• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. "What did you do Pokemon GO today?" topic.

User Info: KaZooo

KaZooo
2 months ago#1
You can post anything in here non-CD/event related (since we usually have topics for those), with any open ended questions.

Got enough candy for Toxicroak. Dunno if it's really Great League worthy

100% Meditite. I think it has more worth staying a Meditite

Convenient Heatran raid in a mall food court. Saw one player in, and then another player joined us late in the countdown.
Competing every night, both ends, shoot inside/outside, fast break, transition, Monta Ellis have it all

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
2 months ago#2
Not a damn thing because it snowed like a motherf***er.

Good thing I got my dailies done just after midnight with a coworker.

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
2 months ago#3
hatched a perfect alolan meowth.

y'know, for what that's worth.
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
2 months ago#4
Tried to duo a Stone Edge Heatran with another active lvl 40 raider (something I've done with 60+ seconds remaining). After explaining a few times that we need good Ground attackers first and foremost - Groudon and Rhyperior/Rhydon/Golem "if they have Ground attacks" - filling out with Machamp, Kyogre, Gyarados, etc. with the appropriate attacks, and giving him time to set up a couple teams, we try and fail - probably about 10 seconds short.

"My Groudon had Solarbeam, is that a problem?"
"It was recommending that evolved Onix thing."
"I shouldn't use Mewtwo?"

Oy... by then the raid had almost expired and I started getting constant network errors trying to access the gym again, so we moved on. Thankfully there are a good chunk of players here I trust on stuff like this, but that one was painful.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
2 months ago#5
Mizznox posted...
everything you said

lol. welcome to my entire world of raiding. only replace that one player with full groups of 3-7 that cannot perform the necessary damage to duo or trio.
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
2 months ago#6
Mizznox posted...
Tried to duo a Stone Edge Heatran with another active lvl 40 raider (something I've done with 60+ seconds remaining). After explaining a few times that we need good Ground attackers first and foremost - Groudon and Rhyperior/Rhydon/Golem "if they have Ground attacks" - filling out with Machamp, Kyogre, Gyarados, etc. with the appropriate attacks, and giving him time to set up a couple teams, we try and fail - probably about 10 seconds short.

Oy... by then the raid had almost expired and I started getting constant network errors trying to access the gym again, so we moved on. Thankfully there are a good chunk of players here I trust on stuff like this, but that one was painful.

how did he even get to lv 40?? Most lv 40s here never played the main games but they at least understand the basics of type/move advantage in battles.

User Info: KaZooo

KaZooo
2 months ago#7
galeongirl posted...
Mizznox posted...

how did he even get to lv 40?? Most lv 40s here never played the main games but they at least understand the basics of type/move advantage in battles.

The first Level 40 players in my area were mostly retired people who had all the time to play/raid.

Otherwise in general there are a lot of people who are good at just playing the game more, and not necessarily playing the game right.

Had similar raiding episodes. I'd tell others what we should do on the retry, and they literally just won't listen. Of course I won't start making a fuss telling adults what to do, but yeah if anyone insults their competence, they had it coming.

I mean if they want to win the damn raid, and not waste everyone's passes/time....it doesn't take much.

But alas, those moments aren't too common. Definitely made me lean towards raiding with people I know, though.
Competing every night, both ends, shoot inside/outside, fast break, transition, Monta Ellis have it all
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
2 months ago#8
Man that sucks. Here in our Discord group people usually ask me before the raid starts what they should use, or on the Discord itself when a new raid boss comes out. I usually post the Silph Road charts on there as well. If a newbie comes in, they usually use random s*** yeah (like the guy sporting a Ho-Oh vs a Stone Edge Tyranitar). If it doesn't matter what they use, I don't bother, but if it's tight I tend to ask them if they have any good counters. Usually they ask me what a good counter is so I can explain that and they use them if they have them. Haven't had people blatantly ignore and use s*** instead, luckily. That must be incredibly frustrating.

User Info: BasiltheDragon

BasiltheDragon
2 months ago#9
Not much so far as I haven't left the flat!

Aiming to head out shortly though as need to walk a dog, might take a Pokéwalk around a local park to stock up on gifts.

I'm also aiming to get enough Croagunk candy to evolve my one (46 candy so far), plus find a Bronzor and a Finneon.

Oh and this evening I'll be down the pub which has two Pokéstops within range so hopefully can replenish items that way later.
Pokemon Ultra Sun: Basil - 3755 2689 2730

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
2 months ago#10
Nothing so far.
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. "What did you do Pokemon GO today?" topic.
  • Topic Closed