RAVENS

User Info: DullPython

DullPython
2 weeks ago#6
OHHHHHHHHHH

so it's a lame ass Let's Go tie-in, which isn't mentioned anywhere in the news. So much for that whole "Did not read the news".

Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping track of what's tied into Let's Go and what's actually a part of this game within itself. Between the multitude of topics about the Poke Ball Plus and the continued (and not explicitly stated) incorporation of Let's Go, it's really weird to keep track of everything. I thought they had changed the 7-day box to a special box that you got with 3 days worth of stamps with a high chance at a shiny Meltan. You know, cause as far as I know, the only boxes in this game are research boxes and the boxes in the shop.

You seem to have a lot of issues with reading notices in this game. Why?

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
2 weeks ago#7
DullPython posted...
OHHHHHHHHHH

You seem to have a lot of issues with reading notices in this game. Why?

Just what I was thinking. I mean, I don't understand how you could misunderstand which box the notice was talking about when it was plastered with pictures of Meltan...

Also it's not 'lame ass.' It's a cool little bonus for players with no drawbacks.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
1 week ago#8
OHHHHHHHHHH

But nowhere in this news piece anything about research is mentioned. There's no box in the Meltan research, there's research rewards from each task. And the Meltan research has nothing to do with the regular research tasks and the 7 day reward box.

The Meltan box is the Let's Go thing yes... as is mentioned in the news.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. What's this #FAKENEWS about being able to get Meltan faster?