You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. What do you think is the worst research task, regardless of the reward?
I'm between two. Either "throw a consecutive number of curveballs in a row", because the streak broken pop up is annoying as hell and makes me more nervous, or the one about "super effective charged moves", because I rarely gym battle and it takes up space.

f*** those two, in particular. Taking rewards into account, whatever gives me an Onix, Lickitung, or Voltorb.
BALTIMORE RAVENS

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
6 days ago#2
"Evolve 10 Water type Pokemon."

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
6 days ago#3
SmokeRulz posted...

Did you stack up n save on water types?
Thats a lot easier than having 2 evolve x amount of y pokemon
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5
POkEMON GO FC 8101-5187-3128

User Info: pg2441

pg2441
6 days ago#4
Make three excellent throws in a row.

I can barely even manage to make one excellent throw on the best of days.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
6 days ago#5
nightwing3415 posted...
SmokeRulz posted...

Did you stack up n save on water types?
Thats a lot easier than having 2 evolve x amount of y pokemon

Of course goddamn not. Why would I ever keep a research task related to evolving?

Not to mention that before the spawn point update, water types are unheard of in my biome outside of the occasional Spheal. Now I just see Shellder and Seel sometimes too.

pg2441 posted...
Make three excellent throws in a row.

I'd go with this one as well, but at least this one is theoretically doable, and doesn't require - at best - stacking up 10+ Spheals and 250+ of their candy.
(edited 6 days ago)
"catch five bugs"

because it doesn't f***ing exist, and they're hiding YET ANOTHER pokemon AND it's evolution behind a ridiculous wall of "temporarily available but only to the super f***ing lucky"
acpc ID 7131 5955 342; Eilonwy40
PoGo ID 1063 5035 7379; Eilonwy40

User Info: Freedom888

Freedom888
6 days ago#7
Many researches are terrible tbh, which many have already mentioned, so I'll add in some of the ones that I also find to be terrible:

Hatch 5 eggs, which depending on your eggs, it can takes days to do, even though you get a Chansey, it's still a lot of eggs to be hatched just for 1 completion and 1 pokemon, many people in my group are not interested in seeing this task.

Evolve 2 pidgeys, this would be MUCH easier back in the day when pidgeys arent so rare, now I hardly ever see one. I don't even know why they didn't introduce it at first, but now that they did, they had to lower the spawn rate for them for some odd reason.

Overall, my group are feeling less and less motivated to play, time and time again this company just shows how bad they design their game. I just wanted to rant about it, don't mind me

User Info: BBQ_Soda

BBQ_Soda
6 days ago#8
"Spin 3 new Pokestops" had to be the worst ever, and practically impossible for old players without spoofing or trading accounts.
"Catch a Ditto" is also up there, since it's all dumb luck.
(message deleted)

User Info: Gringo355

Gringo355
6 days ago#10
"Catch a Ditto"

Yeah, lemme just go find all those pidgey that don't exist so I can eventually find a Ditto...
FC 2294-4390-8077 IGN: Y: Ziz, ORAS, S/M/US/UM: Lily Grass safari. Shiny list goo.gl/uZvdnT GT: Gringo355 Arisen: Lily, Pawn: Rose
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. What do you think is the worst research task, regardless of the reward?